GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlewoods

Hi everyone, I had a Littlewoods card/loan which had PPI on it. It was paid off in 2003, can I still reclaim the PPI or is it too late? As it was so long ago would would be the best way forward?
    Thank you
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Little woods

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    Hi everyone, I had a Littlewoods card/loan which had PPI on it. It was paid off in 2003, can I still reclaim the PPI or is it too late? As it was so long ago would would be the best way forward?
    Thank you

I would give it a shot, not sure if they were regulated at that time (being as it is catalogue insurance) but no harm in trying.

I would write to them and tell them looking through old statements you now realise that you were sold a protection, give your reasons of why you want to make a reclaim, for example, they may have automatically added it, yet you didn't ask for it etc.......

I understand Catalogue's did used to do this automatically years ago.

In this case, write to the Catalogues, head office, or if they have a complaints dept, make it clear that its a reclaim and not a claim, in case they try to fob you off on to the insurer, but if they do come back and state they were not regulated, then the insurer may be the avenue to take afterwards. (As they were possibly regulated, and it's an avenue suggested by the FOS normally).

x

Comment

thanks It was a credit card from the shop when it was competition for Argos.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Arh right, then in this case, whoever's details are on the monthly statements, I assume you would write to the address on them.

Comment

Sorry I haven't updated. Letters sent. Reply only for 1 of 2 Littlewoods accounts. They ave sent a PPI questionnaire which has been returned. I have also found my generic PPI documents which I have posted on Di's thread and which I am adding here, when I find them again!

Comment

Still not got any further with mine lol.

Did you use the Littlewoods address?

Thanks x

Comment

Extra Care 500 I used 100 Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L70 1AB
              Littlewoods Flexible Account I used Barclays PPI Dept, Leicester LE87 2BB. This may be missing a bit!!

Comment

Extra Care 500 I used 100 Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L70 1AB
                Littlewoods Flexible Account I used Barclays PPI Dept, Leicester LE87 2BB. This may be missing a bit!!

Brilliant, thank you.

Will have to try the SAR avenue first, although I have some statements, I cannot recall on receiving anything else from them in regards of the Extra Care, agreement etc.........

Comment

As promised, the policy details that I have found.

Index extra care p1, 4.pdf

Index extracare p2,3.pdf

Index summary cover p1, 2.pdf

Index summary cover p3.pdf

Index summary cover p4,5.pdf

Index summary cover p6, 7.pdf

Index summary cover p8.pdf

Comment

I have prepared a SAR, but stumped on who to make the payment to (Cheque)? Are littlewoods still active I wonder?

Comment

No probs, just found it on Littlewords DPA section.

Cheque's payable to: Shop Direct Group

Address (SAR):

The Data Protection Unit
                      Customer Excellence
                      Sandringham House
                      Sandringham Avenue
                      Chelmsford,
                      CM92 1LQ

Comment

Thank you
                        On a settled debt usually they say only 6 years (same as our limitation act, ie SB) but no harm in trying as a lot are paying out long after 10 years - best of luck
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          On a settled debt usually they say only 6 years (same as our limitation act, ie SB) but no harm in trying as a lot are paying out long after 10 years - best of luck
                          That's why I'm giving it a go as well Niddy, try our luck.

Comment

Hi hon

Do you mind telling me how long it was before you received a response from Littlewoods, after you sent your letter/reclaim please?

Cheers so muchly x

Comment

Hi Di, about 4 weeks. I'm going to have to resend the one for PPI for other Littlewoods account as still haven't had a reply!

Comment

Working...
                              X