GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Hmmm they should be able to discuss it with you if it's in the post lol.

Give it a few days or try again and get different agent
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Hmmm they should be able to discuss it with you if it's in the post lol.

Give it a few days or try again and get different agent
      It was sods law that this time i spoke with someone who was willing although just as the call started, my boss started showing new clients around and was within ear-shot. Typical! He did ask me to set up a telephone PIN so i guess the account is there, just need to see how much of a limit they have given. Hopefully enough to pay off the card specified in the balance transfer, only at 0% - assuming they have given me the standard t&c's for the card that is!
      Last edited by SA Gold; 24 June 2013, 14:41.
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Should be £1,000-£2300 matey.

They increase every 3 months too.

Oh, after this comes make a payment then apply for another

I know someone who now has 5 accounts all with £4k limits+

Nuts!!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They increase every 3 months too.
          Result!

Oh, after this comes make a payment then apply for another
          When you say another; i assume you mean another card in their range, or from another provider?

I know someone who now has 5 accounts all with £4k limits+

Nuts!!
          Wow, that's pretty good going in this day and age. It seems most credit card applications now are like, 1K or 2K.
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I mean another from their range mate

They all started at £1k - now all are over £4k

Comment

I mean another from their range mate

They all started at £1k - now all are over £4k
              Got ya

Comment

Spot on as normal mate!
                Arrived home and the card was on the mat.
                £1500 limit, with £1300 transfer option which is really handy as i've just requested to pay off my Mastercard which has been running sweet. DD set-up already to 10% (minimum) and as soon as the billing date is set will log in day after and pay off whatever i can afford that month.
                Best to keep the paid off one open and use for the odd bit of shopping to stay active, or write to them and close?
                Happy days! Thanks for recommending them
                Last edited by SA Gold; 24 June 2013, 21:10.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                  Spot on as normal mate!
                  Arrived home and the card was on the mat.
                  £1500 limit, with £1300 transfer option which is really handy as i've just requested to pay off my Mastercard which has been running sweet. DD set-up already to 10% (minimum) and as soon as the billing date is set will log in day after and pay off whatever i can afford that month.
                  Best to keep the paid off one open and use for the odd bit of shopping to stay active, or write to them and close?
                  Happy days! Thanks for recommending them
                  Nice one mate - haha. Don't blame me if things go wrong and you get in debt, but I do happen to know a decent forum who might be able to help, even though they are 2103 agreements

Give it a couple of months and re-apply for a different card. Which did you just get, the FlyBe?

As for being spot on, what did you expect!

* keep the old one open for now, no harm

Comment

Nice one mate - haha. Don't blame me if things go wrong and you get in debt, but I do happen to know a decent forum who might be able to help, even though they are 2103 agreements

Give it a couple of months and re-apply for a different card. Which did you just get, the FlyBe?

As for being spot on, what did you expect!

* keep the old one open for now, no harm
                    Or even 2013 agreements
                    I am being wise now mate

Aye, the Flybe mate. 12 months to pay off my balance for the only Mastercard i've got at the moment.

Spot on indeed! Don't expect anything less than perfect now

Will keep open chiefton (i think its 2007 )

Comment

ha ha!! i have been pre-selected to apply for a vanquis bank visa card!! 3.5 years of going down the U.E route and now for the first time since, i have been pre-selected lol on the down side the postman now knows my credit history is shot by having vanquis splashed all over the envelope but things are looking up and my credit file must be going in the right direction.
                      ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Apply - you should be fine

Comment

nah they only cause me to get into trouble and believe me i have learned my lesson if i can't afford it i don't have it but its good to know they pre- selected me

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
                            ha ha!! i have been pre-selected to apply for a vanquis bank visa card!! 3.5 years of going down the U.E route and now for the first time since, i have been pre-selected lol on the down side the postman now knows my credit history is shot by having vanquis splashed all over the envelope but things are looking up and my credit file must be going in the right direction.
                            Strange. I have today received a PRE-SELECTED APPLICATION from Vanquis Bank Needless to say it's going in the bin!

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                              Strange. I have today received a PRE-SELECTED APPLICATION from Vanquis Bank Needless to say it's going in the bin!
                              ha yeh mine is too but put a smile on my face, makes a change from threatening letters

Comment

Vanquis want me to borrow £3,000! With their apr I should be funding most of their bonuses if I use it!

Comment

Working...
                                X