GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    That's not always best, I did say pay off more than the minimum - not pay in full.

Paying in full is not actually a good thing to creditors, bet you never expected that! it shows no risk level and pretty much negates any positives you build up from paying monthly. I tend to say set up a DD for the minimum payment then each month after your payment has been paid via DD, simply pay extra to lower the balance - this works better and also reports at the CRA that you paid MORE than the required amount. Paying in full shows the CRA that the balance is £0 - so other people searching you may think it is a dormant account and not being used.

Hi NID, sorry to drag an old post up but I've just discovered the sub prime forum and have enjoyed the read.

When you say pay more than the minimum, is there a set amount more or would £1 be fine?

Comment

£1 is fine mate. It shows the CRA's you've paid more than the min payment
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

£1 is fine mate. It shows the CRA's you've paid more than the min payment
        That's worth knowing
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Applied for a creation card last night and got rejected.

Currently I have a Very account with a £6k limit and an old Marbles credit card that has a £500 limit, my last default has just hit the 3 year mark so I had hoped I would get accepted. Do you think not being on the electrol roll is a problem?

Not to worry I've put a reminder on my phone for 6 months from now and will try again then.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
            That's worth knowing
            You know this mate. We discussed it on your own thread previously
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
              Applied for a creation card last night and got rejected.

Currently I have a Very account with a £6k limit and an old Marbles credit card that has a £500 limit, my last default has just hit the 3 year mark so I had hoped I would get accepted. Do you think not being on the electrol roll is a problem?

Not to worry I've put a reminder on my phone for 6 months from now and will try again then.
              oh shit - you gotta be on the ER mate

oooops!!!

thats going to be an issue for all applications.

Comment

oh shit - you gotta be on the ER mate

oooops!!!

thats going to be an issue for all applications.
                Oh dear!!! Ha ha!!!

I'll make sure I'm on it for when I reapply in 6 months time then!

Comment

You know this mate. We discussed it on your own thread previously
                  i was aware of the paying more than the DD bit mate, just don't recall the amount required if any (i tend to log in and pay the amount to bring it to a round amount, i.e if the balance is £208 after the DD; pay £8)- but i'm sure you did mention just £1 but i've got so much on at the moment i tend to forget things. either that, or i need to stop drinking my own beer!
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just to say I applied and was accepted off a vanquis Granite card despite not being on the electrol roll

Comment

Just to say I applied and was accepted off a vanquis Granite card despite not being on the electrol roll
                      Happy days!

Comment

Gmail reminder went off to apply for second Creation balance transfer card although was blown out. Hoping to port my mastercard over to 0% interest free to pay it off quicker.

Comment

So after being rejected for a creation card recently one arrived in the post followed by a pin the day after.

Will have to phone them to see what is going on.

Comment

I'd just try and use it, and pay it off

Comment

So after being rejected for a creation card recently one arrived in the post followed by a pin the day after.

Will have to phone them to see what is going on.
                              Well done, they sometimes reject you online but then it goes through after manual processing - try and use it - what limit did it give out of interest? If it was £1000, then that's the normal opening limit - anything higher means your score was better (so they give slightly more)....

Comment

£500 limit.

I will try and activate the card on Tuesday and let you know if it works or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X