GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Not long after my first default was registered (December 2010) a credit card i had running sweet wrote advising they had decided to reduce my credit limit by £800 (still within reason ). I have kept this running OK and will do so.
    I was planning on applying for a Vanquis card purely for fuel purchases and pay off in full each month but have two reservations:

Would it result in (further) reduced credit on the other active credit card (not Vanquis)?
    Is it likely to cause the cauldron to stir up at the creditors listed within my diary?

Cheers! :niddy
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Nope, it'll help you as other lenders cannot see the creditor name - all they see is CREDIT CARD - Then the limit and any share data (ie paid on time/late etc)

Go for the granite one, seems a tad better looking than Vanquis..

Granite Credit Card – The Smart Way to Build your Credit
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Nid!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Nope, it'll help you as other lenders cannot see the creditor name - all they see is CREDIT CARD - Then the limit and any share data (ie paid on time/late etc)

That's interesting, i just assumed lenders see the same on a credit check as the person with the credit against them does on Equifax etc. So they don't actually know who the others are lol.

Go for the granite one, seems a tad better looking than Vanquis..

Will do mate, i'll let you know what happens!

Granite Credit Card – The Smart Way to Build your Credit
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nooo they only see the type of credit, they don't see the lender name
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nooo they only see the type of credit, they don't see the lender name

Last edited by SA Gold; 28 November 2012, 00:49. Reason: Can never remember if whistle quietly is capital!

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post

Is it likely to cause the cauldron to stir up at the creditors listed within my diary?

Cheers! :niddy
            As its xmas the OH wanted something from a catologue and somehow has ended up with a credit account. (Not bad in itself as her credit file was fried so it seems we have got to the stage where the lowest of the low are coming back to try and help her back down again)

Anyway we have noticed a defo upsurge in activity from the DCA's. Maybe their xmas normal activity or maybe they been tipped off by our friendly CRA's that she is accessing credit again.

Who knows with this industry.

Comment

Ummmm, that's interesting to hear. It would be nice to hear others opinions on this.

Comment

A partner that is linked to you would reflect against a cra and and share data between dca's.

I'd not worry.

Comment

Missy it's gone for manual processing. Perfectly normal.

They'll ring you from a witheld number usually. Good luck

Comment

Cheers for clearing that up mate! Ah, witheld numbers!

have to take a chance then lol. Getting quite a few of these now

Edit: Didn't mean i was doubting what you did say - just wondered what the calls added up to (if anything) A few people have said they get spammed when signing up with Experian (post and email)
                    Last edited by SA Gold; 28 November 2012, 14:48.

Comment

Well Vanquis call to say yes or no usually. And to try and upsell ppi style insurance. Just say no!!

If its a decline see what they say, that'll be by letter. It can be slow so give it 2-3 weeks before worrying.

You're not in debt are you so witheld calls won't bother you?

Comment

Well Vanquis call to say yes or no usually. And to try and upsell ppi style insurance. Just say no!!

If its a decline see what they say, that'll be by letter. It can be slow so give it 2-3 weeks before worrying.

You're not in debt are you so witheld calls won't bother you?
                        Will do, thanks for the heads up.

Yes, i am in debt mate - stopped paying the CCCS after the CCA's were sent out.

Comment

Oh yea lol.

Well see what happens then

Comment

Oh yea lol.

Well see what happens then
                            lol
                            All of sudden, one Saturday had loads of them. Nothing for a few days, then loads one evening, followed by the Saturday again. One person on a certain shift pattern perhaps?!

Comment

They like to ruin your weekend which is why we say ignore post in Saturdays and have a break. Pointless being wound up and worried all weekend. So instead go splash out and spend some repayment money on yourself

That's the plan

Comment

Working...
                              X