GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Financial Ombudsman Service - SuperComplaint

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
    I will double check as the policy document had to be sent back with the surrender paperwork and I think it was on the back of that.

If I haven't got it, I will SAR them

Cheers
    Scrappy Coco
    or ask for a copy..... no need to SAR.

So did they decline your complaint for the same reason as the fos?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes they did but didn't offer and explanation. Very short letter from them offering £100 compensation and that's our final decision.

Cheers
      Scrappy Coco
      "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
        Yes they did but didn't offer and explanation. Very short letter from them offering £100 compensation and that's our final decision.

Cheers
        Scrappy Coco
        You need the policy document..... In the meantime, I would email the adjudicator and state "I am requesting the policy document from Countrywide, please place this complaint on hold until such time they respond to my request".....

That is all you need to do for now, without that you are wasting your time as the terms will tell you what should happen. If you did what the terms state you'll win, if not then sadly this decision may stand.

Just contact Countrywide (call them) and ask for a copy of the policy document terms relevant to your now surrendered account

Keep us updated.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers NID
          "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Hiya

Ok, you're going to hate me here - that is what should happen. A policy cannot be surrendered until all relevant info and ID has been received. In a nutshell, had you sent the claim and the ID at the same time then you'd have had the unit price set correctly (ie in July), BUT as they waited for info, they applied it at the date the info was enough to complete a surrender.

I am sitting on the fence, but from my time within insurance, that's how I see it. Countrywide are an IFA - not an insurer, who was the policy with?
            Niddy I think in this case it's Countrywide the insurer, I think though they may be non trading now. They used to mainly sell though tied agents in estate agents.

As for the the problem, I've seen it happen both ways, it depends on what the companies process is, but it does seem that they should have informed the clients of all the info that was required at outset for surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
              Niddy I think in this case it's Countrywide the insurer
              Yea we found it and I linked to it above mate

Ok, that makes more sense ---> Countrywide Assured - Providers of long term financial protection

Countrywide (on it's own) is an amalgamated IFA..... my confusion.

Comment

Good luck Scrappy - i feel your pain I HATE COUNTRYWIDE with a vengence!

Comment

Country wide do suck lol...

Comment

Yea we found it and I linked to it above mate
                    Yep saw that after I posted, thats what happens when you get a phone call half way though a posting

Also in the trade they where known as being crap along with the like of Lincoln life, Target life etc!!!
                    Last edited by mgfboy; 20 September 2012, 16:14.

Comment

• Re: Financial Ombudsman Service - SuperComplaint

We are dedicated in what we do here hence our info is usually bang up to date and can be vouched for.

yes, if you complain about the adjudicator to the team manager then they may offer compo for the inconvenience and then reassign it to a checking adjudicator (case review handler).

If you do it your way, you miss this out and it gets fast tracked to the Ombudsman. Sod that, I like to argue and kick up a stink.

Batman must have had about a grand in compo from the FOS to date, I have had just shy of £600 in 2 complaints as well. That is compo from the service for the way they handled the complaint

Stick to our route, works best mate

Time for me to join in here also - adjudicator and Omdudsman have knocked me back (stuck together!) on what is really a no brainer........V simple maths - but they wont have it and have simply stuck with believed what the bank (Amex - cheating lieing bastards) have told them.

Next step is.....?

Matty

Comment

Next step accept Amex offer matey.

The IA can't deal with the merits of a complaint. Bummer

Comment

• Re: Financial Ombudsman Service - Super Complaint

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                          I think the whole of FOS is out of it's depth, in that it can't recruit enough people with the experience to review cases.

As far as I know they is no minimum qualifications that an adjudicator/ombudsman needs to get a job and I would be very interested in see what their internal training is like once they have one. I have to prove to the FSA that I'm competent in what I do so who does FOS have to prove it's staff competence to?????

I might apply for a job there ( but I bet I would be barred because of my credit history!!!!)

I've attached a file showing what they are looking for, it really makes you laugh!!!

Lol MGF Boy - I could do this job & I think I would be good at it but alas my credit history / file could be a problem.

Comment

Here's a challenge.

We (AAD) will sponsor someone to get a job there and whistle blow. Blow the service wide open

PM me if interested and we'll sort something out. Serious replies only please.

Let's video the whole shambles and let the world see the real FOS!!

Could be tempted but live a bit far away.......but could do with 3 months away from Mrs

Comment

FOS don't credit check you

Comment

Available: Undercover video equipment lol .... you find the person Ill provide the equipment lol

Comment

Working...
                                X