GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Yay more Fun - Housing Association Rental Repossession - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay more Fun - Housing Association Rental Repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yay more Fun

Maybe there's a reason for the drop in complaints when the old HO left. Perhaps he had a grudge against you or was a bit of a jobsworthy who saw everything as formal when it's also his job to calm things down and sort them out in a friendly way

If it was me I'd be asking for a meeting with your HA to try and sort this out between yourselves before you go on the attack in your Appeal letter (you can still do that after). Go for sympathy and understanding where possible. Maybe take along your partner and the little boy so they can see that you're a good bloke at heart who's been under pressure from a job loss with a family to support who's staring homelessness in the face if they do this to you - because that's the truth

One final bit of advice: keep the stereo turned down for a bit too

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

One final bit of advice: keep the stereo turned down for a bit too
      Its hardly ever on.

Missus prefers Tv and its never loud as not to wake up DS.
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

I had had letters about rent arrears and them taking issuing a notice of repossession (yes another one) due to them last week

Fired an email off to them and received another letter stating intend to serve notice of repossession beginning this week.

Fired another email off and had a response via email this morning saying
        Originally posted by Marches HA;
        I look forward to receiving payments when your JSA and Bank Account are
        sorted.
        So efffectively Kilasuit 1 MHA 0 (atm)
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Blimey, your Monday morning is off to a good start

Maybe go out and buy a lottery ticket next

Comment

Blimey, your Monday morning is off to a good start

Maybe go out and buy a lottery ticket next
            Cant afford to not have that £1 atm.

Almost no petrol in car
            NO sugar (no cuppa for me this morning)
            almost no milk

and i think that i've got about £3 atm. so i can sort 2 of them out but not the other one (until weds when we get CTC)

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post

Almost no petrol in car
              almost no milk

and i think that i've got about £3 atm. so i can sort 2 of them out but not the other one (until weds when we get CTC)
              There's a lottery draw on Wednesday night

Shouldn't you be entitled to an instant Crisis Loan to see you through to Wednesday because of the JSA suspension f-up

Comment

There's a lottery draw on Wednesday night

Shouldn't you be entitled to an instant Crisis Loan to see you through to Wednesday because of the JSA suspension f-up
                i didnt loose any JSA as sanction started on 19th i signed on on 18th so my payment came through on 23rd though i was a little worried about it

Comment

Almost no petrol in car
                  almost no milk

Found a few spare £'s so got milk sugar and a little bit bit of petrol admittedly only £4 but still £4 petrol is £4 petrol

Comment

That should be just enough to get you to see that Mother Who Knows Best you've been talking about

Comment

fuck fuck fuck just found this oh shit shit shit

I may have slightly messed up oh dear.

time to really press things further on with everything 2moro
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thats a notice to quit, now you realise as a tenant you have a lot more rights right?

I mean technically speaking a notice to quit is lovely but that doesn't mean you have to leave *ahem*

Comment

You have a child with the missus right?

There is sure start programs too to help with food milk etc.

Comment

fuck fuck fuck just found this oh shit shit shit

I may have slightly messed up oh dear.

time to really press things further on with everything 2moro
                            That's a Section 21 Notice because you have a fixed term tenancy not a rolling contract. The Landlord usually has the automatic right to possession at the end of the fixed term (12 months in your case). I doubt you can appeal it in theory because it's a no-fault notice (the Landlord doesn't have to give a reason). But if you sit tight the Landlord still can't get you out without seeking a possession order through the courts. This generally takes 3 - 5 months from start to finish and they can't start the process until the s.21 has expired on the 26th of August.

In the meantime you can make peace with the HA and they can withdraw that Notice. Since you are on a *Probationary* tenancy of 12 months they would have to offer you another kind of tenancy agreement when that one expires, because I don't think temporary tenancies can become Periodic Tenancies.

Talk to your contact at the CAB if I were you.

This may help explain more http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...ng_association
                            Last edited by PlanB; 1 August 2012, 09:10. Reason: added link

Comment

Something else has occured to me. Is the *Starter* Tenancy in joint names with your partner, and are the ASB complaints against just you (by name on the previous warnings) or both of you; because this may help you if the HA goes after eviction. A bit more info in this link on your legal rights as a *Starter* tenant which differ from normal tenancies but you do still have some rights!

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...rter_tenancies

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                                There was a case i read, about human rights in the context of housing

Heres a link, it may help

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/decid...essSummary.pdf
                                Thought it might help to remind you of Paul's link to a Supreme Court ruling on the eviction of tenants and their *Human Right* to be housed

Comment

Working...
                                X