GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say

As a result of some shocking recent case studies from the FOS, we are starting a new thread to deal with all cases of mis-treatment, abuse and wrongdoing.

Please do not be libellous in your post and instead stick to facts. Please tell us:

1. The complaint and who it was against
    2. The names of the persons dealing with your complaint
    3. The outcome
    4. Any grievances that suggest you were mistreated
    5. Other relevant info

We will then try and compile a list of flaws and take it to the powers that be.

Remember, this is not a witch-hunt against those amateurs that classify themselves as professionals. Nor is it a mission to humiliate people. This is an exercise to PROVE without shadow of a doubt that the FOS is biased to the banks, that the FOS get more than 70% of judgments wrong based on their lack of general legal matters such as simplistic CCA 1974 issues and that they stick together and use internal notes to pass around telling the other what to do.

I have someone on the inside who is happy to be our whistle-blower. Awesome news to me and something I will consider utilising if and when we decide to take class action against the service but for now, I need more case examples.

Thanks guys - lets now get stuck into these clowns that are ruining our lives with their absolutely ridiculous decisions.

Niddy :niddy

* legal disclaimer
    The content in this thread is not endorsed nor proof-read by AAD and as such opinions, views and content may be removed to protect the forum from libellous claims against us. Please ensure you also protect our integrity and use this facility as intended, to highlight the faults with the service based on your direct experience.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Financial Ombudsman Service - SuperComplaint

My email to the IA

Dear Mrs Costelloe Baker,

I write with some concerns regards the Ombudsman Service and have decided to email you as the IA, for a more mainstream and neutral point of view.

I am the webmaster of an up-and-coming consumer debt forum which sees a lot of users complain to the FOS, with stark contrasts in decisions and thus prior to our commencement of a formal super-complaint through our chosen partner I thought I would ask for your comments or advice as to what we can really do to get rid of the backhanders, ridiculous decisions, the ignoring of general and statute laws, the varying degree of judgments and the lack of professionalism and impartiality that runs rife within the FOS.

The above is not a generalised rant, but strict examples of cases JUST on our forum, ie the adjudicator writes with one decision then the Ombudsman goes against it ignoring all laws or for example the FOS refusing to award in the consumers favour, whilst omitting a major factor such as the account already being closed. We are perplexed, confused and obviously very upset at the way the Service and in particular the management and adjudicators seem powerless to actually manage.

I have a specific case which I will bring to your attention in due course involving me personally where I actually have a recording of the adjudicator confirming he's found in my favour - 3 days later he wrote to me saying he'd found in the banks favour even though the bank were at fault all along. I demanded his manager investigate and that the file was passed to another adjudicator - declined.

I then went to the ombudsman, who ignored all laws, precedent and factual statute such as s.87 / s.88 CCA 1974 instead opting to say "if you wish to utilise this then you must go through court" - yet at the same time he found the bank had acted unfairly by causing me to go overdrawn by adding this charge. So in one breath he said they should not have charged me but in the other he stated that they can leave the default even though had the bank not added a charge there would be no default.

See the problem with inconsistencies?

Anyway, as I am planning a full scale assault on the service, I have had legal clearance that what I propose is perfectly acceptable so long as we stick to facts, I am going to start a national campaign involving all consumer forums to come forward with bizarre FOS Adjudicator / Ombudsman decisions then we're going to 'out' them and publicly find out the persons past and present and post it publicly for all to see.

Like for example, how would you feel knowing a senior Ombudsman is married to a chief exec of Barclays? Obviously that would be seen as severely grossly unfair as that Ombudsman can never retain total transparency as his wife will no doubt be pulling his strings. Or the case of an adjudicator that works PT for RBS? There are many more similar haunting stories that we as a forum feel needs addressing.

As you imagine, we can cause a lot of trouble with the info we already have and before doing so I wanted to ask for your input, ie is there any other way we can go about things as we really don't want to be seen as the organisation that is trying to bring down the FOS.

I thank you for your time in this matter and look forward to your reply.

Name withheld for legal reasons, at this stage.

Never-in-Doubt
    Site Administrator and Owner
    allaboutFORUMS

Tel: 0844 6600571
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

May I refer to the FOS Adjudicators as Mr X on the Forum at this stage since I have three *service level* complaints currently going through their system, and should I wait for the end results before posting

I have two other *service level* complaints concluded. One with £300 comp from the FOS because the company went into administration while I was stuck in the queue and complaint was upheld 'posthumously' . The other a recommendation from the IA that I should make a claim for damages in court because even though the FOS upheld my complaint the Ombudsman missed the point of my financial loss when assessing the compensation

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          May I refer to the FOS Adjudicators as Mr X on the Forum at this stage since I have three *service level* complaints currently going through their system, and should I wait for the end results before posting
          I would wait until the end unless they have already made a pigs ear in which case please do name and shame those involved.....

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
            Brilliant!
            Your closed account farce is a good starting point..... being I refer to you in my email to the IA

Comment

This is just brilliant - talk about trying to hide cos you got caught with your trousers round your ankles or what!

Dear Niddy

Thank you for your e-mail of 24 April.

As you know, under DISP3.3.4(7) we can end our consideration of a complaint if its subject matter is being considered by a comparable dispute resolution service. Since it would appear that you would rather the ICO dealt with the issue of the credit reference entries, it may be better if I did not do so. Please let me know if you have any comment on that approach.

The complaint which you now appear to be making about the sale of the account is not, as far as I can see, something which you have previously raised with HSBC, or on which it has had the chance to comment. If you wish to raise those issues, you should first do so with the bank; if you are not satisfied with its response, you may be able to ask us to look at the matter, but I think we would have to treat it as a fresh complaint. Certainly, I shall not be able to address this new complaint in any final decision which I might issue in the context of your existing complaint.

Finally, I note that you have consulted a solicitor. If you would rather we dealt directly with them, please let me have the necessary contact details.

Yours sincerely

Michael Ingram
              Ombudsman
              michael.ingram@financial-ombudsman.org.uk
              To clarify this, I wrote to the CEO of HSBC in April 2011 confirming I did not want nor need this wasted policy. But hey, I never mentioned it right? READ THE BLOODY CASE NOTES MICHAEL

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Your closed account farce is a good starting point..... being I refer to you in my email to the IA
                OK Niddy
                As you know I have a shed full of moans against the FOS who always say that the CCA and laws regarding UE issues are nothing to do with them. We have given them acres of proof that accounts are flawed yet do they care – of course not!

However, for the moment I shall stick as you request to just one Complaint I made against Capital One.

This was involving 2 accounts – one that had a balance of around a thousand quid and the other about 200 quid.

The complaint was about:

Multiple mis selling of Payment Protection Insurance Policies
                Breaches of Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidelines
                Harassment by 3rd Party Agencies instructed by HBOS
                Breaches of Data Protection Act 1998
                Breaches of Consumer Credit Act 1974

FOS was informed with all data in October 2010.

Capital One stated in August 2010 that the small account was now “Partially settled and closed”.

Nevertheless, recently the FOS Ombudsman after her review on BOTH these accounts stated that:

“It is my understanding that the charges refund, coupled with the PPI refund will effectively, clear the balance owing on account ending xxxx.”

I have written back to ask her what she is playing at as she is hereby referring to the CLOSED account…

The bank said in 2010 it was “closed” yet the Ombudsman is saying any PPI and charges refund relating to both accounts will kill off the smaller closed account …

Is it me or???

Hope this helps...I can name names if required as you know..

I now await the pleasure of any response to my reply off the Ombudsman over this lark..
                Last edited by Batman; 18 June 2012, 14:13.

Comment

Still have all the letters between us on my x9 PPI policies Co-op complaint that took 3.5 years from start to finish.

Ill get it all out and go through it as they did totally fail and it was me that finally resolved it in the end with out any FOS input on the final offer.

Comment

I will have to list all my stuff, the amounts involved and number of accounts means in will be quite a list!!!!

Comment

Nice to see the FOS are reading this!!

Comment

Hanging their heads in total shame is what they should be doing here .....

The trusting UK Consumer deserves 'unbiased' fair play and this thread will prove beyond doubt that the reverse is the case...

Comment

How do you know Boss?

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                            Hanging their heads in total shame is what they should be doing here .....

The trusting UK Consumer deserves 'unbiased' fair play and this thread will prove beyond doubt that the reverse is the case...

I agree totally - So many people dont know what they are entitled to and just agree to what ever the FOS say I assume.

Shame on you FOS you are selling us down the river

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                              How do you know Boss?
                              I can view IP's and was watching who's online (it shows us what threads guests are in plus their IP)

Comment

Working...
                              X