GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard/Egg CCA request - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard/Egg CCA request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard/Egg CCA request

I am currently in a DMP and in fairness all is going smoothly apart from my two transferres Egg accounts. Egg credit card was transferred to Barclaycard in 2011.The card dates to 2002, interest was frozen by Egg and initially by Barclaycard, however they have now charging interest.

The second account was a loan taken out in 2006 which was transferred to Moorgate also in 2011. Moorgate are also applying interest and marking my credit file with 6's every month. Barclays have me on a AP every month.

I have CCA'd both and have had a response thus far from Barclaycard.
    In their response letter they state that they are providing a reconstituted copy of my agreement as varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the act. They provide a current statement of account of the limit and balance as it stands today.
    They also quote in response to CPUTR that they do not accept that they have not fully complied with their obligations.
    They have then provided what can only be described as generic terms and conditions headed with 'Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974' eight pages in total relating to Egg terms. The document is fronted by a page which is wholly blank apart from my name and adrees on the top left and a big box 'Your right to cancel'
    I have also been provided with two pages of Barclays terms and conditions.

I have tried to read up on enforceability but it is not sinking in. In short have I been sent the correct documentation in relation to my CCA request?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Barclaycard/Egg CCA request

Can you scan the agreement and email to Niddy as detailed here ---> User Guide - Sending your Agreement to Niddy - allaboutFORUMS

Also, what are your other debts? Are they likely to be unenforceable? We have lots of users who have been on a DMP and then realised that they actually weren't getting very far and have then gone down the UE route.

If you could, it would help us if you could set out the information for your debts like this:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Think this is the flip side of the Marlin assignment but using the same techniques.

Anything that was still being paid was kept in house. Bit steep if they have restarted interest.

And oh no AP's and red 6's. Thats supposed to be short term according to ICO guidance to allow you to get back to contractual repayments.

If not possible, a default should be being registered. Being on a DMP you would suspect getting back to the contractual repayments isnt happening sometime soon.

As my avatar says.

Comment

Thanks for your responses, I will sit down tonight to scan and post the required details. These are the only two accounts pre 2007.

I want to fight back against Barclays, their approach to debt management is unethical, they consider that the higher % that you pay to them via DMP then they view you as not being in difficulty and thus raise the % they charge you. I have had this confirmed in a telephone call. As a company they don't grasp the fact that just because you are making higher payments as a % then you are not better off as all surplus income is going towards the DMP.

I have already complained to Barclaycard Re the reporting of Ap's for two years which fly in the face of the ICO guidelines i.e AP temporary measure for 6mths and that someone who pays should not be placed in a worse position than someone who makes no attempt to pay.
        I have fired off a complaint to the ICO over the AP markers and await a response which I gather could be a lengthy wait.

All other creditors are playing ball which makes me more receptive to them.
        I am currently in a DMP with Payplan and I realise that I may need to go self managed if I want ot take them on. Lot's of people say the best way of going self managed is via NEDCAB system.

Incidentally when I initially complained about them reinstating interest to 6.9% with my Egg card they responded by dropping this to 3% as a matter of goodwill, interestingly despite paying the same % figure to size of debt of both. hence why I thought this strange and started looking at making a CCA request.

I am making sizeable payments and fear when I get my view I will hit the higher interest trigger point were they will raise interest to 12% thereby keeping me indebted to them for a longer period. They breally are a dispicable bunch.
        Last edited by bettingmad; 9 April 2013, 12:46.

Comment

Yes, NEDCAB's the way to go if you want to go self-managed IMO

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Type of account - Credit Card

Date commenced - 2002

Approx balance - 3900

Date last paid - Paying monthly as DMP
            Are you on arrangement or not paying - DMP

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) - AP

Account owner-Barclaycard

E-Mailed CCA to Niddy

Comment

Please email unedited version.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Please email unedited version.
                Sorry Niddy thought I would have to edit all sensitive personal detail.I saved them in the edited version. Will scan all again and send.

Comment

You're safe with us. We are DPA registered as well. Ask any of our 2000 users mate

I need the original as when its blanked out I don't know what was there do I? So it could be blank by design (ie a recon) but I presume you've blanked it out. That'd result in a possible UE account being EN.

Make sense?
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps yea if you post publicly you'd protect your personal data but when you mail me, only you and I are privvy to the content of those emails. We are also our own hosting company so own our own servers too. Point is, no bugger sees my emails

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      ps yea if you post publicly you'd protect your personal data but when you mail me, only you and I are privvy to the content of those emails. We are also our own hosting company so own our own servers too. Point is, no bugger sees my emails
                      E-Mailed

Comment

Would you be prepared to blag your other debts?

Comment

It is only the Egg accounts that are pre 2007, all the others kick in from 2008. The other ones MBNA now with Aktiv and RBS which is till with RBS have defaulted and have frozen interst.
                          I am waiting for my other CCA from Moorgate

Comment

It's possible to blag post 2007 accounts but you might prefer to go with the self-manged dmp.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              It's possible to blag post 2007 accounts but you might prefer to go with the self-manged dmp.
                              I am fairly comfortable with the other ones due to the fact that I see a sense of fair play in freezing interest, just wish RBS would sell on as I may have better grounds for a reduced F&F further down the road if I find myself in a position to have saved up a bit.
                              It is Barclays I really have a gripe with, seeing myself and others as cash cown when in financial distress. How they can hold the moral high ground when they have involved themselves in matters such as rigging rates to increase their profits.

Comment

Working...
                              X