GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blackhorse PPI (Number 2) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackhorse PPI (Number 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blackhorse PPI (Number 2)

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    Hi Di,
    This loan ended in '97, I think GE insurance is the one Di.
    I did find this: Search Results

There is a link on their website for PPI stuff, I think I will contact them and find out for sure that they now handle PPI stuff for CMG.

Thanks
    Oh good one Vos.

Yes, good idea that, always best to be ahead of yourself.

Good luck and post up what they say when they do come back to you.

Thank you hon.

Comment

Thank again Di, I will of course keep my posts updated

Comment

Just so determined to get to the bottom of it lol.

I know it can be a right pain, and you running around here and there for them, but let's hope due to this it will all pay off.

It better had lol.

Comment

Okay to update:

I have written to Blackhorse asking them to reconsider my complaint and laying out the reasons why I think their rejection was wrong, I have also asked for copies of the documents they must now hold on file (they say so anyway) and given them 14 days to comply before I make an official complaint to the ICO.

To cover all bases, as the Insurance Company who dealt with the cover have now gone tits up I have filled in an initial application to the FSCS (Financial Services Compensation Scheme) http://www.fscs.org.uk/

I am now sitting back and waiting - again!

Comment

Okay to update:

I have written to Blackhorse asking them to reconsider my complaint and laying out the reasons why I think their rejection was wrong, I have also asked for copies of the documents they must now hold on file (they say so anyway) and given them 14 days to comply before I make an official complaint to the ICO.

To cover all bases, as the Insurance Company who dealt with the cover have now gone tits up I have filled in an initial application to the FSCS (Financial Services Compensation Scheme) http://www.fscs.org.uk/

I am now sitting back and waiting - again!
            Thanks for the update Vossy

I have had a claim successful via FSCS, and they are actually a lot quicker than the FOS.

I can let you know the procedures of the FSCS if and when it comes to it, if you want me to, not at all a problem. x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Thanks for the update Vossy

I have had a claim successful via FSCS, and they are actually a lot quicker than the FOS.

I can let you know the procedures of the FSCS if and when it comes to it, if you want me to, not at all a problem. x
              Thanks Di, I may well take you up on that offer. I have not told BH that I have approached the FSCS though, they seem confident that they have all this evidence on file

Comment

Okay Vos not a problem.

What I will say right now is if the business that have gone bust are already in default with the FSCS, then it should not actually take that long.

There is another business called Deloittes that work alongside the FSCS.
                The FSCS usually pass on the details to Deloittes, and if they require any further info, they will contact you - usually in writing.

Once Deloittes have gone through the claim, they pass the case back on to the FSCS who check it over, and if they agree and nothing missed by Deloittes, a cheque is then made directly to you.

Comment

Thanks Di, I did a check from the FSCS website on the company that were the insurers but it came back with nothing on them, will just keep fingers crossed and see, thanks for the help so far as well.

Comment

Right I have an update on this one at last.

Recap:

Old UDT Loan (now Black Horse). I was self employed and this would not have paid out.

SAR - nothing back at all.

I supplied copy of original CA and a letter confirming cheque to me to Black Horse.

Black Horse reject saying it was all above board and sold within their guidleines, I ask for them to re-consider and they have now written back asking for a valid agreement number.

I tried to contact the underwriter "Consolidated Marine & General" who it seems stopped trading years ago, could not trace the current owners even through the ABI. Companies house shows that this company was not liquidated or dissolved but all returns are submitted to the FSA.

Contacted the FSA to ask who and how to complain about Consolidated Marine and have a reply back today saying that they will accept the complaint directly to them, just fill in the forms - so form filling is what I am doing - again!!

Phew!

Comment

Right I have an update on this one at last.

Recap:

Old UDT Loan (now Black Horse). I was self employed and this would not have paid out.

SAR - nothing back at all.

I supplied copy of original CA and a letter confirming cheque to me to Black Horse.

Black Horse reject saying it was all above board and sold within their guidleines, I ask for them to re-consider and they have now written back asking for a valid agreement number.

I tried to contact the underwriter "Consolidated Marine & General" who it seems stopped trading years ago, could not trace the current owners even through the ABI. Companies house shows that this company was not liquidated or dissolved but all returns are submitted to the FSA.

Contacted the FSA to ask who and how to complain about Consolidated Marine and have a reply back today saying that they will accept the complaint directly to them, just fill in the forms - so form filling is what I am doing - again!!

Phew!

A phew from me too!!

Well i'm glad to hear that they will accept the complaint, so that is GOOD news at last.

So, here's hoping for a positive outcome now then!

All crossed here vos x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        A phew from me too!!

Well i'm glad to hear that they will accept the complaint, so that is GOOD news at last.

So, here's hoping for a positive outcome now then!

All crossed here vos x
                        Hi Di, Yeah at last so fingers crossed, will just have to wait and see.

Comment

Update on this one, FOS wrote back saying there was nothing they can do - again, please can you prove a link between Blackhorse/UDT and the underwriter, I phone them and told them that they asked me to supply all info to them showing the link on the policy document, seems FOS have lost the paperwork, good job I only send copies. Start again, all paperwork sent to FOS again, this time via email and recorded, paperwork confirmed as received, expect a decision within a year ..

Comment

Working...
                          X