GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    They like to ruin your weekend which is why we say ignore post in Saturdays and have a break. Pointless being wound up and worried all weekend. So instead go splash out and spend some repayment money on yourself

That's the plan
    That's a very good point actually - why worry about shite when there is no need! :niddy
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Are the cra's at work already lol
      Received a notice at 9 and just now to say its received replies
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just to let you all know i did receive a call from them, and they did their best to sell the protection which i declined. Card received with £600 limit on it so will use now for 56 days of free credit a month. Allows a bit of slack on my already "fat" belt.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
          Just to let you all know i did receive a call from them, and they did their best to sell the protection which i declined. Card received with £600 limit on it so will use now for 56 days of free credit a month. Allows a bit of slack on my already "fat" belt.
          Nice one matey, see - applying for the right card at the right time works wonders..... :niddy
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nice one matey, see - applying for the right card at the right time works wonders..... :niddy
            Yep, top advice from AAD as usual. cheers buddy! :niddy

Comment

Yep, top advice from AAD as usual. cheers buddy! :niddy
              give it 6 months then go to capital one mate - should be another yes with a £200 or £500 limit on their creditbuilder (progress) card which lowers the apr every few months.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

give it 6 months then go to capital one mate - should be another yes with a £200 or £500 limit on their creditbuilder (progress) card which lowers the apr every few months.
                Google calendar reminder set. Cheers mucka !

Comment

nobody will give us a card

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                    nobody will give us a card
                    Sometimes that's not a bad thing though.....

Comment

Sometimes that's not a bad thing though.....

agree because saving for things makes us appreciate them more plus the business is doing well again so no need for credit

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                        agree because saving for things makes us appreciate them more plus the business is doing well again so no need for credit
                        That is good news!

You won't get a credit card with a ton of recent defaults, but there are pre-paid cards you would be able to get if you were finding the lack of plastic to be a problem. As an obvious example, advance railway tickets can be far cheaper than standard returns, but they can only be bought online with a plastic card. Even a virtual card would be useless as you need to have the plastic to put into the ticket machine when you go to collect the ticket.

I got one of those even though I already had two bank accounts with debit cards, one of them with a chequebook. You need to pay a small charge to get the card in the first place (£5 or £7, depending which one you choose), but there will be no other charges after that, if you run the account properly.

SH

Comment

I've just done this and it was approved. Happy days! Should be starting to build my history up ready for January nicely now (3 years since first default)

Comment

I've just done this and it was approved. Happy days! Should be starting to build my history up ready for January nicely now (3 years since first default)
                            lol told you mate - Niddy knows best

Comment

lol told you mate - Niddy knows best
                              oh yes mate. Niddy is the Daddy :niddy

Comment

Just thought I would add, I have a Vanquis card with 39% APR, Just read this and then applied for a Cap1 card with 0.5% cashback got accepted and the website says card will be with me in a week the APR is 34% so I will only buy a pack of fags a month on the vanquis, and start buying my petrol on cap1

Comment

Working...
                                X