GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt help. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt help.

Tell more so that we can help..........
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I owe about 5k, I'm on income support so cant afford to pay anything to anyone, I can barley live on the money I get. Most of the debt I got when I was with my ex husband, and stupidly put everything in my name.

Comment

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
        Please give us the above information......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by vicky View Post
          I owe about 5k, I'm on income support so cant afford to pay anything to anyone, I can barley live on the money I get. Most of the debt I got when I was with my ex husband, and stupidly put everything in my name.
          Have you got a problem specifically with Bailiffs & Harassment? If not, this thread will get more views in a general section of the board.

To be able to give any sensible advice, we would need to know which types of alleged debts these are. Are they consumer debts such as credit cards, unsecured loans, or overdrafts? Is it rent or council tax? Some debts have definite priority over others.

SH

Comment

ok thank you, I will sort it all out later and let you no what I've got

Comment

Hi Vicky, I have moved your thread here and sent you a PM with the link.

Best wishes
              IF...x
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi Vicky
                Once you can tell us what the debts are people can give you the right advice as different types of debt require different solutions.
                I assume you are on income based JSA or ESA, well on that level of income there are perfectly legal options that can get the debt written off within a year if not sooner.

Comment

Hello all, sorry for late reply, I haven't got any internet at home. I've got my paper work sorted and have 8 debts in all. I've got most of the details that you need to see but don't no how to find out when the date commenced.

Comment

Hello all, sorry for late reply, I haven't got any internet at home. I've got my paper work sorted and have 8 debts in all. I've got most of the details that you need to see but don't no how to find out when the date commenced.
                    roughly when will be ok.........

Comment

lol, to be honest I really haven't got a clue, my ex sorted all the payments out and things I just said yes to it all and signed where I had to.

Comment

lol, to be honest I really haven't got a clue, my ex sorted all the payments out and things I just said yes to it all and signed where I had to.
                        but you must have some idea, like in 2000, or 2005? Think back to the event, and when you were with the ex.

For example if you split 8 years ago then fine, we can work on that premise. If you split last year it's no help at all
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                          unless they can't find the CCA (agreement), in which case you're in luck!
                          Welcome back

However not necessarily as if the account was opened in 2008 and they wrote saying they cannot find it, we'd be in for a shock when it came to defending it if they tried to enforce.... Lack of date is not always a good thing, we need to know roughly when it was opened before we can play any UE games with lenders as they hold the Ace card until we get that start date confirmed.

I suspect the next tactic by banks will be just that, ie to say they cannot locate the agreement, wait a while then enforce and just before trial when you start a defence they'll pull it out and then rely on it.

Bastards, you know how they think!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I think most of them must have been before 2007 looking at them now, but will have a good look and let you no asap. Thankyou all

Comment

Vicky

You say you owe about £5000, is that in total? Do you live in rented accomodation? How much do you have left over at the end of the month after paying all your bills? Is it less than £50?

I am wondering if a Debt Relief Order may be suitable for you.

Let us know what your debts are, and we can let you know your options. Don't worry or be ashamed about it, we are all in the same boat on here.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X