AMEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMEX

I have an Amex i could possibly U/E the only hold back being is i have a company credit card through the company i work for with them too ;P-;

The company card works in the manner that i pay and work pay me before the bill is due and i pay it every month online as i like to check the statement vs my expenses and receipts.

Do i U/E Amex on my blue card and do i run the risk of my Company Card being pulled ;EEK .......... i need this for hotel expenses entertainment etc.

TYVM
    Mrs O

Re: AMEX

Key question: To whom are AMEX contracted for your company card? To you or to your employer?

If it is to your employer, then you should be able to do what you like with your own card.
    No longer a mod.

Comment

The card is in my name with the company name on the card?? i am responsible to pay it.

Comment

OK, so for this card you have a credit agreement with AMEX? Or does your employer have the credit agreement? Is your responsibility to pay it an agreement between you and AMEX or between you and your employer? What would happen to this card if you gave up your job?

Sorry for the questions, but I am trying to get an unequivocal answer to my original question. Or some clues.
        No longer a mod.

Comment

TBH Honest i signed the agreement for the Company Card when i started working for them, i will PM you with details

Comment

The agreement was an AMEX agreement that i had to sign not a Company agreement, but i signed it at work

Comment

OK, it looks to me like the contract is between you and AMEX, which will mean that you could potentially lose your work AMEX card if you go down un enforceability on your personal card.

It has been a while since I had a corporate card and I forget how that worked - except that my employer used to send me the bill for me to complete an expenses form and they would pay once I handed the form in authorised by my manager. IIRC.

Doing it how your company does it allows you to have credit on the company card if you just pay off the minimum and pocket the expenses they give you - so it is a bit of a perk. What you need to do is get rid of this perk and have your employer pay off AMEX directly - or you need to set aside a float to cover a months expenses or have some other credit to do it - unless you are forced to use the company card.

I think there may be some ways to deal with your employer, but first of all, how much of a problem would it be to let them know anything about your financial situation?
              No longer a mod.

Comment

The Card doesn't have a rolling credit facility basically the whole balance has to be paid in full each month so there are no min payments just the outstanding amount each month. I think i might leave this alone and tbh my amex is only £809 so may just continue to pay.

Comment

Hmm. I think I would be going to my company and saying that I was about to enter a dispute with AMEX on my personal card and what would my company advise if AMEX were not willing to continue my company card. And say that the details are nothing they should be involved in.
                  No longer a mod.

Comment

Mmmm i could look at that, a few things to consider i will sleep on this one and i appreciate your advice

TYVM

Comment

Hiya

Company AMEX cards are like the old corporate Natwest cards - although they are issued under the company name (i.e. the company credit score) they are allocated to you, the member of staff. I can tell you this without seeing any paperwork, cos its the way they always operate. So, the agreement is ultimately between Amex and your firm however part of that is that you're solely responsible for the balance on your card, however there is no agreement between you and Amex directly, it is a transferred rights agreement between you and the employer and amex.

In a nutshell, they cannot offset your business card with your personal debt. It cannot happen as it is a different agreement that you have so doing CCA on your personal debt is fine. No problemo, no need to tell the employer or anything - if they did happen to offset then i'd be looking for a new job though, lol.

I say the can't/shouldn't whatever - that does not for a minute mean they will not do it - this is a bank we're talking about lol...... ;LOL
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Going on from the above, if your personal debt to Amex is £800 then i'd definitely keep the account - sod ruining a good relationship for £800!!
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by never-in-doubt
                          ... In a nutshell, they cannot offset your business card with your personal debt. It cannot happen as it is a different agreement that you have so doing CCA on your personal debt is fine. No problemo, no need to tell the employer or anything - if they did happen to offset then i'd be looking for a new job though, lol.
                          I agree about off setting. It would be a rather useless game, because the unenforceability would attach to the offset balance.

The concern Overspender has and I would have is that credit could be withdrawn on the Company card at AMEX's discretion. Applying uneneforceability to a personal card might be something which could initiate this.
                          No longer a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by DVardysShadow
                            The concern Overspender has and I would have is that credit could be withdrawn on the Company card at AMEX's discretion. Applying uneneforceability to a personal card might be something which could initiate this.
                            They wouldn't be able to withdraw the corporate account as it is up to her employer to do that - basically the employer authorises each employee (the employee is not an account holder of the card, they are merely a cardholder like an additional cardholder). The problem lies with the confusion about the employee receiving terms etc - that is normal, as they do have to abide by the rules etc but it is not their account, it is not registered on their credit file - they are nothing to do with the account running, they cannot close/cancel or change anything, they can only do limited functions as an additional cardholder would be able to do....

AMEX cannot remove the facility without the authority of the account holder (the company who have the agreement) unless it was fraud or any of the other cancellation terms on the agreement issued to the additional cardholder (i.e. the employee)

Point is - her debt with them is unrelated to the business card. ;30 ;30

Comment

Originally posted by never-in-doubt
                              Originally posted by DVardysShadow
                              AMEX cannot remove the facility without the authority of the account holder (the company who have the agreement) unless it was fraud or any of the other cancellation terms on the agreement issued to the additional cardholder (i.e. the employee)

Point is - her debt with them is unrelated to the business card. ;30 ;30
                              OK, if they are an additional cardholder, then I would agree. Trouble is [no fault of Overspender's], it is not exactly clear what the contractual relationships are. They seem to go to a lot of trouble to make the contractual responsibilities clear [as in signing an AMEX agreement - but the relationships are left murky.
                              No longer a mod.

Comment

Working...
                              X