GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help , particularly from NID - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help , particularly from NID

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help , particularly from NID

Last edited by Johnpj; 6 September 2011, 17:15.

Re: Help , particularly from NID

The first thing I would do is run a credit check across the 3 main agencies to see what recorded that should also give you a rough idea of your credit rating.

Will the car be leased in your name or the companies, if the company pay it might be easier but you would have to pay P11D benefit.

On the loan it depends what it's for , if it for business purposes go and see the business bank manager and hopefully he will understand the relationship between you and the other director and see the affordability is there. Your accountant may be able to offer some guidence as well.

On the credit card I would be guided by what your credit record says.

Hope this helps

Comment

Have live access to all three CRA, have done all through BK. However, just because all negative stuff dropped off, I am not silly enough to assume the best. I need help here.

Car lease will be personal, tax implications wrong for company.

Loan is to buy shares and to repay business partner some money he lent me, although I might say it's for something else like a car. This is as per above notes re my agreement with business partner.
      Last edited by Johnpj; 6 September 2011, 13:17.

Comment

Last edited by Johnpj; 6 September 2011, 17:29.

Comment

Fair enough, do you have the credit score no's?

These days apart from credit scoring , the big byword is affordability or deposit.

On the car loan if you take out HP at least they have the security of the car so as long as you have a deposit you should be able to get a loan.

On funding the business/purchase of share capital , I think your best bet is going to your own bank, because if you go to another they will ask all the questions and I certainly think even though you are discharged you will still need to declare that you have been a bankruptcy.

The other more radical option is to move the business banking to another bank and build your requirements into the move.

Comment

I'm not sure this forum is best suited for your needs, based on some previous comments.

---> MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - Shop Direct Finance / MKRR / MKDP LLP

Your red comment at the bottom is against all we stand for here. Debtors do not look for "tactics to avoid repayment" at all. We fight back stronger, harder & dirtier in line with legislative powers available at our disposal.

Your previous comment, as quoted above, was sent to me by a user who was slightly confused as to why you'd come to a forum that does the opposite of what you believe?

I am very protective of our forum, the users and our ethos. Therefore just a friendly reminder that such comments on our forum will not be tolerated. Otherwise have fun and no fighting with our mods; you know that fermi is one of mse's better assets and is very clued up in the regard of your little spat.

Just thought I'd remind you of that.... Not many are as clued up as that guy when it comes to cra's....

Hope you enjoy it here (and behave)!

Niddy :niddy
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Regards your predicament; I think you'd be best prioritising and applying for things in an order of relevance. Your partner cannot expect you to just go and "fill your boots" with credit; not only is it silly it's unreasonable.

What I'd be suggesting is;

1. Why change the car into your own name? It's not broken so don't fix it, leave this in his name as it won't affect anything regardless of who's name it's in;

2. The loan - is it "really" necessary? Why get one unless it's imperative to business survival? Again, it's irresponsible to just borrow cos you can...

3. Open a new account with a new bank that has no history on you. Also a bank can oy rely on internal notes for as long as they're relevant so if they're still looking back 6 years I'd say it's time to get out.

Who is your current bank? Business and personal?

Regards credit scores from cra's - these are meaningless so do not pay for them.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy,

I think your intervention here is timely having just read the link on MSE. Our business has been damaged in recent years by a small number of people and businesses going bankrupt. The laxity of the rules allows them to walk away scot free, taking stock which is not theirs and in my view defrauding the public purse. Even insolvency practitioners are not above the "dirty deals" allowing the people whom they supervise to livve the life of riley. In one case along with two others I wrote to a district judge in venomous terms about one bankruptcy he had granted and the way the whole matter was being handled. This gave him the opportunity to lock me up for contempt or set our local (useless) police force on fire. Luckily he chose the latter and the transgressing bankrupt was convicted on a number of charges of theft and a number of other charges carried over.

So bankruptcy is also a "tactic" for debt avoidance in a number of cases.

regards
                Garlok
                Last edited by garlok; 6 September 2011, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  I'm not sure this forum is best suited for your needs, based on some previous comments.

---> MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - Shop Direct Finance / MKRR / MKDP LLP

Your red comment at the bottom is against all we stand for here. Debtors do not look for "tactics to avoid repayment" at all. We fight back stronger, harder & dirtier in line with legislative powers available at our disposal.

Your previous comment, as quoted above, was sent to me by a user who was slightly confused as to why you'd come to a forum that does the opposite of what you believe?

I am very protective of our forum, the users and our ethos. Therefore just a friendly reminder that such comments on our forum will not be tolerated. Otherwise have fun and no fighting with our mods; you know that fermi is one of mse's better assets and is very clued up in the regard of your little spat.

Just thought I'd remind you of that.... Not many are as clued up as that guy when it comes to cra's....

Hope you enjoy it here (and behave)!

Niddy :niddy
                  Linking to that post alone, is taking the comment out of context, with the rest of the thread. I was actually being balanced saying its half a dozen of one and half a dozen of the other, but that post alone is out of context with the whole thread.

On a polite note, do you think your comments above, whilst understandable, would have been better sent as a private message to myself?

I get the feeling I am not entirely welcome. THank you for your time and advice so far, I am sorry to have bothered you. Good luck with the future of your board. Take care.
                  Last edited by Johnpj; 6 September 2011, 17:17.

Comment

Everyone is welcome here mate. I was only pointing out that I did read the MSE thread. Just remember we're not them - we're totally different in so many ways.

But I know what you're saying; bear in mind lots of us use MSE and your post had been noted by a few so it's just clearing the air. Hey, if we can help then we will do so. You're more than welcome to post away and HAVE FUN! we encourage it here.

Comment

Thank you, for your time so far, but I really feel that comment should have been sent as a private message. My humble opinion. I bid you well for the future.
                      Last edited by Johnpj; 6 September 2011, 17:50.

Comment

Fair Enough. Take care.

Comment

Woah!! Why are you editing the posts?

How childish it that? Watch this.....

Theyll be back again in 2 minutes so save your energy. Please, either stay or leave but stop being so silly by deleting posts.

How very selfish to those, myself inuded, that bothered to spend time here. Thanks.

You're a great asset to have on any forum. I strongly suggest you log off or calm down and stop editing posts.

Comment

Thread closed. If you disagree please pm me.

Comment

Working...
                            X