GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blackhorse PPI (Number 2) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackhorse PPI (Number 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blackhorse PPI (Number 2)

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    This is all excellent news Di, however it still stands that I have to give Blackhorse another 40 days once I send in another SAR doesn't it, I cannot deviate from the document even if they ignore it, I know my next step will be the FOS but I still have to abide by the timescale set. Blackhorse are also hiding behind the fact they are not covered by FOS as it was pre 2001.

thanks

Oh yes of course Vossy, SAR wise it would certainly be that of 40 days (my slip up on that one sorry), I had my wires crossed.

How long was it they taken from the time you SAR'd the last time - did they take Vossy?

Cheers.

Comment

They received the SAR 23 March and returned it dated 2 April Di with a letter saying that they held no information, I then sent them a copy of the CCA and a letter of proof that the cheque had arrived.

Comment

What BH are saying amersall is that they are rejecting the complaint going by the information they hold on their systems of when they sold the policy, and yet they have returned the SAR cheque stating they unable to locate any information of the policy.

I am also wondering if this would be worth a phone call to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) before Vossy forwards a further data request?

What are your thoughts on this one hon please? thanks.

Comment

Just realised this is out of FOS jurisdiction, have you tried the insurer route?, the Sar will be of no use as this loan is pre 2001, the insurer is the way to go with this, put the complaint into them and if they say no, then the FOS can help.
          The year makes it near on impossible to still hold data from them, the letter from BH looks like a standard letter to me.

Comment

They received the SAR 23 March and returned it dated 2 April Di with a letter saying that they held no information, I then sent them a copy of the CCA and a letter of proof that the cheque had arrived.
            Wanted to double check to save scrolling back etc...

That didn't take them long, in my opinion it seems they did not bother going through the data systems in that short time, considering they do have 40 days.

Was thinking if it maybe worth a call to the ICO, as mentioned on my above post.

As BH failed to provide you with any data, yet they state they rejected the complaint going by the data held, maybe a phone call to the ICO would be helpful - before actually going ahead with forwarding another request, although they may suggest that you do this again anyway.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact.aspx

Or, you could actually mention on SAR (if you want to just go ahead now and request SAR data) that you will be contacting the Information Commissioners Office in regards of the failure of them (BH) not providing you with the information they obviously made clear on a reclaim/complaint letter they held in order for them to reject it.
            (Think you got my drift).

Comment

Originally posted by amersall View Post
              Just realised this is out of FOS jurisdiction, have you tried the insurer route?, the Sar will be of no use as this loan is pre 2001, the insurer is the way to go with this, put the complaint into them and if they say no, then the FOS can help.
              The year makes it near on impossible to still hold data from them, the letter from BH looks like a standard letter to me.
              Cheers amersall.
              I do wonder where they did get the info from though to reject the complaint (as they said on the letter, they went by the details they hold).

If BH do not out of goodwill uphold the complaint (even though they were not regulated), they should on request provide you (Vossy) a copy of the policy details that you are entitled to ask for at any time free of charge, the details of the insurer will be enclosed on them.

Comment

One of mine were not regulated (different company), because of the misleading info I received from them, I made a complaint about this to them and because of that they did decide to uphold as a goodwill gesture.
                Just don't know really how lenient BH would be though.

I think trying different avenues if this does not work will be another way to go if we have to, insurer etc.

Comment

Vos,

This is useful as well via Data protection/ICO.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisati...rotection.aspx

Comment

You are right Di, try everything possible, Vossy may have the luck that you had with yours.

Comment

Thank you amersall.

I personally think BH are trying to pull a fast one. (In regards of the data) or they sent Vossy a standard letter from a pile of the same rejection letters etc...

And even though I know with it being a 2001 account, it maybe difficult to retrieve all the info, saying that Lloyds did send me data going back into the 90's. But I suppose not all of them are the same.

I would be writing back to ask them to provide copies of the evidence they did use (concrete) to help them come to the decision, as they appear to have it all wrong up to now.

Comment

Thanks, I have the insurer details, in fact I still have the policy document and the insurers (Consolidated Marine and General), according to a company check these are now dissolved though, have I lucked out or is there another course open to me?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks, I have the insurer details, in fact I still have the policy document and the insurers (Consolidated Marine and General), according to a company check these are now dissolved though, have I lucked out or is there another course open to me?

Thanks
                          I wouldn't rule anything out yet Vossy, even if Marine & General are no longer active, there should have been an insurer who taken their place and liabilities, because for example if someone wanted to make a claim for sickness/unemployment who still have running accounts, they would have to have an insurer to call upon to make a claim.
                          Does that makes sense?

So what you could do if you want to, is write to BH and ask them to send you details of the insurer who taken over from the above stated company.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            I wouldn't rule anything out yet Vossy, even if Marine & General are no longer active, there should have been an insurer who taken their place and liabilities, because for example if someone wanted to make a claim for sickness/unemployment who still have running accounts, they would have to have an insurer to call upon to make a claim.
                            Does that makes sense?

So what you could do if you want to, is write to BH and ask them to send you details of the insurer who taken over from the above stated company.
                            That's the thing Di, BH have not even mentioned any insurer, if they had it on record they would have told me to bugger off and pester the insurer surely?
                            Their letter rejects my complaint because they say I was fully aware of the policy entitlements even though I was self employed and that their advisor acted fairly throughout according to the evidence they hold. Oh and it was sold over the phone - actually it was someone who came to my home that arranged it UDT - now BH.

Comment

That's the thing Di, BH have not even mentioned any insurer, if they had it on record they would have told me to bugger off and pester the insurer surely?
                              Their letter rejects my complaint because they say I was fully aware of the policy entitlements even though I was self employed and that their advisor acted fairly throughout according to the evidence they hold. Oh and it was sold over the phone - actually it was someone who came to my home that arranged it UDT - now BH.
                              They seem to be coming out with any reason to reject the complaint.

Usually they will not mention the insurer, but the FOS will as another avenue.

Please could you remind me of when this one closed Vos?

I will try to find details of the insurer or ask around here and there for you.

BH must on request enclose details of the insurer, but on the other-hand if it comes to it, you can always ask the FOS on your behalf, I doubt they would ignore them.

Comment

Hi Di,
                                This loan ended in '97, I think GE insurance is the one Di.
                                I did find this: Search Results

There is a link on their website for PPI stuff, I think I will contact them and find out for sure that they now handle PPI stuff for CMG.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X