GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone with Npower? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with Npower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with Npower?

I got a phone call today from Npower - After a 35 min call I agreed to switch from Socttish Hydro but I've never dealt with anyone except the Hydro.

I've been looking for complaints from customers about Npower but can't find anything recent (there are a few from 2008) so I was wondering if anyone was with them and if so, what are they like?
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Re: Anyone with Npower?

No personal experience of Npower but have a look at this--> http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/01/...panies-242012/

Comment

They give you a 14 day cooling off period...think I've cooled off already!

Thanks Swanny!

Comment

Personally was with Eon and now with Scottish Power, both given me no problems.

Npower I would personally avoid like the plague, even if they could cut my bills in half, I would never use them (I worked for them a while back in customer services - and my experiences put me off forever!)

Whoever you choose to go with, don't forget to check if you can get cashback via a cashback site (such as Top Cashback). It takes a while to go through, sometimes around three months or more, but you can get quite a few quid back, which is always a nice bonus!

Diddly
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I've definitely cooled off now...Thanks Diddles!!

Comment

I'd agree...we switched from scottish power to Npower had NO end of trouble with em & half the time 90% of the bills were always wrong

we switched back once we moved to scottish power again..and fingers crossed no problems YET (in over 3yrs)

Comment

I phoned today to cancel...the woman said that the correct department hasn't been passed my details as yet but had done some kind of cancellation note anyway!

Comment

Sorry just seen this as not been around

DON'T GO WITH N POWER!

The ex changed to them some time back, and all was going ok ish then they put my monthly DD up to I think something like £120 for gas and £100 for elec - i told them this was too much and it was only because of the winter months etc... and lo and behold come the summer i was in hundreds of pounds of credit with them but he refused to change my DD.

I had terrible trouble getting the money back that they had in credit so finally decided to change so now with British Gas and even after my winter readings i pay £55 for gas and £30 for electric.

so for me N power is a big big NO NO

x

Comment

Britons face jump in energy bills, Bank of England warns

Britons face massive rises in their gas and electricity bills, the Bank of England warned as it laid out its latest forecasts for inflation.

The Bank's projections for the economy assume that between the coming July and March next year the UK will see a 15pc rise in domestic gas prices and a 10pc rise in domestic electricity prices.

Just three months ago, the Bank was only expecting a 5pc increase for households' gas prices to come in.......More on All About Forums News:

A Mention about SSE Utilities as well:
                  Energy firm guilty of mis-selling to doorstep customers

Scottish & Southern Energy (SSE), has been found guilty of tricking people into switching from their existing energy firms.

SSE's sales agents had used misleading sales scripts when talking to people on their doorsteps, between September 2008 and July 2009. It had claimed they were paying too much to their current suppliers when this was not the case......More on All About Forum News:
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just what I need...

Comment

Oh that's just great ain't it.

What next, petrol prices to rise.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                        Oh that's just great ain't it.

What next, petrol prices to rise.
                        Maybe!!

Comment

I'm about to unleash the fury on Npower...wish them luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                            I'm about to unleash the fury on Npower...wish them luck!!
                            They'll be learning some new words.

Comment

They certainly will Swanny
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X