GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script GE Money refusal. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE Money refusal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Money refusal.

Hi all,

I have been using another forum, but a friend has recommended here as I was struggling to get any help.

I am claiming PPI and unlawful charges from GE Money on behalf of my father. His loan was taken out in 2002 so pre-CCA.

I have done SAR so got all paperwork.

I sent a seperate letter for each PPI and Unlawful charges.

I have reached a hurdle -
    letter here
    GE Money say that the loan was sold through a broker Greenhill finance and our complaint is with them.
    They also say that their charges were reasonable.

We have never heard of GreenHill, nor is it on any paperwork. All the PPI documention has iGroup written on it.

Has anyone any advice please on where to go next?
    Many Thanks.
    N.

Re: GE Money refusal.

Hi! somebody will be along soon and maybe able to advise you on this matter.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

di30 is the person you need to speak too
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Important Notice for GE Money Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) Customers
        As a part of our Customer Promise to treat customers fairly, we want to make sure that your decision to purchase your PPI policy from us was the right one. If you think this was not the case and you would like us to investigate your concerns, please check your policy details and make sure you purchased your PPI directly from GE through the following brands*: GE Money, Purple Homeloans or First National / igroup.

It doesn’t matter if your PPI policy is live, cancelled or expired or if you have made a claim on the policy, successful or otherwise. If you would like us to review your file and make sure any concerns are addressed, please contact us directly with your GE Money account number on 0844 893 0925. We’re available Monday-Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.

Please note, all complaints are assessed in the same way, so you do not need to go through a Claims Management Company (CMC) who may charge an upfront fee or take a percentage of any compensation you may receive.

Please find here the FCA guidelines.

From here:

GE Money UK | Mortgages & Insurance | PPI Insurance Important Notice

So it seems igroup is part of First National and by reading this claims from this companies are investigated by GE Money.

I would get back at them using the number above as it seems despite there promise they have not treated you fairly.

Comment

Many thanks for your replies.
          I prefer to send snail mail than to phone.

How about this as a letter.
          Thanks,
          N.

Dear GE Money Home Lending,

Thank you for your correspondence dated 05/06/13.
          May I refer you to http://www.gemoney.co.uk/en/insuranc...t_Notice.html;
          As a part of our Customer Promise to treat customers fairly, we want to make sure that your decision to purchase your PPI policy from us was the right one. If you think this was not the case and you would like us to investigate your concerns, please check your policy details and make sure you purchased your PPI directly from GE through the following brands*: GE Money, Purple Homeloans or First National / igroup.*

It doesn’t matter if your PPI policy is live, cancelled or expired or if you have made a claim on the policy, successful or otherwise. If you would like us to review your file and make sure any concerns are addressed, please contact us directly with your GE Money account number on*0844 893 0925. We’re available Monday-Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.*

Please note, all complaints are assessed in the same way, so you do not need to go through a Claims Management Company (CMC) who may charge an upfront fee or take a percentage of any compensation you may receive.*

Please find*here*the FCA guidelines.
          The PPI was sold directly to me by iGroup Loans which you will see by looking at my original credit agreement. Based on this, according to your own “Customer Promise” you should investigate my concerns.
          I believe my complaint hasn't been treated fairly and I ask to you to provide proof that the PPI was sold by Greenhill Finance.
          Yours faithfully.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

I had a Complaint via GE Cap Bank, I assume are the same as the company your dealing with.
            Santander deal with these complaints, but what I would do is contact Greenhill and ask for any details they may even still hold on your dad.

Is the account still active?
            If not how long ago was the account settled? If within the last 6 years, the chances are they may still hold some details, if they do come back as the broker of the finance, then pursue them, if this fails, let us know and we can move on to another step from here.

Whoever sells/sets up the PPI are the ones to pursue, but as your not aware of this, it can be confusing.
            The broker usually completes the lenders application and forward details on to them once completed.

If its a matter of the buisiness not being regulated, FSA/GISC etc there are other avenues we can try approaching, such as the Underwriter/insurer etc, the FOS usually suggests this direction if all else fails with the broker, and because of them not being a regulated business, where it's highly likely the insurer/underwriter was.

Myself and others have been successful via complaining again the underwriter etc, but we first have to rule out the broker first.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Wow, thanks for your post and confidence di30.

The loan was set up in November 2002,
              The loan was for £10,000 and PPI was £1600.
              Therefore the total loan amount was £11,600.

The loan was paid off in March 2013, though the term was up it had approx £5000 of charges/additional interest which needed clearing.
              The loan was secured on my father's property (it was effectively a mortgage), so telling GE Money to do one wasn't an option all the time they had a charge on his flat.

My father become unemployed, I took out a personal loan to pay off outstanding fees etc in the hope that I could recoup PPI and unlawful fees to pay my loan off.

Is it best to SAR Greenhill finance?

Many Thanks,
              N

Comment

Originally posted by Nooty View Post
                Wow, thanks for your post and confidence di30.

The loan was set up in November 2002,
                The loan was for £10,000 and PPI was £1600.
                Therefore the total loan amount was £11,600.

The loan was paid off in March 2013, though the term was up it had approx £5000 of charges/additional interest which needed clearing.
                The loan was secured on my father's property (it was effectively a mortgage), so telling GE Money to do one wasn't an option all the time they had a charge on his flat.

My father become unemployed, I took out a personal loan to pay off outstanding fees etc in the hope that I could recoup PPI and unlawful fees to pay my loan off.

Is it best to SAR Greenhill finance?

Many Thanks,
                N

Hi there
                Thanks for the information
                Oh yes definately SAR Greenhill, they should still hold the info on the account with the fact it was settled this year.

One of us will post the link to the SAR to you shortly (my puter is playing very slow today and taking time to load) lol.

Comment

SAR ---> Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request - allaboutDEBT UK
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers for that Niddy, I was just about to try after kicking my computer into touch! damn thing! lol

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Cheers for that Niddy, I was just about to try after kicking my computer into touch! damn thing! lol
                      Its right at the top of the forum, under templates, last column (far right side) - see image below

Click image for larger version

Name:	sar.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1394626
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have printed off SAR and will post this morning by Recorded delivery.
                        I will return here when I receive a reply.

Thanks.
                        N.

Comment

GE are particularly difficult but persevere with di's help and you will win. My account closed years ago and I got some money out of them!

Comment

Good Morning,

Greenhill have replied already - they don't hang about.

See letter that I've uploaded to Google Drive.

They did infact broker the loan, but aren't very forthcoming in helping.

So who does liability fall with, Greenhill or GE?

Many thanks,
                            N.
                            Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 29 June 2013, 10:42. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Hi Nooty,
                              Sorry hun I've had to remove the link - it wasn't working anyway.
                              We prefer you to upload the image into your post - go to advanced edit/reply, scroll down and click manage attachments, then browse for the file on your computer, select and click upload

Elsa x

Comment

Working...
                              X