GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Financial Ombudsman Service - SuperComplaint

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    Fortunately that one will be removed thanks to :niddy
    Hi FP,

Thanks for the info. Appreciated.

Can you explain your quote above? Confused

Cheers
    Scrappy Coco
    "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Afternoon All,

Well another classic case of a FOS shambles.

I've given up complaining directly to FOS at it's a complete waste on time and my effort.

Something needs to be done and the sooner the better as these muppets are making decisions based in information they got off the back of a fag packet.

In my honest opinion someone who is paid between £50-£75K should have at least some form of training or knowledge of the industry.

It's like me applying for a job as a doctor without ever having been to medical school. Right here you go Scrappy get on with it. If there's anything you don't understand just make any old b*llshit and get them out of here.

Moving on.

Had a PPI claim with RBS (Mint) credit card which they paid for 12 months and cleared the balance. I found another job and was using the card for travel etc. After 5 months in my new job the company when belly up.

Tried to make another claim on my PPI only to be told no can do as I hadn't been back in work for 6 months.

Asked RBS to advise where on the application for it stated that and was advised "Overleaf" well unless I'm completely mental there are no terms relating to PPI overleaf.

Went to FOS and to cut a long story short, I provided all the information I had. I especially made a point of highlighting the legal stuff and where RBS had fallen foul of the regulations etc.

"According to the UTCCRs, a standard term must be expressed in plain and intelligible language. A term is open to challenge if it could put the consumer at a disadvantage because he or she is not clear about its meaning - even if its meaning could be worked out by a lawyer. If there is doubt as to what a term means, the meaning most favourable to the consumer will apply. If you require further clarification please refer to the office of fair trading website.

This being the case, and no terms and condition relating to the PPI policy can be found overleaf I would suggest that the above statement would come into force and you would be required to make further payments to my credit card account.
      "

"31 .05.2005 the rules changed so the agreement containing the PPI what ever it was for would require a separate box for signing to say you want PPI"
      No separate box at all anywhere on the application form.

"Distant selling regulations - Point of Sale"

So today I receive a final decision from Gideon Moore which makes for interesting reading. With a name like that we can most likely guess where he went to school and what bank daddy works for our bloody well owns

"It is disppointing that, in this case RBS cannot confirm (by way of screenshot's) what information Scrappy Coco would have seen when he took out the policy. But in any event, I consider it more likely than not that it would only have drawn Scrappy Coco's attention to a summary of the policy - which may not have gone into enough detail to make the waiting period between different unemployment claims clear to him"

I supplied a copy of the application to FOS and there isn't anything at all relating to PPI on any of the documentation.

And this quote is the icing on the cake "I must have regard for the law in reaching my decision"

So in short he is allowing RBS to break the law more than once and not having a regard for it and tough on me.

I will scan his response and post it up later for you all to have a good laugh at.

Thanks
      Scrappy Coco
      Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 26 June 2012, 12:49.

Comment

Hi FP

Nice one. If only they were all that easy to get removed. Hopefully one day the tide will turn on these horrible, unscrupulous ar*ewipes for all the problems they have caused people through no fault of their own.

Don't play by our rules? OK we'll mess your life up for a while or for as long as we can.

Cheers
        Scrappy Coco

Comment

Interesting....

---> Financial Ombudsman Service problems, incompetent adjudicator and ombudsman

Click image for larger version

Name:	FOS1.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1387632

I am the administrator and yes I do have someone on the inside. We're anonymous for obvious reasons but the FOS will know who we are because they can link our cases to their files.

Thanks for the mention, but we're over 2yrs old now and not really 'new' anymore
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant stuff - sock it to 'em!

Comment

You can attach my thread from our FOS sub forum if you like , as we know there is a story of FOS and what wonderful people they are (not!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                You can attach my thread from our FOS sub forum if you like , as we know there is a story of FOS and what wonderful people they are (not!!!!)

Say that again, NO = enough said!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am curious. Are there any feasible links to the unhelpful, way FOS deal with many consumer complaints and the latest inter-bank interest rate-fixing fiasco? Quite possibly such a 'question' may be of interest to any potential FOS whistleblower? I only ask this due to the way in which FOS always appear to side with the banks when the desperate consumer is demanding action over lawful items such as alleged agreement enforceability status.

FOS ruling therefore based on the latter always helps the bank and not the consumer, if you see what I mean…?

Comment

one area in my case the complaint is with Ombudsman, an area where no CCA found the Adudicator states without seeing one no comment can be made, however taking into account all of the complaint the complaint against Bank was not held. Even a faulty default makes no difference as if I had not made the required payment as per default then the fact I could not of corrected it means I am not prejudiced by it, and other things get same answer. Including Bank solicitors stating events which they now admit were untrue same response from adjudicator.
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 July 2012, 09:07.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Would it be possible to add my Barclays Bank Charges (Financial Hardship) complaint?

You probably remember my letter Niddy - I didnt really give FOS a chance to investigate - I told them what to do, what to say, what Barclays had done wrong, what they should have done, what they didnt do and what rules and regs they had broken etc etc. (including the FOS guidleines)

Comment

Some very interesting posts, i actually never realized they had such a poor reputation...i live in a world of my own

Just to add that i had a complaint recently against Shop Direct...nothing on the scale i have read on here....just telephone harassment.....and the person dealing with my complaint was very helpful,and kept me up to date at all times...
                        Got the result today that the complaint has gone in my favour....
                        Based on my very limited use of the service i found it to be ok....
                        However.....i do have a PPI dispute going on with Nationwide, and that is being dealt with by FOS, and as yet 4 months down the line i am yet to hear anything about the case.....
                        So 50/50 good/bad in my situation...
                        Steve

Comment

Evening all,

Well another FOS classic.

Northern Rock admitted in writing that they mis-sold me MPI (Mortgage Protection Insurance) but their underwriter refused to let me make another claim and they said I had bought SLPI (Secured Loan Protection Insurance) and under the terms of this I had to be in work for 6 months to future claims.

My paperwork even states MPI as I had a mortgage with Northern Rock. The terms of the MPI clearly state 3 months for future claims.

So Northern Rock and Cardiff Pinnacle kept blaming each other while I'm stuck in the middle.

Went to FOS and low and behold the Ombudsman (Graham Booth) hasn't upheld my complaint as I haven't suffered a financial loss.

So I called and asked to speak with him and he refused. So asked for his boss. She was pleasant enough but said she couldn't overrule him. Even though she agreed with me in principle that Northern Rock admitting liability should force them to allow another claim I would have to take them to court.

So once again the totally bias FOS ignore the fact that Northern Rock admitted liability and disregarded the terms and conditions which they are legally bound by.

I've lost all faith in FOS. They are a complete waste of time.

I have another complaint regarding an investment which because of the company's delays (didn't cash in the policy until 2 weeks after receiving notification) it cost me nearly £5k in lost revenue due to the markets taking a nosedive. No doubt FOS will say they did nothing wrong an I'll have to swallow the loss. Makes me so fecking angry. Tossers.

Thanks as always
                          Scrappy Coco

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
                            Evening all,

Well another FOS classic.

Northern Rock admitted in writing that they mis-sold me MPI (Mortgage Protection Insurance) but their underwriter refused to let me make another claim and they said I had bought SLPI (Secured Loan Protection Insurance) and under the terms of this I had to be in work for 6 months to future claims.

My paperwork even states MPI as I had a mortgage with Northern Rock. The terms of the MPI clearly state 3 months for future claims.

So Northern Rock and Cardiff Pinnacle kept blaming each other while I'm stuck in the middle.

Went to FOS and low and behold the Ombudsman (Graham Booth) hasn't upheld my complaint as I haven't suffered a financial loss.

So I called and asked to speak with him and he refused. So asked for his boss. She was pleasant enough but said she couldn't overrule him. Even though she agreed with me in principle that Northern Rock admitting liability should force them to allow another claim I would have to take them to court.

So once again the totally bias FOS ignore the fact that Northern Rock admitted liability and disregarded the terms and conditions which they are legally bound by.

I've lost all faith in FOS. They are a complete waste of time.

I have another complaint regarding an investment which because of the company's delays (didn't cash in the policy until 2 weeks after receiving notification) it cost me nearly £5k in lost revenue due to the markets taking a nosedive. No doubt FOS will say they did nothing wrong an I'll have to swallow the loss. Makes me so fecking angry. Tossers.

Thanks as always
                            Scrappy Coco
                            Hi,
                            The FOS are nothing but bankers bitches, it dosnt matter whether you have right on your side as well as evidence they just ignore it, as you can tell I am bitter, I had the evidence the adjudicator BITCH just ignored it and agreed with the bank

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                              Hi,
                              The FOS are nothing but bankers bitches, it dosnt matter whether you have right on your side as well as evidence they just ignore it, as you can tell I am bitter, I had the evidence the adjudicator BITCH just ignored it and agreed with the bank
                              Same with me in the end I cut out the FOS and went back to negotiation with the Bank and finally got redress after a 3 yr battle.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                                Same with me in the end I cut out the FOS and went back to negotiation with the Bank and finally got redress after a 3 yr battle.
                                Hi,
                                We are requesting info from the BITCH regarding how she arrived at her decision but no answer as yet surprise surprise but we will go to court and let a judge decide, win or lose at least we know he will be impartial.

Comment

Working...
                                X