GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default Date - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Date

Hi All

I need some advice regarding a Default Date.

A Default date is on my credit file dated 26th November 2009.

The account was with Barclaycard and the default notice sent by Mercers Debt Colkection Agency who are agents for Barclaycard.

Default letter dated 18th May 2009 to pay arrears by 4th June 2009.

A also received a demand notice dated 1st October 2009 to pay by 8th October 2009.

Should the default still be recorded on my credit file, how can I go about getting this removed.

Kind regards

Johno

Re: Default Date

It'll drop off November. Only a couple of months to go.

Don't confuse a Default (s.87/88 CCA1974) with a CRA default. They're different.

Info -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...87-s88-CCA1974
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi all

Just to let you know I got Jo on the case and the defaults were removed off my credit file on the 2nd October 2015, in time to get my mortgage on the 3rd October!

Some points to inform

they agreed to remove the defaults as a gesture of good will, but said that it would take 4-6 weeks to update.

An email to the executive office to a Judith in Barclaycard, managed to get them off in a day!

The letter from Jo explained that a default should of been placed within 3 months after the date of the default notice not 6 months later!

So pleased onwards and upwards, over six years of fighting off debts, I am now free and clear!

Just one thing left to deal with and hopefully that will get sorted with the appeal and everyone's help in here, so thanks

Johno

Comment

Fab xx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great news - although they can actually take 6-9 months to add a default. It's not 3 months - this is in the guidelines provided by the ICO. In essence it allows natural progressive status (1-6 markers) then there's 3 months to default after that (= 9 months). Most lenders update a couple of markers say 1, 2, 3, D so in that example they added the D at month 4.

Again, this seems like confusion but factually they can add a default anytime up to 9 months after last payment. Jo probably gave the lender shit, the CRA's wouldn't remove them and most other lenders wouldn't. It's the only tool the lender has to hurt us.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well done, great news - My Cahoot loan was marked defaulted 07/2011 three years after the last payment 06/2008!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Great news - although they can actually take 6-9 months to add a default. It's not 3 months - this is in the guidelines provided by the ICO. In essence it allows natural progressive status (1-6 markers) then there's 3 months to default after that (= 9 months). Most lenders update a couple of markers say 1, 2, 3, D so in that example they added the D at month 4.

Again, this seems like confusion but factually they can add a default anytime up to 9 months after last payment. Jo probably gave the lender shit, the CRA's wouldn't remove them and most other lenders wouldn't. It's the only tool the lender has to hurt us.
              Thanks to clarify

Jan 09 last payment
              Feb 1 marker
              March 2 marker
              April 3 marker
              May 4 marker
              June 5 marker
              July 6 marker
              August 6 marker
              September 6 marker
              October 6 marker
              November 26 Default Date

Comment

Originally posted by bosdog View Post
                Well done, great news - My Cahoot loan was marked defaulted 07/2011 three years after the last payment 06/2008!
                So it's already SB then

leave it a couple more months then complain to the CRA direct - they can contact the lender and demand it's corrected - read our CRA section for details

Comment

Originally posted by johno23 View Post
                  Thanks to clarify

Jan 09 last payment
                  Feb 1 marker
                  March 2 marker
                  April 3 marker
                  May 4 marker
                  June 5 marker
                  July 6 marker
                  August 6 marker
                  September 6 marker
                  October 6 marker
                  November 26 Default Date
                  Well the 3 extra [6] markers (Aug/Sep/Oct) is the issue which is why it was removed. I knew I was right

Comment

I know of other lenders that don't progress past 6 ..... but usually 8/9 is when they default and terminate the account.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                      I know of other lenders that don't progress past 6 ..... but usually 8/9 is when they default and terminate the account.
                      Thing is they all do it differently - it's never been properly regulated sadly. But in an ideal world then they should be using markers 1-6 for month 1-6 then on month 7 they should be adding a default marker. In essence the account should be defaulted by month 7 (as in s.87 default not CRA default). If they delay the default by adding repeated month [6] markers then they can get wiped, ask the CRA or the creditor (if its SB / settled etc).

See this - Principles for the Reporting of Arrears, Arrangements andDefaults at Credit Reference Agencies --> http://www.scoronline.co.uk/sites/de...ment_final.pdf

Comment

Edit - new thread started to help others understand this --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...rence-Agencies

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Thing is they all do it differently - it's never been properly regulated sadly. But in an ideal world then they should be using markers 1-6 for month 1-6 then on month 7 they should be adding a default marker. In essence the account should be defaulted by month 7 (as in s.87 default not CRA default). If they delay the default by adding repeated month [6] markers then they can get wiped, ask the CRA or the creditor (if its SB / settled etc).

See this - Principles for the Reporting of Arrears, Arrangements andDefaults at Credit Reference Agencies --> http://www.scoronline.co.uk/sites/de...ment_final.pdf
                          Regulate the finance industry?? What a stupid idea!!

Only reason for repeated markers would be ATP or below minimum payments - but that's a different ball game and still should be properly displayed.

Comment

So what do you think Jo would make of this abuse of the CRA system?......

Click image for larger version

Name:	CRA Status.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1408930
                            Last edited by SaltnVinegar; 10 October 2015, 14:33.
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

So what do you think Jo would make of this abuse of the CRA system?......

Click image for larger version

Name:	CRA Status.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1408932
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                              X