GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work Offer - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Offer

Ive got a job and had to fill in a form titled character enquiry and it says are you insolvent? would I be classed as insolvent? also would they be able to credit check me without my permission?

I know I have to have a check with disclosure scotland would that flag anything up? because as im aware thats just criminal convictions

Re: WOrk Offer

Hi insolvent would be BankRupt. Some jobs for example car sales man etc don't allow those who are made BR to deal with finance's for others.

I am not sure if your situation as I've not read your threads...

DS is purely a criminal check I've had to have them when I was a chef.
    Last edited by jen_br; 1 October 2012, 10:22.

Comment

So I would have to be declared bankrupt to be insolvent?
      If they were to run a credit check would I be shown as insolvent or just purely a credit rating?

I have CC debt of 656 and 1,200 and a phone bill of 250

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
        So I would have to be declared bankrupt to be insolvent?
        If they were to run a credit check would I be shown as insolvent or just purely a credit rating?

I have CC debt of 656 and 1,200 and a phone bill of 250
        You are not insolvent, no. You are in debt, no problem - depends on the job of course but a disclosure is purely criminal record check - NOT credit checks.

A bad credit score/check cannot be a bar in any offer of employment unless it is a regulated position (government/bank/IFA/accountant etc)
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

see this as an example* ---> Standard Disclosure CRB Checks

Scotland = Informing recruitment decisions through the timely provision of accurate criminal history information and protecting vulnerable groups by preventing unsuitable people from working with them - Disclosure Scotland

* we don't suggest you utilise that site, it is purely an example of what the process involves
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Work Offer

Yeah the job I have got is with the DVLA so would that be classed as government? Im just a bit panicky because ive handed in my resignation in my old job and dont want to not get this job and end up out of work?

Comment

Yeah the job I have got is with the DVLA so would that be classed as government? Im just a bit panicky because ive handed in my resignation in my old job and dont want to not get this job and end up out of work?
              You'll be fine, DVLA does not require cash handling so your overall credit position will not be too much of an issue. If they do happen to mention it, just say that the lenders ramped up the interest to a point of nonsense so you're arguing the facts with the financial ombudsman.... that usually works.

I am ex civil service (internal fraud) - don't worry you'll be fine. They are more concerned with the CRB check. However if they do ask directly, are you in debt, then be honest and any false entries within your application will result in dismissal - I had to sack plenty, horrible position to be in but the secret is be honest!

Yes internal fraud usually do check all applications, some could come back and bite you 3 years after employment. Every member of staff will have their credentials checked out.

So be honest, you'll be fine

Comment

Ok brilliant, so on the form where it says it says are you insolvent? would i tick yes or no?

and also if it doesnt involve money handling which i know it doesnt why would they ask such a question in the character enquiry?

Comment

Ok brilliant, so on the form where it says it says are you insolvent? would i tick yes or no?
                  No!

You are NOT insolvent as you are NOT bankrupt.

Comment

and also if it doesnt involve money handling which i know it doesnt why would they ask such a question in the character enquiry?
                    Daft as it may sound, a civil servant can access the main government gateway (ie their mainframe which contains details of every single person in the UK) hence you can be bribed, sure it happens.

One of the most common things I used to deal with was DCA's bribing benefits agency staff. An example, you get in debt and on one of your applications you say you work for benefits agency, the dca (that bought your debt from the lender) know that you'll be able to access names and addresses of 'gone away' records so what they do is say they will write off your debt if you give them X number of addresses. Obviously once they give you the debtor name and date of birth, the GSI would pick it up in no time and thus your possible £2k debt may reap them recovery of maybe 20 £20k debts..... see where I'm going with this....

The DCA's also used to pay upto £750 per address to those we caught doing it (usually after their original debt was repaid). It was a good little earner I guess, until we sacked their asses

THAT is why they ask if you're in financial difficulty (usually)

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      No!

You are NOT insolvent as you are NOT bankrupt.
                      Brilliant I just didnt want to tick the wrong box and then they ask and say I provided false information.

wow you'd have to be stupid to give out that type of information their asses should definately be sacked

Comment

We all should tell the truth and if we don't we get our balls nailed to the door!!!

If only it applied to banks ,DCA etc

Comment

Nope you will be fine

Comment

Working...
                          X