GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone with Npower? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with Npower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone with Npower?

18 months ago Npower advised they were going to increase my DD by about £25.00 per month. As I was already £35.00 in credit, I rang immediately and asked why.

I was told that they were estimating forward what electricity I would use.

I pointed out that the way they were estimating forward, I would have to leave the water heater on all day, all the lights, continually boil the kettle etc.. you get the picture.

4 months later I received a further advice that they were reducing my DD by £8.00 per month.. hmmmmm !!

On Thursday, I received a statement/bill to advise that they were increasing my DD by £1.76 per month to reflect the increase in pricing and they would also be refunding me £87.00 into my bank account on or around the 11th July !!

I think their bills are extremely difficult to understand.

Comment

Read yesterday apparently prepayment is the second cheapest way to pay now with most companies, after DD. Our DD is set not to quite cover the bill, so we then make an extra payment occasionally to reduce the balance while still getting the benefit of paying by DD.

Totally agree that it should be one fee all round though, and as for increasing quickly and reducing prices slowly in line with the market price - don't go there, that really gets me going!

Comment

i think they/this should go about like what they've done with the Hidden charges on Debit cards and CC, charges fees.

FORUM News Link: Hidden card charges for travel tickets to be banned LINK
        Direct Link to: OFT

All because they want to make a Huge Quick Buck!! for me to save £9 on my Power company on DD and my Mobby doesn't make a difference, its the itemising billing they charge: Carphone warehouse one of the worst of its kind £2.50 Duh!

I think the next in line that the OFT should do is, attack the Utility companies on these over priced DD
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

5corpio,

Totally agree and was my point in post 29. I have a prepayment key for my leccy and the gas is by prepayment card.

I do this purely because being on benefits it is easier for me to manage.

Regards

Comment

I would also add: NEVER GO TO FRENCH (AKA BRITISH) GAS, EITHER.

I could add dozens of posts on the subject but am led to believe that now they are owned by a French company the whole culture of customer care has changed, in much the same way as bank Abbey National changed when Santander took over.

BG fire off adverse data to the CRAs like there's no tomorrow. I have just finished a 3 month long running battle with BG to get adverse data taken off my OH's CRFs and it was a gruelling challenge, let me tell ya.
            Last edited by The Debt Star; 3 July 2011, 19:16.

Comment

DS,

You ought to me a mod in the Defaults section, you have such vast knowledge and experience of it. Whenever anybody posts and overlooks the data aspect, you are always the first to point it out.

Good on you! (and YOU know I don't hand out compliments easily!)

Thank you!

Comment

Truth be told, Mr Niddy is the man when it comes to CRA stuff. No other forum comes near AAD on the subject imo.

But yes, I do have a good and growing knowledge about default removal tactics now and am generally successful in that area.

The key to my mind is sheer bloody minded persistence and taking no prisoners. Also, learning the shortcuts.

It'd be easy to hijack this thread talking about my recent battle with 'French Gas' so its best not to go there.
                Last edited by The Debt Star; 3 July 2011, 19:31.

Comment

But seriously, you seem to succeed in getting defaults removed far more than anyone else. I don't believe that is all down to Niddy cos I know damn well it was happening before you even knew Niddy existed!

Great that you're here and we can pick your brains on the topic.

Comment

Back to topic Mr Former-Community Now Local Moderator!

Comment

Maybe, but I've got loads of defaults that need removing!

Agree that French Gas are terrible. They put adverse data on your CRF if you're 1 day late paying your bill. Horrible creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                        Maybe, but I've got loads of defaults that need removing!

Agree that French Gas are terrible. They put adverse data on your CRF if you're 1 day late paying your bill. Horrible creatures.
                        ABSOLUTELY.

In my OH's case they entered 2 defaulted accounts based on one of their vicious monthly payment plans bullied out of us by the Indian callcentre. We weren't even on those plans when they did the dirty. But it has taken a bloddy long time to get it sorted.

Je dis non au Gaz Française!

Comment

Seems Npower is for sale, according to The Telegraph..

RWE sale of npower 'threat to energy industry investment'

Britain's desire to boost investment and competition in the energy sector will be threatened if German utility group RWE presses ahead with a £5bn sale of npower, MPs have warned.

Read More..

Comment

Ok. It might become B-Power (Belgian Power) before too long

Edit: Oops, make that D-Power (Deutsche Power)
                            Last edited by The Debt Star; 4 July 2011, 08:41.

Comment

Gaz mit uns

Comment

Vorsprung durch Direct Debit!

Comment

Working...
                                X