GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone with Npower? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with Npower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone with Npower?

That's "Direkt Debit."
    Last edited by The Debt Star; 4 July 2011, 13:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
      Seems Npower is for sale, according to The Telegraph..
      Read More..
      Read about that this morning, was going to post - but wasn't near a puter!, but someone else got there before moi!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Submitted the Gas/Electric readings last night this is so far: E-mail today to confirm the Gas bill for the Qtr (4th Apr-4th June): £48 = £16 p/mth = £4.00 p/wk

Gas Cooker
        Gas Boiler for Shower/Heating.........

Provider: British Gas - Websaver11
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
          Submitted the Gas/Electric readings last night this is so far: E-mail today to confirm the Gas bill for the Qtr (4th Apr-4th June): £48 = £16 p/mth = £4.00 p/wk

Gas Cooker
          Gas Boiler for Shower/Heating.........

Provider: British Gas - Websaver11
          Grrrr...... don't rub it in! We pay more than that for one month!

Comment

Gets even better
            Electric bill for Qtr just gone for the same above supplier and tariff:
            £59

All genuine, no mistakes by them or me on readings or bills!

Comment

Hmmmm, wish my bills would come near! Costs me £1 a day just for enough hot water for showering
              If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

5corpio,

Do you live alone ? are you in a flat ?

Perhaps you would like to share your secrets on how you manage to keep your energy bills low.

Regards

Comment

one light bulb in her flat, acts as central heating too

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    5corpio,

Do you live alone ? are you in a flat ?

Perhaps you would like to share your secrets on how you manage to keep your energy bills low.

Regards
                    Single glazed window - 2 Bedroom Flat (Winter Gas bill is about £150 for the Qtr though)
                    * Both at work all day

All appliances are switched off at mains - apart from the Fridge & Freezer, Washing machine used once a week (No Tumbleweed dryer), , Hoover when i get around to it lol, Other appliances used Mobiles, Laptops, TV & Freesatbox, Dvd player, Kettle, Oven, Condense Boiler for heating (as when required) & for the shower!

* Just make sure your NOT on the standard Tariff
                    * Switch ALL Appliances OFF when NOT in the house
                    * Find the best deal on your Utility
                    * Don't USE DD (as they ALWAYS take MORE than whats required from your Account (You'll FIND that you'll be in Credit ALL the time with your Utility company over the ODD's)

Comment

Lol Scorpio! An alternative is to sit around a lighted candle. But, even more cost effective is not to light it! lol - just kidding.

We switched from 'French Gaz' (BG) to Eon recently and have noticed an improvement in costs and service - thus far (always reluctant to sing their praises as I may end up posting against them on here sooner or later!).

We pay £48 pm for Gas AND elctricity. House, family of 4. Doesn't seem too bad? Its on one of these economy packages but not THE most efficient package as they insisted on Direct Debit for that -and I avoid DDs with as far as humanly possible. Especially with utilities.
                      Last edited by The Debt Star; 5 July 2011, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                        Lol Scorpio! An alternative is to sit around a lighted candle. But, even more cost effective is not to light it! lol - just kidding.

We switched from 'French Gaz' (BG) to Eon recently and have noticed an improvement in costs and service - thus far (always reluctant to sing their praises as I may end up posting against them on here sooner or later!).

We pay £48 pm for Gas AND elctricity. House, family of 4. Doesn't seem too bad? Its on one of these economy as they insisted on Direct Debit for that and I avoid DDs with as far as humanly possible. Especially with utilities.
                        Forgot, we do have light bulbs - but the OH gets to use a flint & strike method to see along the corridor at night - works out £35 p.mth for electric & Gas combined = £8.75 p/wk for - i think that when everything is broken down by weekly from Qtr to Mthly it looks a lot less

Comment

£35 pm -vs- my £48 pm sounds about right given that (I assume?) there are twice as many of us in our household than the Scorpios, so its a useful comparator. Although you're with French Gaz - pls don't get me on that topic!

Comment

TIP: If your with British Gas, and can only dial from a Mobile Phone, you'll find that you get charged for dialing an 0800 number to their customer support.

On the other hand, and you have a iPhone, and download the FREE App called '0800' - you can use the '0800 - app' keypad and enter the 0800 xxxxxxx number and it will convert it to a Landline number

Result: No charge on your Mobile phone Bill for dialing an 0800 number again, British Gas landline number is: 0117 368 9672

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                              TIP: If your with British Gas, and can only dial from a Mobile Phone, you'll find that you get charged for dialing an 0800 number to their customer support.

On the other hand, and you have a iPhone, and download the FREE App called '0800' - you can use the '0800 - app' keypad and enter the 0800 xxxxxxx number and it will convert it to a Landline number

Result: No charge on your Mobile phone Bill for dialing an 0800 number again, British Gas landline number is: 0117 368 9672
                              i must quote with reference above:

when it converts to a landline number, YOU STILL PAY for the call, but @ LANDLINE RATE (Or if you have FREE Minutes, then it uses YOUR FREE Mins on your tariff)

Comment

That's a very handy tip. Mine isn't an iPhone, but hopefully HTC do something similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X