GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unknown Debt from Cabot Finance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unknown Debt from Cabot Finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Debt from Cabot Finance

Hi all, this is a rarity, someone chasing Mrs Pooky for her money...
    Got this through our letterbox this morning.
    It was address to her using her Maiden name, she left her ex in Sept 2006 and we got married in 2007.
    We don't know anything about it.
    Attached Files
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Re: Unknown Debt from Cabot Finance

You could send this----->You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It

but if it was me I Would just ignore
    Last edited by Deepie; 28 April 2012, 12:21.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 28 April 2012, 14:15.

Comment

Ignore.

They obviously are not even sure they are really writing to the correct person, otherwise they would have included details of what it is etc.

Big basket of fresh smelly "phish".
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It could be hers, as when she was married before, her ex was a right and kept things hidden from her and liked to hide his head in the sand.
          He's a gambling addict and whenever any bills came in (well, any OFFICIAL looking letters), he would bin them so the now Mrs Pooky didn’t know about them. And lied about what money was coming in so he could feed this addiction.
          We had one a couple of years ago regarding another debt and again when we moved where we are. We sorted those ones out.
          What I'm thinking with this one is, could it be SB or failing that, do a CCA and see if its
          I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
            lol... is your mind blank too early in the day?
            Or something went wrong when you posed the reply?

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
              What I'm thinking with this one is, could it be SB or failing that, do a CCA and see if its
              Sounds quite possible.

If they ever write with proper details of what they are chasing, we can maybe look at those options.

Until they do, it's best to ignore.

The clock carries on ticking ........

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                lol... is your mind blank too early in the day?
                Or something went wrong when you posed the reply?
                Been here since 6am cheeky beggar!
                It's an obvious phishing letter. Sometimes it's easier to get a point across graphically

Comment

Ignore.

If they are so sure they have the right person, they will follow it up with more detail.

Also, if they are using your OH maiden name, it may be statute barred, if not now, soon anyway.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by alangee View Post
                    Ignore.

If they are so sure they have the right person, they will follow it up with more detail.

Also, if they are using your OH maiden name, it may be statute barred, if not now, soon anyway.

Alan
                    Thats what I'm thinking too... Iggy it.

Comment

Been here since 6am cheeky beggar!
                      It's an obvious phishing letter. Sometimes it's easier to get a point across graphically
                      Pooky sorry.

I'm the one who should be as I didn’t get much sleep last night, Mrs Pooky not well

Comment

LOL Pooky..not your fault...
                        was the pic I put up not showing?
                        Can you see it now?

Comment

LOL Pooky..not your fault...
                          was the pic I put up not showing?
                          Can you see it now?
                          Nope, still nothing showing

Comment

Hmmmm
                            *goes to get toolbox and big hammer....

Comment

I can see it!! Odd isn't it!!

Pooky can you see all the smiley images??
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X