GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blackhorse PPI (Number 2) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackhorse PPI (Number 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhorse PPI (Number 2)

Hi,
    This is a different account to the one posted here:

Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-) - allaboutFORUMS

I have started this thread and provided a link to my other Blackhorse one because I have received a letter today from Blackhorse regarding a PPI claim on a loan I had with them starting in 1993 when I was self employed, the reason for a reclaim was simple, as a self employed person the PPI was useless to me if I tried to claim.
    The letter received today from them virtually mirrors the one in the other thread, same pages and lists virtually the same reasons.
    Blackhorse cashed my cheque on this one following a SAR and could not find a single thing, I had to send in a copy of the CCA to them and a copy of a letter from them sent to me at the time saying please find enclosed your cheque and welcome to the family.
    The letter today seems to show that they have investigated my claim using evidence on file and have concluded that I was not mis-sold PPI, even their advisor acted correctly - again, just like in the other letter, this time they say my loan was set up on the phone when it was in fact set up via a broker in my home and the old UDT Finance company. I could go on but it now seems clear that Blackhorse are sending out the same letters en mass in the hope people will just back off after receiving these letters, this one is not even an original letter, it is a photocopy.
    I shall of course be continuing this saga with Blackhorse as once again I have caught them out red handed.

Updates to come.

Thanks

Re: Blackhorse PPI (Number 2)

Thank you for posting this up Vos

I am very interested to know what they have to say - when you write in regards of these 2, and I believe in my opinion that you are correct, and they are just taking the same old rejection letter from the pile to send to every customer, well most of them it seems.

Will keep a check on the threads, I am annoyed with the fact that they say "going by details they hold".

But what details is that then, they failed to also provide to you by SAR!

We will do our best to get you through these Vossy.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Thank you for posting this up Vos

I am very interested to know what they have to say - when you write in regards of these 2, and I believe in my opinion that you are correct, and they are just taking the same old rejection letter from the pile to send to every customer, well most of them it seems.

Will keep a check on the threads, I am annoyed with the fact that they say "going by details they hold".

But what details is that then, they failed to also provide to you by SAR!

We will do our best to get you through these Vossy.
      Thanks Di, that is the reason I am here, a lot of people must simply look at these letters and think - oh well it was worth a try!
      They may have been told to repay all this money but by god they are determined not to.

thanks Di

Comment

I have an update on this one.
        Blackhorse did not cash my cheque for the SAR (sorry I was getting mixed up with another one I have with LTSB), if fact they returned the cheque and the original SAR.
        Now this gets me wondering whether returning the SAR and cheque is a tactic being deployed for older claims (this one is 1993).
        How can they then quote to you in a letter saying that they have "considered the evidence and documentation available to them" when they have returned a SAR with no documents on file?
        Blackhorse are up to dark tricks here methinks.

Do SAR's mean anything in law and are they just being ignored wholesale, do these companies not have a legal duty to oblige by a SAR?

Another nice letter and another SAR on its way to Blackhorse today, do you reckon this is the correct way forward?
        Last edited by vossy; 26 June 2012, 10:35. Reason: typo - my eyes are not working yet

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
          I have an update on this one.
          Blackhorse did not cash my cheque for the SAR (sorry I was getting mixed up with another one I have with LTSB), if fact they returned the cheque and the original SAR.
          Now this gets me wondering whether returning the SAR and cheque is a tactic being deployed for older claims (this one is 1993).
          How can they then quote to you in a letter saying that they have "considered the evidence and documentation available to them" when they have returned a SAR with no documents on file?
          Blackhorse are up to dark tricks here methinks.

Do SAR's mean anything in law and are they just being ignored wholesale, do these companies not have a legal duty to oblige by a SAR?

Another nice letter and another SAR on its way to Blackhorse today, do you reckon this is the correct way forward?

Hi Vos, hey no worries, it's easily done lol.

Certainly worth writing and mentioning these issues to them for sure I think.
          See what they do have to say, give them a timescale though, of day 14 or 21 days maximum.

Comment

Hi Vos, hey no worries, it's easily done lol.

Certainly worth writing and mentioning these issues to them for sure I think.
            See what they do have to say, give them a timescale though, of day 14 or 21 days maximum.
            If I send them another SAR along with my letter asking for evidence Di are they then not within their rights to take the 40 days once again to supply this info?

thanks

Comment

Hi there, this will have been a Single Premium PPI and this is the reason for mis sell that you use, this was a loan on the loan paid to term end with interest, if you cancelled the PPI they would have given you a pro rata rebate of the PPI and the remaining PPI is still on the loan to term end.

If you settled this loan early then, as above, you would have a pro rata rebate and you would have paid back the remaining PPI in with the settlement figure.
              Write back to them and reject the reasons they gave for not upholding and that you were mis sold this PPI due to it being SP and the full cost exclusions and unfair rebate were not explained to you at the point of sale, ask them to reconsider or you will take this to FOS.
              This is the most upheld of all PPI reclaims, go get em.

Comment

I complained because I was self employed at the time.
                They returned the SAR and cheque - no info.
                They have no info for me, I had to send them copies of documents I held.
                They say this loan was taken out over the phone - it was one of their agents in my home.
                They say they have reviewed all evidence and that of the sales advisor - how when where and what documents?
                Last edited by vossy; 26 June 2012, 10:55.

Comment

Amersall amersall amersall

Great to seeeeeeeeeee you, YES!!! please stay, could do with you pretty please , XXX

Comment

Great to seeeeeeeeeee you, YES!!! please stay, could do with you pretty please , XXX

Comment

wot u like? you would think I was a long lost relative
                      Nice to be here
                      I have come on here as I redirected a poster from MSE, they have not posted yet though
                      So this is where you have been hiding Madam?

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                        lol amersall is fab, and bless her too, I've left her to it over the road , she is remarkable and certainly know's her PPI stuff, great to see her, YES!

Comment

Originally posted by amersall View Post
                          wot u like? you would think I was a long lost relative
                          Nice to be here
                          I have come on here as I redirected a poster from MSE, they have not posted yet though
                          So this is where you have been hiding Madam?
                          oh poor sweet amersall sorry lol!

Peekaboo .
                          I don't know where I am half of the time .

Shall have to look out for the new poster then, Is it PPI related? Xx

Comment

Oops sorry to get carried away Vossy, so happy to see our amersall here, am excited now.

Amersall, so do you think Vossy has a good case here "in your opinion" please?
                            Thank you.

Comment

lol amersall is fab, and bless her too, I've left her to it over the road , she is remarkable and certainly know's her PPI stuff, great to see her, YES!
                              This is all excellent news Di, however it still stands that I have to give Blackhorse another 40 days once I send in another SAR doesn't it, I cannot deviate from the document even if they ignore it, I know my next step will be the FOS but I still have to abide by the timescale set. Blackhorse are also hiding behind the fact they are not covered by FOS as it was pre 2001.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X