GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unknown Debt from Cabot Finance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unknown Debt from Cabot Finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unknown Debt from Cabot Finance

Nah i think it is Providian, i had a credit card with that name it changed to monument i think.

Comment

Providian Became monument which is now owned by Barclays IIR.

So this was a credit card by monument and the balance reflects that assumption.

Edit. It may be compuCredit now but I was sure they got bought out too. Feck knows
      Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 12 May 2012, 10:27. Reason: Not owned by Barclays
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

m.guardian.co.uk
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
          Nah i think it is Providian, i had a credit card with that name it changed to monument i think.
          Likely.

Read it as ending in ***en in the Cabot letter rather than ***ian for some reason.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So Cabot chasing a credit card that the OP/OH has never had instead of a doorstep loan they have never had.

Oh well. Cabot screwed whichever way you slice it.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm sure Paul wants to know bad things Cabot do as he's after their blood.

I'll link him here just to check

Comment

SO... What's the Verdict?...
                I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Either ignore or send a prove it. I think I would ignore for now but shoot me if I am wrong

Comment

I was thinking iggy it too as Mrs Pooky reckons the account was opened fraudulently as for some bizarre reason, her kids can do her signature. We dissed one of these phishing letters before as Mrs Pooky never even heard of the other debt before so contacted the police and reported a fraud and got a crime number to send them and we have heard nothing since...
                    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Errr...... I've just checked the 'other' debt and its for exactly the same person and the same amount.

Me thinks this is a case of one cant get the money from us by one DCA, they'll try another but we have a crime number reporting fraud against it.
                      This deserves a letter....

Comment

I think it's time to call on cloggy for one of his "special" letters as opposed to a nice polite Niddy special

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                          I think it's time to call on cloggy for one of his "special" letters as opposed to a nice polite Niddy special
                          Polite? Who, moi

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Polite? Who, moi
                            lol

Or you could go for the other option

Dear Sirs,

I write regarding your recent correspondence dated..... the contents of which i have noted.

For clarity, i have never held such a credit card as the one listed in your letter. The account number has no meaning to me, nor do i recognise the lenders name as being a company i have ever had any dealings with. On checking my banking records i cannot find any evidence of any payments to the account specified in your letter.

It is deeply distressing to receive this type of correspondence from you and i will not be paying any of the monies you demand as i simply do not believe that i owe them to you or anyone else for that matter.

If you continue to persist in writing to me and making thinly veiled threats of further action i shall have no choice but to seek to bring legal action against your company for, but not limited to, an injunction restraining you from contacting me and for damages pursuant to Protection from Harassment legislation.

I would invite you to either provide evidence to support your claims or to confirm that the matter is now closed.

I reserve the right to exhibit this letter to the Court on the question of costs and conduct should litigation become necessary

Regards

Comment

Fabulous letter

Comment

Just got another letter from them, nothing to do with the last letter I sent them on 14th as that's the date of the one they sent. I'll wait and see what they say to my last letter before I take my next step.

They say "The Cabot Financial Group has recently bought the account you held with Providian and we've tried to contact previously. It's now vital that you contact us urgently to discuss your account"

That's bullshit, as they are named in a letter from Mackenzie Hall dated 14 Oct 2010. They must run on some weird timescale...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X