GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Financial Ombudsman Service - SuperComplaint

I can feel a 3 month sabatical coming on because these people (FOS) are letting us down BIG TIME

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Next step accept Amex offer matey.

The IA can't deal with the merits of a complaint. Bummer
      Bummer.....

Maex have charge CI on charges and PPI ( V easy to prove) but say they havent and FOS believe em even though I have proved otherwise.

Stinks
      Last edited by MattyA; 20 September 2012, 21:43.

Comment

If its worth it go to court mate. Only you can make that call......
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Passed to sols and deadline is tomorrow for Amex to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
            Passed to sols and deadline is tomorrow for Amex to respond.
            Passed to what sols, at 11pm you have a solicitor...?

I'm not so sure Paul will be able to sue for missing PPI refunds, or is it not him you've referred to?

Obviously if you have proof of say £10k of refunds then it would be worthwhile taking action, however if it's a couple of grand it may not be....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

a new fact i learned at barclays 2day is that it costs companys £850 per complaint escalated to FOS instead of the old £500

I believe this was an "inflation" rise Lol
              I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                a new fact i learned at barclays 2day is that it costs companys £850 per complaint escalated to FOS instead of the old £500

I believe this was an "inflation" rise Lol
                Sorry still £500 for normail complaints but additional £350 fee for PPI complaints

Read It here
                I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Nice one - I can use that as a great stick to beat any cocky banks with again in future....having stung one or two already along the way to SB-land...lol

Comment

Morning all,

Got a response from FOS regarding Countrywide and it's either me or this guy contradicts himself.

I did speak with FOS and they are starting a complaint process for me which will lead to an independent review of the Ombudsman decision. In the meantime I have to write to them with my concerns so all comments welcome as always.

I'm off to work but will start an new thread when I return and post his decision.

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
                    "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Afternoon all,

New thread as promised Countrywide FOS - allaboutFORUMS

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Evening all,

If you want to have a real laugh in disbelief then take a look at the final I received last week

Sainsburys Charges Reclaim - Page 2 - allaboutFORUMS

Carole Auchterlonie is her name and boy she is full of shit.

This is a quote from her boss I received yesterday

"amongst other things - any relevant law and regulations"

When I pulled her up on this little matter and asked her to explain how this regulation had been followed

CCA s.88 (2)A date specified under subsection (1) must not be less than [14] days after the date of service of the default notice, and the creditor or owner shall not take action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) before the date so specified or (if no requirement is made under subsection (1)) before those [14] days have elapsed.

she totally froze up and refused to answer my question

Makes me bloody sick to my back teeth. They are so corrupt and they really son't give a shit that everyone knows they are.

Anyway, making an official complaint tomorrow morning with the OFT and the ICO have asked me to fill out their complaint form so they can look into what Sainsbury's have actually done.

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
                        Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 12 June 2013, 17:13.

Comment

Get the ICO in agreement FIRST so ask the adjudicator for a 30 day hold pending ICO clarity of incorrect default.

Do not send it to an ombudsman yet. Pointless.

I'm doing the same with a complaint. If mine works I'll send you my complaint to look at

Comment

Niall Taylor, ombudsman and former branch manager at Alliance and Leicester.

Now that’s being completely independent and unbiased in my opinion

Comment

Is this the right thread for Ombudsman complaints, as I have a big one against a stupid decision made by them and I'm considering further action (sadly my budget is rather limited)

Comment

Hi & welcome

Just click this to start a thread - http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/n...ewthread&f=219

We'll help best we can. As for taking action; against whom exactly? You cannot sue the FOS as they're only forming an opinion. It's not legally binding (like a court judgment) if one party declines the decision hence it'd be whoever you complained about that you'd be looking to sue.

Tell us more before doing anything hasty

Comment

Working...
                                X