GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit Solutions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Solutions

Hi all
    just feel like a rant

july last year, barclyshark assigned my debt to Csl, I asked why as all payments were up todate, but all they said was 'because we can'
    set up payment with Csl, nov/dec 2010 they started sending letters saying payments were missing, threats of doorstep visits court action ect, ect, 3-4 calls a day, but my phone blocks the no. so not bothered
    snotty letter sent to them and Barks, about their behaviour, and pointing out that payment must have been received as the amount showing was reducing in line with the payments being made,

reply from Barks = 'so what'
    reply from csl, 'you have not paid your account....'
    jan bought a truecall and started logging all calls
    letter sent to TS & OFT, complaint accepted.
    letter sent to csl saying i had made a complaint and wanted all calls to stop.
    letters stoped, still 3 calls a day.
    by the end of may they had called me 272 times
    did a printout and posted it off to csl wit a letter warning of court action for harassment if they continued,
    I received a letter of apology, saying my number had been removed from their files, and that the calls were in reguard to my account, but not what for.
    all has been quiet
    wrote to them in aug to say i was out of work and they would have to have payments reduced,
    letter back 2nd sept, to say they would be happy with the reduced payments and the breakdown worked out that it would take 53 years to pay off( i will be 110)
    last week I noticed an unrecognised no, on truecall, YES, it was CSL,
    yesterday I received a missive from (no) power2contact, telling me that ' because you have not made payment to our client(selves) they will be calling on me, some time between 9am-8pm mon - fri or 9-12 sat.
    but the amount they say they want me to pay is minus the payments i have made, so it is all up todate
    I feel a letter to OFT is about to be sent, along with one that will tell csl that if they continue with this stupidity i will not pay anything, ang ask the FO to send in the accountants as some one is buggering up the paperwork

rant over, for now, NW
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Credit Solutions

There is a school a thought that CSL (Credit Solutions Limited) is Barclays anyway. They came third or fourth after Mercers and Calders who are Barclays. Have you sent them s78 CCA1974 request?

Never in my view accept the doorstep threat. Send this:

>Templates - Harassment

Keep a suitably doctored copy behind your front door as well to hand to any unfortunate that does arrive, tell them to leave immediately and slam the door in their face.

Garlok

Comment

Hi Garlok
      I CCa'd them last year, they sent me t&c, something so small I can't make it out
      but I was on another site and was told they had fulfilled the CCA request,and i should look at claiming PPI, but there was none on that cc

the doorstep visit letter was sent to them jan this year thanx
      Last edited by nightwatch; 21 October 2011, 13:17.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Me thinks the other "advice" is questionable. These illegible terms, usually we refer to mbna, would not make it enforceable.

If you need clarity; give us more details etc
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks niddy
          will post them on here later as I am going out soon and will need to find them
          NW

Comment

CC opened 1999
            defaulted 2002
            Attached Files

Comment

hope this has worked
              Attached Files

Comment

lost this one,sorry wrong one
                Attached Files
                Last edited by nightwatch; 21 October 2011, 19:48.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                  Hi Garlok
                  I CCa'd them last year, they sent me t&c, something so small I can't make it out
                  but I was on another site and was told they had fulfilled the CCA request,and i should look at claiming PPI, but there was none on that cc

the doorstep visit letter was sent to them jan this year thanx
                  Naughty advice..... What I assume they meant on the other site was that they'd fulfilled your request by sending all they had. What they should have added is that it doesn't make what they sent enforceable. As soon as creditors start blabbing on about the 1983 regs., it normally means they haven't got anything..... they just hope you won't relaise, that's all.

If you request confirmation of an enforceable Agreement (or not) under CPUTR from whoever's chasing you... this should flush them out nicely.... I have a thread going on this site now, if you want a quick read.

Remember the mantra:
                  NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                  Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                  Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

try again, these are the T & C attacet to the peice of paper with my name and address on
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by nightwatch; 21 October 2011, 19:59. Reason: can't work my scanner

Comment

Yea but did you see that before and did you sign it or another form confirming acceptance of those "EXACT" terms?

I doubt it ergo they've failed your cca request. You can safely ignore them for now and hope they try court cos I'm sure Paul would wipe the floor with them based on the above

It's

Without a doubt. Those terms could have been reproduced at any point - by adding your address. The devil is in the detail....

Check the default charges, the rates (compound) and the address at the time the account was opened then study the terms - you'll find fault; these are always dodgy. Don't worry, I wouldn't.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

thank's niddy

so do I ask, as P1 says under CPUTR, if CSL or Barks has a true signed copy,
                        or do I just tell CSL that I dont think I will be paying any more unless an original CCA is forth coming?
                        NW

Comment

thank's niddy

or do I just tell CSL that I dont think I will be paying any more unless an original CCA is forth coming?
                          NW
                          I've not been on this site for long and am not sure how things are done here..... Where I would send a CPUTR letter, Niddy may not.... so see what he says first.
                          Remember the mantra:
                          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

thank's niddy

NW
                            Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                            I've not been on this site for long and am not sure how things are done here..... Where I would send a CPUTR letter, Niddy may not.... so see what he says first.
                            You can send this > CCA Query - Terms & Conditions Received

Comment

Hi P1,

Niddy has in the past voiced his opposition to the CPUTR on the basis that the consumer has no access to redress. It is only the OFT essentially that can bring sanction to bear.

I hold a differing view as I (and my legal advice) that keeping matters from the court is the way to go but amass as much evidence as is possible on the way in case the worst happens and you have to defend. I would see a false declaration under CPUTR as useful evidence when defending a case being brought against you.

I have used it once against a firm of solicitors threatening hell and high and high water by adding a paragraph to the bottom of the paraphrase of the template my sols gave us telling them to get the decalration on MY sol's desk within 7 days. They went away.

Garlok

Comment

Working...
                              X