GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Yay more Fun - Housing Association Rental Repossession - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay more Fun - Housing Association Rental Repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay more Fun - Housing Association Rental Repossession

To top off a pretty bad few months i have been given a notice requiring possession of our flat.

So time to give the Housing Association hell on that too.

Think from work ET forms I'm able to surmise that i hadn't ignored things more had no time to deal with them.

As they say when it rains it pours.
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: Yay more Fun

Hi mate

Who do you live with if you don't mind me asking.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Bloody hell kilasuit...it never rains but it pours!
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Marches Housing Association. Based in Leominster.

Why do you ask?
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          Bloody hell kilasuit...it never rains but it pours!
          yes it does should be used to it seeing as live in northern Scotland for a significant period of time

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
            To top off a pretty bad few months i have been given a notice requiring possession of our flat.

So time to give the Housing Association hell on that too.

Think from work ET forms I'm able to surmise that i hadn't ignored things more had no time to deal with them.

As they say when it rains it pours.
            Don't they have to have a damn good reason for possession of your flat since you're living there with your two year old child? If you've got any rent arrears because you lost your job have you applied for Housing Benefit and made the housing association aware of your plight? HB takes about eight weeks to come through but normally HAs are tolerant of this expected delay

Comment

I mean who with ie you said we....

That does matter..... ie kids/elderly etc
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                I mean who with ie you said we....

That does matter..... ie kids/elderly etc
                Its me (22) my partner(18) and my 2 year old.

Comment

Marches Housing Association. Based in Leominster.

Why do you ask?

Shelter offer excellant FREE help to anyone facing repossession of their home. From what you say this may be your local branch. Give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do for you and your young family They may tell you to get a referral from the CAB etc but at least ask them how you can start to deal with all this.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...&pc=Leominster

Plan B x

Comment

Me again. I've found your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau which has a telephone helpline open tomorrow from 10 am - 3 pm. If you ring them you should get an emergency appointment with an advisor in the next few days

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/bur...lnumber=100412

I've checked out your housing association and it's huge with thousands of properties on the books. Sometimes when they get that big things can become a bit impersonal and the computer sends out repossession letters automatically if there are arrears or something without knowing your real circumstances. You should have a local Housing Officer who you can talk to and who can sort this out

Comment

no no im not in leominster im in shrewsbury and have been to cab in last month so i do know where it is.

I do have a local housing officer but hes a bit of a prick in all fairness

Comment

Then your nearest Shelter would be Birmingham which is almost an hour away but they do have a phone advice line

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...ry&id=368&r=20

Comment

well i've spoken to the solicitor asked to send the notice out and he has said he'll email them to get the appeal process started

gonna get a copy of all worked hours sent to them too so they can naff off with the "ignorance" of any letters they sent me.

Though they are shit landlords tbh

Comment

well i've spoken to the solicitor asked to send the notice out and he has said he'll email them to get the appeal process started

gonna get a copy of all worked hours sent to them too so they can naff off with the "ignorance" of any letters they sent me.

Though they are shit landlords tbh
                            If you've already got a solicitor dealing with all this then you should be fine Keep us posted with your progress

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              If you've already got a solicitor dealing with all this then you should be fine Keep us posted with your progress
                              unfortunately its not my solicitor but theirs that i've spoken too

Comment

Working...
                              X