GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Financial Ombudsman Service - SuperComplaint

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
    Hi,
    The FOS are nothing but bankers bitches, it dosnt matter whether you have right on your side as well as evidence they just ignore it, as you can tell I am bitter, I had the evidence the adjudicator BITCH just ignored it and agreed with the bank

Some people are learning fast what a fraud the system is.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Its time to update this thread with my Amex battle - the fos upheld my claim re charges and the mis-selling of PPI but agreed with Amex that they didnt charge interest at contract rate on any charges or PPI premiums - Bollox
      I have proved otherwise with copy statements going back to the year dot - the maths isnt rockect science .....but the FOS just dont get it & have decided that I have recieved a decent offer despite it being £6K light!!

Matty

Comment

As you know I am up for a fight & the time is now with this lot

Matty

Comment

You know after reading through this, its clear that there should be a way to appeal higher than the FOS decision without having to go to court.

I mean, HMRC are BAD when it comes to decisions, but at least the apeal process means that i can refer to an independant review, and even if that doesnt work, i have a tribunal process i can take as my last step.

These guys are a law unto themselves.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They are a law unto themselves , I've taken them as far as they can with the independent adjudicator and she can only look at process and not the actual case.

The problem is the people they employee are just jumped up traffic wardens that have basically no experience in the real world of FS.

If I lived in London I would get a job there just to see what it's really like.

Comment

Afternoon All,

Here we go again.

Had an endowment policy which we cashed in and because of the delays caused by Countrywide the fund value dropped by £1600 approx.

Went to FOS and guess what??? Yes the Adjudicator (xxxxxxx) has ruled in Countrywide's favor.

You couldn't make it up. From the day we requested the surrender forms to the day they actually surrendered the policy was 25 days.

Countrywide caused delay after delay yet have done nothing wrong.

So I called her up and asked to speak with her manager who wasn't available. So I proceeded to tell her that she wasn't qualified to do her job and if her manager doesn't call me back today I shall be paying them a personal visit.

I'm going to request that another adjudicator looks at this case who is actually qualified to do so before and an Ombudsman gets their hands on it and basically sends me the same format letter as the adjudicator.

What a bunch of

Cheers
              Scrappy Coco
              Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 26 January 2013, 12:23. Reason: Removed adjudicator name.
              "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

The FOS cannot look at the fact of depreciation, they can only get involved in the merit of right and wrong, ie were you treated fairly etc...

What was the Adjudicator reason?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Listen Scrappy get this straight & now = Reply that you are not happy with the response given and the subject answers and now wish foir the case to be reviewed by the Ombudsman (trouble can takke up to a year) or so. I did on another subject - still waiting. good luck!
                  Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 20 September 2012, 11:56.

Comment

To summarise, the surrender valuation date was set on the day that all relevant forms were received and I am not of the opinion that Countrywide is responsible for a delay.

25 days after we sent them back recorded next day delivery and signed for.

But in between this time they asked for proof of who we were. This was provided by a District Judge (Family Friend) Copies of our passports, Proof of Signatures, Banks Details.

And only once they received all this information (Separate requests for each item) did they finally surrender the policy.

As all this information was requested when the initial phone call was made. So I am lost for words.

Comment

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
                      Listen Scrappy get this straight & now = Reply that you are not happy with the response given and the subject answers and now wish foir the case to be reviewed by the Ombudsman (trouble can takke up to a year) or so. I did on another subject - still waiting. good luck!
                      No no - that is not how to behave with the FOS. When it goes to Ombudsman then you're out of luck so we always suggest arguing with the adjudicator as much as you can including a complaint to the team manager (free compo) complaining about the adjudicator then as a last resort you go to the ombudsman.

Never jump in with ombudsman demands, they are not our friend and generally find against us....
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
                        To summarise, the surrender valuation date was set on the day that all relevant forms were received and I am not of the opinion that Countrywide is responsible for a delay.

25 days after we sent them back recorded next day delivery and signed for.

But in between this time they asked for proof of who we were. This was provided by a District Judge (Family Friend) Copies of our passports, Proof of Signatures, Banks Details.

And only once they received all this information (Separate requests for each item) did they finally surrender the policy.

As all this information was requested when the initial phone call was made. So I am lost for words.
                        do the terms actually state that they will use the price upon surrender, of completed ID or do they say they will use the price as at the date you request surrender...?

I guess the terms are the key to this query.....

Comment

Cheers GANGSHIELD

I will certainly be making my views known to them that's for sure.

I just can't believe that once again a financial institution has caused the delays yet has done nothing wrong

Cheers
                          Scrappy Coco

Comment

Hi NID,

I will have to dig them out and double check.

What I can't understand is why all this information wasn't requested upon receipt of the surrender forms.

Why send separate requests for each item delaying matters?

Cheers
                            Scrappy Coco

Comment

Wow complain to the Manager? more mis info from another site. Mind you I like Scrappys having a go at the Adjudicator though = nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
                                Hi NID,

I will have to dig them out and double check.

What I can't understand is why all this information wasn't requested upon receipt of the surrender forms.

Why send separate requests for each item delaying matters?

Cheers
                                Scrappy Coco
                                Another area on contention - good question?

Comment

Working...
                                X