GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Yay more Fun - Housing Association Rental Repossession - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay more Fun - Housing Association Rental Repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yay more Fun

Then why not tell the HA that you intend to move in the next 3 months and show them details of any applications you make to other HAs as evidence of your plan. If they see you're going to be leaving anyway they may not continue with the possession proceedings. Tell them that if they evict you for rent arrears this could prevent you from being re-housed by the Council (or a HA) and ask them to be patient (agree a mutual deadline for your departure because everyone likes a date in the diary).

This is all something the CAB ought to help you with. It may be wise to let Marches know that you have taken their advice (to see the CAB) and have made an appointment for next week just to keep them in the loop. If it works then this should put you back in control of your own destiny again

Comment

In our area all applications fall onto a choose your own home scheme that all HAs have to detail properties on.

I was verbally advised by current HO that at 1 year we could re-register for this scheme and now been told this conversation didnt happen. Also if we had been able to register before hand we would have been looking at getting out back in march as i was fed up of coming home to find more shit going on in the "community" regarding noise and also the parking issues.

Honestly i feel that in the "agreement" the clause to keep the house in a decorative state is a pisstake as the walls were only given a 1 coat paint job which we could tell as moving things around left scuff marks etc. Also Why would i want to waste money & time decorating a place that i was under the impression i wouldn't be living at for more than a year.

Its this clause and also a few others that i would argue against with the UTCCR as IMO it put us as a disadvantage totally.

Many landlords tend to deny tenants the ability to redecorate for the simple fact of its not cost effective as one of my mums previous landlords said to her about then after we moved out having to re-decorate

Fuming and tempted to send some shit to them in the post stink their offices out for a day. Though probably produce more effective and efficient staff there as they are dire.
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post

Fuming and tempted to send some shit to them in the post stink their offices out for a day. Though probably produce more effective and efficient staff there as they are dire.
        Probably not the best negotiating tactic I've come across

I would very be surprised if a DJ made a possession order which would effectively make your family homeless over a wheelie bin dispute. You haven't been given an ASBO so your alleged bad conduct is arguable. Plenty of tenants with ASBOs stay in their homes. But rent arrears is another matter. Try and keep calm until you see the CAB adviser next week.

You say you don't want to remain in the property anyway, so why not re-think whether McDonalds' offer of £2,500 to settle your dispute with them could be good timing. You could clear your arrears (or not!), put down a deposit on a new flat, have your rent paid by HB, and make a fresh start. I just thought I'd mention it as an option well worth considering.

Comment

Set up a CAB meeting on weds regarding this so tues HOT @ council and weds Housing @ CAB
          Good Luck with your meeting with the Housing Options Team tomorrow

At least listen to what they have to say even though I know that's not your style (I'm probably sounding like your mother now ) and then feel free to ignore the advice you're given. But at least you'll know what your legal options are because the law and what you (and I) feel we deserve doesn't always collide. Post up when you get back
          Last edited by PlanB; 20 August 2012, 22:56. Reason: typos

Comment

Now time to get together the horrendous list of paperwork that they wish to see.

I think i'll need a suitcase lol.
            I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

HO confirmed that until we actually have court papers that we are in a limbo state of waiting around.

Cab 2moro which hopefully will be more productive.

Comment

HO confirmed that until we actually have court papers that we are in a limbo state of waiting around.

Could the HA have changed their mind about issuing possession proceedings while you sort out the rent arrears

Comment

Possibly though I highly doubt it. Hoping to get a job in next few weeks so will see where things go from here

Comment

Did anything good come out of your meeting with the CAB

You've posted a letter you've written to the HA on another thread where you've suggested a compromise. You will will have one less car and clear your rent arears, if they will give you a further 6 months' extension to you Starter Tenancy. That seems fair enough to me Let's hope they think so too.

It also seems from your letter that they may have some procedural problems with the timing of the Notices issued. From what you say if you had been a pain in the a*se tenant they should have discussed it with you first in order to reach a conclusion before issuing the s.8 and s.21 Notices immediately before you would have automatically become an Assured Tenant with lots more legal rights.

Can you post that letter on this thread because I have no idea how to do that Then others may be able to add helpful suggestions too

Comment

• Re: Yay more Fun

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      Can you post that letter on this thread because I have no idea how to do that Then others may be able to add helpful suggestions too
                      letter attached
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like on Friday i may have to make a trip to HA Head offices and see them in person as they seem to be ignorant of any written communication.

Time to have my bag of shit ready i think

Comment

Looks like on Friday i may have to make a trip to HA Head offices and see them in person as they seem to be ignorant of any written communication.

Time to have my bag of shit ready i think
                          Have you considered a charm offensive

They've got something you want such as the keys to your home Perhaps going along to see them with your partner and your two year old could work. Present yourselves as a lovely family unit which doesn't deserved to lose the roof over its head

While you're in rent arrears on a Starter Tenancy which has already expired, you are not really in a position to call the shots If it was me I would go all out to come to an arrangement whatever it takes, because they don't have to let you stay

Comment

They have just totally ignored my complaint in its entirety. Really pissed me off reading there latest response.

It just seems like i'm talking to them in Arabic and they are incompetent in distinguishing that i'm actually talking English

Ahh hopefully wont have to worry too much longer thou.

Also they seem to not be caring about the arrears and coming to an agreement that would put us out. Do think a big bag of poo hurtled through their window make catch their attention though. (at least i could laugh at them for smell just like how they do their work)

Comment

latest here is Anti-social behaviour and also vandalism by the twat that has complained about us.

So i've fired off an email to the HA telling them i am reporting him for ASB and Vandalism with intent.

Also pointed out that they have to deal with it regardless on legal position and that i'm looking to see them in court and rain down on this messy BS affair that we've had to deal with.

Time i think for them to start backing down and dealing with the problems at hand here and now

Also as a neat little entry i told them until court settles things i am withholding the HB shortfall and placing it into a savings account until the time the courts decide on the matter.

Comment

latest here is Anti-social behaviour and also vandalism by the twat that has complained about us.

So i've fired off an email to the HA telling them i am reporting him for ASB and Vandalism with intent.

Also pointed out that they have to deal with it regardless on legal position and that i'm looking to see them in court and rain down on this messy BS affair that we've had to deal with.

Time i think for them to start backing down and dealing with the problems at hand here and now

Also as a neat little entry i told them until court settles things i am withholding the HB shortfall and placing it into a savings account until the time the courts decide on the matter.
                                I think what your looking for is Criminal Damage more than vandalism.

they dont need to destroy the item either to be guilty of an offence. The Court of Appeal held that flushing a blanket in a toilet in a police cell was criminal damage, as the blanket needed to be washed and was therefore no longer useable as a blanket until it was cleaned.

Comment

Working...
                                X