GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Yay more Fun - Housing Association Rental Repossession - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay more Fun - Housing Association Rental Repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yay more Fun

I don't mean to cause you offence....

But, you may loose the battle you won't loose the war!

Comment

Jen no offence caused and re-reading my last post I see how it could seem that way. No matter how I look at it thou looks like its giving up against moral beliefs. I think I shall next time be payin via SO as DD has caused problems in the past for me.
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
        Jen no offence caused and re-reading my last post I see how it could seem that way. No matter how I look at it thou looks like its giving up against moral beliefs. I think I shall next time be payin via SO as DD has caused problems in the past for me.
        No it's not.

It's about getting what you want, and if that means sleeping with the enemy then just do it

Blimey am I going to have to teach you tactics as well as housing law

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          No it's not.

It's about getting what you want, and if that means sleeping with the enemy then just do it

Blimey am I going to have to teach you tactics as well as housing law
          Being male that tends not to be an option unfortunately.
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
            SO has always been the most common way to pay rent, since the 90s, as far as I recall...
            HA's like Marches and Severnside (another local SHL) have DD's or rent payment cards (I hate all forms of these type of cards as they waste so much time queuing up to make use of them)

Although i will be insisting on using SO's for everything that i can. So much easier.

Comment

Being male that tends not to be an option unfortunately.
              Maybe the question you need to ask yourself is where will your 3 year old son spend Christmas this year and then work backwards from that

Comment

Maybe the question you need to ask yourself is where will your 3 year old son spend Christmas this year and then work backwards from that
                Say it like it is Sister friend lol

This is what I was trying to get at... IMO this battle isn't the one to be having. Your kiddo needs a home, rentals are hard to come by.

Comment

I have to agree with PlanB and Jen...your family are the most important consideration here.

In future could you pay your rent online? The HA I'm with has payments by DD, rent card or online.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Unfortunately i have never been one that is good at that sort of thing.

Time is devious and mysterious to me and i really despise it.

Lets say i would like for all this hooha to be over with me back in real work and living in a nice 3 bed house with our own garden and driveway. A garage would be a bonus.

Comment

Unfortunately i have never been one that is good at that sort of thing.

Time is devious and mysterious to me and i really despise it.

Lets say i would like for all this hooha to be over with me back in real work and living in a nice 3 bed house with our own garden and driveway. A garage would be a bonus.
                      Me too. So what's stopping you

You can do this Kilasuit if you dump your "I have to win" baggage and focus on getting what you want to achieve for you and your family by hook or by crook

If you let go of your hostilty anything is possible

If you doubt me then ask your Mum what she thinks and I bet it won't differ from my approach

Comment

Me too. So what's stopping you
                        lack of job
                        lack of deposit
                        lack of ability to build a deposit due to lack of job
                        No chance of passing credit checks due to i think 5 defaults on file since dec last year.
                        High private rental costs here in shrewsbury
                        Real snotty Estate agents and none of them are any good here.
                        I just genuinely dont think it will ever happen.

A pessimistic view point but a truthful one i might say

Comment

Well renting your EA can't see defaults!

Comment

lack of job
                            lack of deposit
                            No chance of passing credit checks due to i think 5 defaults on file since dec last year.

It could be worse....

Every day on way to work i Pass a guy (and his dog) living in the bus shelter.

Just think, you're actually better off than him as you have warmth, love and something to live for.

Question is, it's how you perceive things that really count. Sit down and consider all the words of wisdom within this thread. We're all much older and wiser matey.

That's the cold hard facts of the matter.
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              It could be worse....

Every day on way to work i Pass a guy (and his dog) living in the bus shelter.

Just think, you're actually better off than him as you have warmth, love and something to live for.

Question is, it's how you perceive things that really count. Sit down and consider all the words of wisdom within this thread. We're all much older and wiser matey.

That's the cold hard facts of the matter.

Ahem I dont know who you are calling old dearie.

But seriously, I know its always easy to say there are worse off people but I know what it is like to feel like your situation may feel really horrible to you. I get that.

Have you thought about really mapping out a plan for the next 6 months what YOU are going to do? Do you have a good support network someone to help you guide you with jobs etc.?

But, it really isn't all that bad

(wow can you tell I volunteer with the Samaritans lol)

Comment

lack of job
                                lack of deposit

I have an idea, if all the estate agents in your area are rubbish, then why don't you become one to raise the standard It's a profession which requires you to be computer literate (which you are) and that's about it. You need to be able to sell and I sense you'd be good at that too.

If you start with lettings you'll have a great time showing people around property and signing them up. It's as simple as that. Most agents need temps to work on a Saturday only to do viewings so you won't have childcare problems while your partner does her apprenticship during the week If you like it and they like you then you may get a permanent job. This month is peak season in the lettings business. You'll also get to see all the best properties as soon as they come on the books and before anyone else does

Comment

Working...
                                X