GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script GE Money refusal. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE Money refusal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GE Money refusal.

Hi Elsa,
    Oops.

Thanks for tidying up my post, sorry it didn't work.
    I'm unable to post attachments:
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts
    Probably because my post count is too low?

Thanks,
    N.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooty View Post
      Good Morning,

Greenhill have replied already - they don't hang about.

See letter that I've uploaded to Google Drive.

They did infact broker the loan, but aren't very forthcoming in helping.

So who does liability fall with, Greenhill or GE?

Many thanks,
      N.

Hi Nooty

If they confirmed they did broker the loan, we need to make sure that they did also apply the PPI at the same time, or was it applied later on by the lender (sometimes this happens as well), but my feeling it would have been Greenhill, but we need to make sure.

Is it a long letter you received, and as Elsa says if you can try to upload it again on the details explained that would be fab, if you have any trouble let us know, thanks.

Otherwise, maybe you could just explain what feedback they given you if letter not too long perhaps.

Cheers, we will help all we can don't worry x

Right, read the letter and it says I Group (Sorry not Greenhill as first assumed and said above, since reading the letter it does confirm I group).
      Last edited by di30; 29 June 2013, 11:35.

Comment

There you go...
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Elsa

Comment

Thanks Nooty and Elsa of course.

Right ok, so it was I Group the broker, and it was arranged by them too on the sale.

May I ask if your dad had any medical conditions at the time it was sold to him please?

Comment

Hi Di,
              No he didn't have any medical conditions.

Comment

Infact he may have had depression, I'm unsure if he was receiving medical treatment at the time he took the loan out.
                I can find out for sure.

Comment

Infact he may have had depression, I'm unsure if he was receiving medical treatment at the time he took the loan out.
                  I can find out for sure.
                  I asked because if there was a med condition at the time it was sold to him, then when it was sold to him, the sale's adviser obviously did not make sure of this before it was sold to your father.
                  And if there was depression at the time, treated or not but recorded with the GP, and if a claim was to be made for this reason, they would not have paid out I don't think, so try checking it out if you can x

Comment

I have spoken to my father.
                    He was being treated for depression for the period of 2000 - 2004. He was prescribed various medication and received therapy for it.

I have a booklet from iGroup loans about the PPE from when he took out the loan.

How to use this booklet
                    1. The person arranging your loan will have recommended one of our protection plans. Make sure you are fully aware of the benefits by reading the summaries on pages 4 - 13 before you finally decide which product to buy.
                    So he was recommended a plan.

Exclusions - For 5*, 4*, 3* and 2* protection plans
                    The plan does not insure You against:
                    (a) the recurrence of any Disability, illness, symptom or related condition for which medical advice was sought in the 12 month period immediately before the date on which You took out the plan or Hospitalisation occurring within 30 days of the date on which You took out the plan.
                    He more than likely wasn't covered.

Comment

I have spoken to my father.
                      He was being treated for depression for the period of 2000 - 2004. He was prescribed various medication and received therapy for it.

I have a booklet from iGroup loans about the PPE from when he took out the loan.

So he was recommended a plan.

He more than likely wasn't covered.
                      Thank you for posting this.
                      I would therefore pursue Igroup on this and also make them aware that Greenhill finance made you aware that IGroup set up the policy and were responsible.

I would also put in all that applies to your father, about the med condition and about the policy was not discussed although it was strongly suggested that he should take it out and now realise that you should not have been sold a policy that was not fully suited to your full requirements, and for the fact it was not even explained, because if it had, then you would have had the opportunity to have made it clear about the medical condition etc.....

Now if they come back and say due to non-regulation of the business, what I would do to cover yourself on first basis of the first letter of complaint - is ask them to forward you the details of the actual insurer of the policy as you are entitled to have these.

I am suggesting this because of the business Igroup were not regulated by FSA at the time it was sold to your father, they will probably try rejecting on those grounds.

Many of us have therefore taken the insurer (underwriter) avenue later on if all else fails with the broker, and this is also suggested by the FOS if this happens, as its highly likely as being an insurer they would have been regulated for the insurance in that respect.

We can move on from there then once you receive a final decision from Igroup with a letter to the insurer (underwriter)

Comment

Hi all,
                        I sent a letter recorded on the 5th July which was received on the 8th July asking for the insurer of the policy.
                        I am yet to hear anything. Is there a reasonable amount of time in which I should expect a reply? Shall I send another letter?
                        Thanks.
                        N

Comment

4 weeks is usual, though companies have up to 8 weeks to respond before you can go to FOS.

I would give them a little longer, its only just gone three weeks.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

You could always email the business if they have an email contact to ask if they are dealing with your matter, but yes otherwise after 4 weeks of not hearing anything at all, as Oscar says move on to the FOS.

Please keep us posted, cheers, all crossed here.

Comment

Good Morning All.

It seems I was being impatient

GE Money have responded, I have scanned the letter they sent.
                              GE Money Response to insurer.pdf

Are one of those insurers our next line of attack?

Many thanks
                              N.

Comment

Yes, start with company that sold the PPI and when they refuse go to the underwriters.
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X