GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script winner12's DMP thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

winner12's DMP thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winner12's DMP thread

Hello
    Wandered over from MSE what a great imformative site had a lightbulb moment in January of this year and with the help of these forums and Debt Charities mainly National Debt Line I have set up my own DMP some of it is going ok and it is sometimes a bit scary but everyone has given me lots of advice and help along the way Im now in the process of been defaulted by most of my crediters and getting passed on to DCA so having to send off my SOA and offers again just wondering what the next step will be CCJ I suppose being new to all of this Im not up to speed on the tactics used to grab their money back but I hope I will still have your support no matter what happens...

Re: This is where you all hang out

welcome winner12

this is the place for support, if you have your doubts about anything, just ask.

how old are your debts, have you thought about UE?

Comment

Hello Winner12

Nice to see you here too! ;Hi

Best
      SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi
        All my debts are pre 2007 but the problem i have is i did borrow the money and the feeling of guilt is there and im kinda unsure of what reaction id get and how id deal with it i find some of my crediters letters bamboozling at the best of times i have claimed ppi back from Barclays

Comment

loads of UE diaries in the diary section, have a good read through, loads of great stories. and Niddy deals with the jargon spat out by the creditors, most of it is a load of baloney anyway. No harm in asking him what he thinks .

you need to know anything else, just ask.

Comment

Hi and welcome Winner

You have found us then? good one.

I'm sure you will like it here and settle down well.

Also please feel free to post up on these threads for a bit of fun too. ;-y 2 .

Hope to catch you soon then x

Comment

Hi Winner ;Hi1

Welcome to AAD - we're pleased to have you aboard!

As Di has already said, feel free to join in with the 'games' and post in the general chat thread - we have a thread started for just about everything so put the kettle on and get settled in! 2
              Made by God...Improved by the Devil
              Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Monument Credit Card

Hello all
                Thanks so much for the warm welcome so here i go with my first question I have been trying since April to set up a DMP with Monument they have now come up with a Balance Transfer programme I have to pay a set amount each month for a year then they will reduce my debt by x amount and transfer the remaining balance to 0% has anyone dealt with this method and also its more than my DMP amount so please help

Comment

Re: Monument Credit Card

Hi Winner

I am not sure that the Balance transfer is a good thing - doesn't that mean you sign a new agreement with them.

What do they say about your offer for a DMP?

"Personally" (and someone with a bit more knowledge will be along to advise a bit more) I would just stick to your guns on your DMP just say this is what you can afford and I would not sign any new agreement no way no how.

Are you paying anything at all on your account?

LL

Comment

Yes it would be a new agreement did think of that one and i have paid them as per my DMP for the last 7 months they have just refused to accept it and I have also constantly sent my SOA and offer letter (a few trees were sacrificed for this to happen)all to no avail then out of the blue along comes what they describe as an inovative way to deal with your debt I have also complained to them about my treatment but all to no avail

Comment

Ugh Winner sorry I just don't know what else to advise - but hang in and someone will be along soon with much more knowledge than me. I am sure they can't force a new agreement on you so just stick to you guns there and so no.

Like you I would just have kept sending the letters.

have they defaulted you?

Wish I had more to say!!

LL

Comment

Actually no they have not defaulted yet its all a bit weird really

Comment

I think (sorry this is only thinking) that if they default you they then have to stop the interest - I think that is why some of my creditors have not acutally defaulted me yet.

Hold fire and someone will be along to help soon

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo
                            I think (sorry this is only thinking) that if they default you they then have to stop the interest - I think that is why some of my creditors have not acutally defaulted me yet.
                            Hold fire and someone will be along to help soon
                            i don't think (checking paper work), that makes a difference Looloo, as i've been defunked and still get interest charges appearing...(sorry for the confusing - winner)..But someone in know how will be able to answer better.

Who are you trying to use as a DMP (or you trying to do it on your own?)

In the mean time have you read about, to help you along in the mean time:
                            Debt Management Plans - Explained: Link
                            viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14
                            Debt Management Companies - In Detail: Link
                            viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ah cheeer 5corpio - I knew someone with more brains than me would be along

Sorry Winner I will shut up now as really don't want to give you the wrong advice!!

Comment

Working...
                              X