GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone with Npower? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with Npower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone with Npower?

Why would you put a complete numpty in the complaints department?!!
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

She's really pi$$ing me off!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
        Numpty Monkey is in the complaints department?

Comment

I would back up what everyone has said here, I was with BG on the essentials tariff due to my disabilities.

Had a door step salesman from npower knock my door with the usual bullshite pitch I told him that as I am on the essentials tariff due to my disabilities I have doubts if it could be beaten.

He said "sure we can beat any current tariff" so we switched thinking that we would be on a similar tariff.

Well that was not the case we where put on there standard tariff.

I did get it sorted in the end and returned to BG without penalty however they will lie through there teeth just to get a sale.

I am now waiting for asda or tesco to join the ranks in the hope they will challenge the energy market head on.

The Co-operative also now sell energy and if you are a co-op member you get a £50 sweetener at the beginning as well as the points on every payment.

One of many links on the web

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...f-Big-Six.html

Regards
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2 July 2011, 14:00.

Comment

O.k I cancelled the verbal contract during the cooling off period and all was well - Scottish Hydro said everything was fine and I'll stay with them...

Then I got a letter saying that they were sorry to see me leaving etc and then the next day I got a letter welcoming me to Npower...so, I phoned Npower to be told that they'd put through 2 contracts for me on the same day and as the 2nd 1 hadn't been cancelled within the 14days, it was valid - wtf? Oh that's right, I wanted 2 accounts for the same address

Been on the phone to both Scottish Hydro and Npower and if they don't sort it out between them, neither of them will be getting a f00king penny off me and I'll go elsewhere!

Comment

angelic,

You are probably better of staying with who you have for now as they all follow each others price increases.

Then see what Asda, Tesco and the Co-op come up with.

In time they will have to challenge the supermarkets and that should bring fairer pricing.

Regards

Comment

I'll leave Scottish Hydro in protest, I've given them a fortune over the years...I don't owe them anything anyway, they owe me money!!

Comment

Been on the phone to both Scottish Hydro and Npower and if they don't sort it out between them, neither of them will be getting a f00king penny off me and I'll go elsewhere!
                  Don't bet on them to sort it out.

My supplier was changed without my knowledge, the first i knew of it was a letter saying "Sorry you're leaving us."

Neither sorted it out & i had to complain to the ombudsman--> Ombudsman Services: Energy

Comment

Angelic,

Indeed, and that is probably the general feeling amongst consumers of the main 6 suppliers.

The regulators also have a lot to say also I believe as they have not done enough to regulate pricing.

They are as much use as a wet fish in an empty pool of water.

Regards

Comment

I'm not there
                      It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
                        I'm not there
                        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

I'm with Npower, and all I can say is take a photo at every meter reading!
                          Our local Meterplus guy got me a nice £1400 quarterly bill last year, just for the electric. Luckily I spotted it before they took the vastly increased DD. He'd put down a ridiculous reading, stated as actual. When I went out to check the exterior meter box, the cupboard obviously hadn't been opened for months judging by the spiders webs, LOL. Took a pic and the actual reading was waaaay lower.
                          I got this rectified, then forgot about it till a couple of months ago when I noticed there wasn't as much in my bank account as there should be...
                          Lo and behold a massive monthly electricity DD of £240 had been taken out.
                          Bloody guy had done it again, hadn't even read the meter, just put an estimate in as an actual fiigure.
                          Took me ages to sort it, lots of pics. They refused to refund the difference in the DD's till I kicked off and got it all back. No explanation as to this guy's conduct.

Last week someone left a card to say they called to read the meter while I was out..(gas one is inside, electricity is easily accessible on outside). The bloody electric cupboard hadn't been opened again.
                          More pics were taken. My bills not due till October though, which is odd.
                          I think I'll superglue the cupboard door shut next time...

Comment

Dont do DD - as it can sting when they make mistakes ALL the time - leaving those less unfortunate. Come to think of it i only have one DD 'tv license' which is hardly on in the shack lol. The rest gets paid on the day when meter reading is given quartley

Looks out of shack window - Ooooh look a bright red shirt - Npower Rep with a clipboard 'have some moonshine and forget it, its a lovely day'
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

5corpio,

Could not agree more as DD just puts them in control of your funds, Furthermore why should those that chose an alternative payment method be penalised with an additional charge on there bills.

That is a clear rip off and is in the same arena as credit card booking charges.

Regards

Comment

Quite right..if I DON'T use DD I lose the £100 a year discount. They're simply charging people £100 too much, it should be the same for any payment method, end of. Once my contract finishes I'll be switching again.

Comment

Working...
                                X