GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Good luck mate - that has gone to manual review, nothing new there - happens a lot.

Give them a call after 3pm and chase it - if accepted they'll tell you there and then

Or wait if you hate being rejected on the phone (like me) - assuming it is a rejection of course. If it is don't worry, it's all part of the process - sometimes a second/third application stands you in better stead for approval
    Thanks mate, i'll give them a buzz later and let you know the outcome. Fingers crossed
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
      Thanks mate, i'll give them a buzz later and let you know the outcome. Fingers crossed
      If you call just say you applied online earlier and managed to copy the ref number but missed what the screen said - can they give you an update on your application. If they try and fob you off to wait just say again, you are unsure of whether the app correctly sent so you want an update.

They will tell you eventually. Can be hit/miss depends who answers really.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If you call just say you applied online earlier and managed to copy the ref number but missed what the screen said - can they give you an update on your application. If they try and fob you off to wait just say again, you are unsure of whether the app correctly sent so you want an update.

They will tell you eventually. Can be hit/miss depends who answers really.
        mate that's a quality reason and not just the usual chase-up (which of course it is )
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Can be hit/miss depends who answers really.
          Just called them and they said the application has gone for further checks which can take up to 10 days. Ah well, call again on Monday

Comment

Just called them and they said the application has gone for further checks which can take up to 10 days. Ah well, call again on Monday
            Yea that is a fob off - might be a decline.... remember todays date, 14th June - see what date the rejection letter is dated

If I am wrong and it is an accept then that would mean underwriting are extremely busy.

When I last applied I called several times and eventually spoke to underwriting who told me I had too many defaults

I explained they weren't mine and they said to get them removed then they'd consider it - I told him to shove it up his japsy.

Tosser
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yea that is a fob off - might be a decline.... remember todays date, 14th June - see what date the rejection letter is dated

If I am wrong and it is an accept then that would mean underwriting are extremely busy.

When I last applied I called several times and eventually spoke to underwriting who told me I had too many defaults

I explained they weren't mine and they said to get them removed then they'd consider it - I told him to shove it up his japsy.

Tosser
              Will do mate, i guess the manual review only takes a minute or two for someone to take a manual look at credit file and that the person i spoke with didn't want to be the bearer.....

Ah, that's a shitter mate, but i see you are doing OK card wise elsewhere

Comment

Will do mate, i guess the manual review only takes a minute or two for someone to take a manual look at credit file and that the person i spoke with didn't want to be the bearer.....

Ah, that's a shitter mate, but i see you are doing OK card wise elsewhere
                I only have Bank of Ireland Gold & Capital One mate.

Lets wait and see, don't worry about this even if it does decline, the good thing is these are easier to get than even your own bank so that tells you a lot, if indeed they do say no.

Don't worry, just sit back until end of the year then go again. Lets see what the official line is, they may accept you - after all I got accepted from other lenders (mainstream) with some very strange credit entries (20+ defaults)

Comment

I only have Bank of Ireland Gold & Capital One mate.

Lets wait and see, don't worry about this even if it does decline, the good thing is these are easier to get than even your own bank so that tells you a lot, if indeed they do say no.

Don't worry, just sit back until end of the year then go again. Lets see what the official line is, they may accept you - after all I got accepted from other lenders (mainstream) with some very strange credit entries (20+ defaults)
                  ah, for some reason i thought you had more than that
                  Thanks for words of encouragement mate. I guess its either a yes, or no - hopefully the former

Comment

ah, for some reason i thought you had more than that
                    I do/did

A couple I have decided - sod em; Opus I took to the cleaners and HSBC screwed me so I screwed them - so that lost 4

I can't discuss it publicly, but anyway!

Comment

I do/did

A couple I have decided - sod em; Opus I took to the cleaners and HSBC screwed me so I screwed them - so that lost 4

I can't discuss it publicly, but anyway!
                      ah, that sounds more like it

Looks like a decline with this one mate. Just called them, placed on hold and then was told i will hear in writing within 10 working days. I asked if they can see the status of my application on their screen and apparently it just tells them its pending which i guess is cr@p. Wonder why they don't want to just say no on the phone?

Comment

Still nothing through the post, called them, gave the reference number to some dude who said the card was in the post!
                        Happy days!

Comment

Lol nice - fingers crossed matey

Comment

Lol nice - fingers crossed matey
                            cheers mate. i'll keep you posted

Comment

When did you last call up?

Comment

When did you last call up?
                                just now mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X