GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Littlewoods

Hurray I have won! I will post up more information about the battle later
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      Hurray I have won! I will post up more information about the battle later
      Brilliant
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Congratulations hun, all your hard work has paid off!!

Comment

Yea!!! Well done Cym.....do tell!

Comment

Power back on. Hurray!

I made my PPI complaint in June for a Littlewoods store card that was taken out in 1998 and closed in 2003. After much delay they phoned to go through the details. I answered all the questions pointing out that I was a housewife in 1998 and started work in 2000 for 13 hours a week, both of which would have precluded payment. I also stated that my husband was in work and would have covered any payments. Finally, I had accidental contents damage insurance.

They rejected my claim because the policy would have transferred to my husband and he was in work.

At this point I sent an email to CEO and customer complaints. There was much messaging and a few phone calls all with di's support.

They have delayed and delayed. I pointed out that I had not been told that the policy would transfer to my husband as he would not have needed it due to the nature of his employment. Further investigation took place, the decision was referred to the bosses and I couldn't be told anything!!!

Yesterday I was told a letter was in the post, today it arrived and stated that 'the policy may not have been beneficial ...various other forms of cover.' Therefore complaint upheld , all premiums refunded and associated interest!

Thank you Di for all your support and suggestions, just 2 fights left.
            Last edited by cymruambyth; 9 November 2012, 19:12.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It was all down to your own efforts here hun

So chuffed for you.

Well done, and thank you too, we helped each other really xxx

Comment

If you need any help with the other 2 let me know Cym x

Comment

Just one final point.......the maths!

"Interest equals 26.4% of premiums refunded and covers interest on the amounts where your account would have been in credit but for the premiums charged".

This means that the interest on a sum somewhere between £100 & £200 is less than £40 from 2003.

They conclude you can complain etc, but 'as your policy was sold before 22 December 2003 ....the FOS may not be able to adjudicate........not a member of the Dispute Resolution Service until his date.'

Any comments gratefully received, as usual

Oh and I forgot to add that this account was settled in either 2004 or 2007. By my calculations they are taking the mickey!
                  Last edited by cymruambyth; 14 November 2012, 00:16.

Comment

Hmm with it being calculations in relation of a cat account, maybe Turbo may know, will give him a nudge for you hun x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Hmm with it being calculations in relation of a cat account, maybe Turbo may know, will give him a nudge for you hun x
                      To save me reading the whole thread--can you direct me to the posts where sums etc are mentioned

You should get 2 types of interest
                      -interest using the apr
                      -8 % interest on some of the months where (I think) the account would have been in credit

I may have lost my way--but I'll look up the new FSA rules for redress for credit cards after dinner--but --wow---its far more complex than it used to be

Is the accout like a credit card btw

I got SS to help--but I would need your Payments/Purchases/Interest charged/balances for each month--out of the question I suspect

But please copy/paste the paragraph in your letter detailing the actual refund

Turbs
                      Last edited by Turboman; 14 November 2012, 18:43.
                      My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Hi, thanks for having a look. I don't have all the dates all I know is that the total premiums are £142.84, I'm being paid £37.71 interest. The account was sent to recovery in July 2003 and was cleared possibly 2004.

This is for PPI.

Comment

Hi, thanks for having a look. I don't have all the dates all I know is that the total premiums are £142.84, I'm being paid £37.71 interest. The account was sent to recovery in July 2003 and was cleared possibly 2004.

This is for PPI.
                          Right---so the PPI Premiums paid and refunded was £142.84 for the period (?) of 2003 to (?) of 2004????????

Covers approx 18 months maybe ?????

Please copy me the exact wording in your letter re the explanation of your redress
                          My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Account was opened in 1998. PPI was applied, but it was variable dependent on purchases and I'm not sure how what why and when, just the total amount.
                            All I'm sure of is the information my last post.

I'm going to be refunded the amounts showing, still waiting fr the cheque. The letter states:
                            Interest equals 26.4% of premiums refunded and covers interest on the amounts where your account would have been in credit but for the premiums charged.

Thank you

Comment

Ok--I'll look at this later (tomorrow) with a spreadsheet and make a few assumptions from 1998-2003

As you can see--I am non-stop in this section for a while tonight

PPI Calculations - allaboutFORUMS

Account was opened in 1998. PPI was applied, but it was variable dependent on purchases and I'm not sure how what why and when, just the total amount.
                              All I'm sure of is the information my last post.

I'm going to be refunded the amounts showing, still waiting fr the cheque. The letter states:
                              Interest equals 26.4% of premiums refunded and covers interest on the amounts where your account would have been in credit but for the premiums charged.

Thank you

Comment

Thank you Turbo, our calculation star. x

Comment

Working...
                                X