GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cashplus have taken my money - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cashplus have taken my money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cashplus have taken my money

i am in absolute shock a the moment. as some of you will know, i am slowly trying to sort out my finances and coming across paperwork which i am now dealing with.

A few years ago i thought that it would be a good idea (as back up) to open up a pre paid master card for possible future use. since setting up the card with the opening amount i never had need to use the card and completely forgot about it. As a co incidence this year i decided that i would start to put very small token payments onto the account just to see if the the account works. This involved for the first time since having the card going online and activating so that i could monitor the account online. To my complete surprise i found that there was no money in the account apart from 15pence!!!

i rang the customers services number on the back of the card only to be told that there is a monthly fee which they have been taking out of the funds i originally credited. i explained that i was not aware of a monthly fee, and believed that at most there may be an annual fee, that since opening the account there had not been any activity for them to administer. their view was that it’s part of the terms and conditions - not any part of t&c’s that i had seen especially as i had not signed up for a credit builder account where i was aware of there being a monthly fee. i asked for the name of their CEO i was told the staff didn't have it and to go online to find it. the customer services person taking my call left me hanging on the phone from 10.41-10.55 then came back to me to advise that she had been onto head office and spoken with a Paul Glass (complaints manager) who would send me a set of terms and conditions!! i asked for his contact number and was told that she could not give it to me as she didn't know it!!! it was agreed in the end that Mr Glass would respond to me by email - the company already having this contact detail.

i have saved all their initial emails - no mention of monthly fee. In fact an email in January 2014 advised that they would charge a one off fee of £4.95 as i had not used the account. This was OK with me as there was money in the account to cover it, and i still wanted the account to continue. i have the original letter from them advising how to set up the account - no mention of a monthly fee.

i rang a second time to raise the information raised on the January email, got through to another customer service person, who was patronising beyond belief, using his ‘telling off’ voice and trying to drag me into a debate when all i was asking him to do was to pass onto Mr Glass that he, when contacting me he take into consideration the email January 2014. The attitude of this customer services person was incredibly rude - i even had to ask him when was the last time he had some customer training, that i was and had not being rude to him, or using or had used bad language, and that i really didn't appreciate the way he was talking at me - i must of, inadvertently got put through to someone on the debt collection side - this was his attitude, when there is and has never been any debt to this company!!

This company does not send online monthly statements, and have not done anything to warrant taking my money, administrationaly or otherwise. the customer services person advised that they were regulated by the FSA. i feel i have been duped. i am at a loss as how this could have happened.

Has anyone else suffered this experience and in a position to advise the best way to deal with this situation? i am slowly getting over my shock and i will not let it rest, its just incredible to me.

any advice anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Cashplus have taken my money

Very strange, I to have one of those cards, I initially set it up so I could use it for payments online that I did not want showing on my bank account. I have only ever credited the account once, and have only ever used the account once. As far as I am aware, there were no other chargers apart from the initial charge when you set up the card, £4 or £5 I cant remember. Apart from that, as far as I am aware there are no other charges, or at least I have not been charged anything else since, and I haven't used it for around 6 months now.

Something seriously strange going on here!

Are you certain the money they took was not the initial arrangement fee which should be paid when you first take the card out? from reading what you say, it seems once you set it up you didn't initially credit it with any funds, so its likely they took the arrangement fee once funds were available?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi SX

what you have explained is exactly what i thought that i was signing up to.

the card is Cashplus Gold Mastercard.

i paid the initial £4.95 set up fee, then paid in a one off, small amount which i thought i could just allow to sit there.

was aware at the time that there is another account which is a credit builder and that they charge for this account, but i didn't want this account as i knew i would not be able to maintain it.

i have had a response from Paul Glass who has only sent me terms and conditions stating that there is a monthly fee that i would have signed (online(?) and that there is a dormancy fee. in response i have sent him a complaint and asking for my money back. i never agreed to a monthly fee account, and the response with him latching on to monthly dormancy fees is news to me as the email from them that i have saved only talks about a one off payment of £4.95 to keep the account going.

i am going to have to check back to establish if i also had to pay to get the renewal card earlier this year.

i will get the t&cs and post on here.

Comment

Hi Sx
        checking the date at the bottom of these terms they look to me like 2014 terms. NOT my terms as my account was opened before 2014.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
        The following Terms and Conditions apply to a reloadable prepaid Card which can be used for the purchase of goods and serviceswhere the MasterCard® Acceptance Mark is shown.
        CONTACT INFORMATION
        Contact APS Financial Limited (“AFL”) or Advanced Payment Solutions Limited (“APS”) (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) by:
        Web: see the web address printed on the reverse of i) where applicable, the temporary Card (“ATM Card”) you receive from an outlet(“Retail Outlet”) which sells the permanent Prepaid MasterCard (“Card”) issued to run the prepaid Account established by us in your name(“Account”), or ii) the Card.
        Telephone: using the telephone number provided on the back of your card. Information regarding balance, last transactions or Account statusonly are also available by Text. See website for details.
        1. FEES AND CHARGES
        1.1 All Fees and Charges relating to the Card are detailed in the Fees Summary at the end of these Terms and Conditions. Byapplying for your Card you agree to pay all applicable fees you may incur whilst using your Account.
        2. APPLYING FOR A CARD
        1. 2.1 To apply for a Card you must be resident in the UK and at least 18 years old. Additional cardholders must be at least 13 years old.
        2. 2.2 To open your Account you will need to pay the relevant Card issue fee, and where applicable, the first monthly fee.
        3. 2.3 PO Box, mail box addresses and virtual addresses are unacceptable. If an Account is opened using such an address, or an
          existing Account’s address is changed to such an address, it will be blocked without reference to you.You must give the address
          at which you live.
        4. 2.4 By applying for or activating your Account you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.

3. ACCOUNT LIMITS AND USAGE
        3.1 Cards will be issued across all pricing plans with access to two different levels of benefit; Total Access and Express Access. Wereserve the right to restrict cardholders to one Express Access Account (Sterling, Euro or Dollar). For details see Clause 3.2.

• Recovering debt
        • Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance• Checking details for job applicants and employees

9.7 Please contact us at: Risk Department, PO BOX 466, Salford, M50 2XU if you want to receive details of relevant FPAs.
        9.8 We and other organisations may access and use the information recorded by FPAs in other countries.
        9.9 We may check all personal information given by you with FPAs and other organisations, and we may get information about you

from credit reference agencies to verify your identity. A record of such enquiries may be left on your file. For portfolio management,we may use information on you from one or more credit reference agencies, that is, Experian Limited, Equifax plc. and Callcreditplc. (together "the CRAs"). In considering products for you, we will use your personal information from your application and fromthe CRAs to make decisions about you. We may use credit scoring. Information held about you at the CRAs may already be linkedto records relating to one or more of your partners.This is called an "association" and for the purpose of your application and thisAgreement, you may be treated as financially linked and assessed with reference to any associated records.
        9.10 If your Account balance becomes negative and you do not pay back the money owed when asked we may provide informationabout you to CRAs.
        9.11 Personal data may also be transferred confidentially to other organisations within the APS group of companies and to third partiesso that we can run your Account.
        9.12 If, when you apply for your Card, you opt in to receiving marketing information via email/mobile phone &/or do not opt out ofreceiving marketing by telephone or mail we and third parties, with whom we may share personal data, may from time to timecontact you with details of products and services we think may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to share personal dataor to receive such communications please advise Customer Services.
        9.13 We, the CRAs and FPAs may also use the information held about you for statistical analysis about credit, insurance and fraud andto conduct market research. If you would like details of the CRAs please contact them at:
        CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414;
        Equifax, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0844 335 0550 or log on to www.equifax.co.uk.Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 481 8000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk.

9.14 You can also obtain a copy of the information we hold on you and/or details of any other person to whom we may pass yourinformation by writing to us.You have a legal right to these details. A fee will be payable for this service.
        9.15 We reserve the right to process data in countries outside the European Union, including the United States of America, howeverwe will ensure adequate protection for personal data transferred to countries outside the European Union and in the case ofthe United States of America we will only use processors who adhere to the ‘Safe Harbor’ Privacy Principles issued by the USDepartment of Commerce.
        9.16 We may share data about your account including account number, expiration date and account status with other members usingthe MasterCard Automatic Biller Updater service.
        9. 17 We may gather data about you from our Mobile Banking app (such as your location and mobile number) and share with thirdparties for operational purposes.
        9.18 To facilitate the processing of payments, we may share your account information with specified third parties strictly in accordancewith any nationally published Code of Conduct or similar relating to the receipt and dispersal of government benefits.
        10. WHO IS RUNNING MY CARD ACCOUNT?
        10.1 Your Card is issued by AFL which is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011for the issuing of electronic money. Your Account will be operated by APS on AFL’s behalf. APS and AFL’s Company Numbers are04947027 & 06029941. Their registered offices are situated at 6th Floor, One London Wall, London, EC2Y 5EB.
        11. WHAT LAW APPLIES?
        11.1 English law applies to these Terms and Conditions and English courts will deal with any legal proceedings between us. Alldealings will be in English.
        12. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
        12.1 This agreement remains in force until and unless cancelled in accordance with Clauses 12.2(i), 12.2(ii), 12.5(b) or 12.5(c) below.In the event of closure under 12.2(ii), 12.5(b) or 12.5(c) any advance payment you have made in respect of any Card servicecharges will be returned to you on a pro-rata basis.
        12.2 You have the right to;
        (i) withdraw from this agreement without cause and without penalty for a period of 14 days from a) the date on which you open

your Account by paying your Card issue fee and, if applicable, your first monthly fee or, for telephone sales b) the date onwhich you receive these Terms and Conditions (“Account Opening Date”). To do this you must write to Customer Services andreturn any card that has been issued, cut in half.
        (ii) close your Account at any other time. To do this you must write to Customer Services and return the Card cut in half. Note:following receipt of your Card(s) we will wait 10 days for transactions to be processed. Once all transactions and fees havebeen deducted, any balance on your Account will be returned to you subject to you having provided satisfactory confirmationof your identity and address (where applicable). As this process may take up to 30 days you may prefer to withdraw funds byATM or by making purchases wherever you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark. A cancellation fee will apply (see FeesSummary) unless i) the cancellation occurs 12 months or more after opening your Account, ii) we have terminated your rightto use the Card or iii) following a change in these Terms and Conditions.
        (iii) know more about the information we pass to third parties or that held by FPAs, or to obtain a list of the third parties with whomwe share information.
        (iv) receive, subject to payment of a fee, details of the personal data we hold about you.
        (v) receive a copy of these Terms and Conditions at any time.
        (vi) contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
        Address: Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR; Telephone: 0800 023 4 567 (free
        from most landlines but charges may apply if using a mobile phone), Mobile Phone: 0300 123 9 123 (calls by mobile cost nomore than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number); E-mail: complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk, if we are unable toresolve any complaint through our internal complaints procedure. A copy of our complaints procedure is available on request.
        12.3 It is your responsibility to make additional cardholders aware of these Terms and Conditions and of the Terms and Conditionsrelating to MasterCard Secure Code. Please note: Additional cardholders will have access to statement information only via theautomated telephone service, and subject to your agreement, via the Members' Area.
        12.4 You must not spend more than you have on your Account. Any attempt to do so may result in us taking criminal and/or civil actionagainst you.
        12.5 (a) Under certain circumstances including, but not limited to, where we suspect fraud or money laundering, or where you haveexceeded or would exceed transaction or account limits we have the right to, without notice;
        i. decline top ups and transactions,
        ii. charge any fees due on any Foreign Currency Card Account to a linked Cashplus Card where insufficient funds exist in the

Foreign Currency Card Account to pay them.
        (b) Subject to giving you 60 days’ notice, we have the right to terminate a Card that has been issued and/or close an Account.(c) We may at any time and without notice suspend, restrict, block or cancel Your Card or Account, or refuse to issue or replace a

Card for reasons relating to the following:
        • we discover that any of the information that You provided to Us when You applied for the Card or during the management of
        the Account was materially incorrect or false;
        • we are required to do so to comply with any applicable regulations or legislation;
        • you die;
        • if you have not complied with these Terms and Conditions;
        • if we have reason to believe that you have used, or intend to use, your Card in a grossly negligent manner or for a fraudulent

or otherwise unlawful purpose;
        • if you use racist, threatening or abusive behaviour towards our staff.
        If we take any of the steps referred to in Clause 12.5, we will tell you as soon as we can or are permitted to do so after we havetaken these steps. We may ask you to stop using Your Card and return it to us or destroy it. We will issue you with a replacementCard if after further investigations we believe that the relevant circumstances (as set out in Clause 12.5(c)) no longer apply.
        12.6 We also have the right subject to 60 days’ notice to change the Account Limits (see Clause 3.2) and Fees.
        12.7 We also have the right to close any Express Access account that does not provide acceptable proof of identification or address

within 60 days of Account opening.12.8 Right of offset
        (i) If any accounts you hold with us are in credit, and you have failed to pay us any amount which you owe on any other accountsyou hold with us (including those in different currencies) we may use this money to reduce or repay the amount which you oweus.
        (ii) We will not use our right of set-off (a) against any money which we hold in an account in your name which you have advisedus is not yours or (b) in any way that contravenes any law, regulation, code of conduct or industry guidance.
        (iii) If we exercise our right of set-off we will advise you as soon as possible thereafter.
        12.9 Subject to giving you 60 days’ notice we may i) assign the benefits and burden of these Terms and Conditions to another

organisation at any time, and/or ii) transfer the outstanding balance on your Account, debit or credit, to a new organisation other
        than APS. If we do not hear from you prior to the expiry of the 60 days we will assume you are agreeable to the change.
        12.10 These Terms and Conditions will continue even if we take action in respect of clauses 12.5-12.9 inclusive.
        12.11 For the purpose of Fraud prevention, we may use and store information relating to the details of the device and network and linked

devices that you use to contact us when applying for, and/or managing your account.
        13. LIABILITY
        13.1 If something which we are not reasonably able to control, including but not limited to defects relating to the Card, stops or delaysus from doing something we are supposed to do under these Terms and Conditions, we will not be responsible for any loss whichyou may suffer.
        13.2 If you are affected by something which is our fault, we will only be responsible for the financial loss you suffer as a direct result upto a maximum of the balance in your Account and not for any other loss whatsoever (for example, loss of reputation).
        13.3 Provided you have not acted fraudulently or without reasonable care, your maximum liability for any transactions or fees incurredon your Account if someone else uses your Card before you report it lost or stolen will be £50.00.
        13.4 You will be responsible for i) any unauthorised activity if you act fraudulently or without reasonable care and ii) any loss or fraudthat results directly from your failure to advise us promptly of any name, address or contact details changes.
        13.5 You will be responsible for the use of any additional cards and for any applicable fees or charges that the additional cardholdersmay incur.You can cancel the use of an additional card on your Account at any time by contacting Customer Services.
        13.6 In the event that you do not use your Card in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or we find that you are using the Cardfraudulently we reserve the right to charge you for any reasonable costs that we incur in taking action to stop you using this Cardand to recover any monies owed as a result of your activities.
        13.7 We accept no responsibility or liability for the goods or services that you purchase with your Card or for any product or servicediscounts arising from the purchase with your Card.
        13.8 We accept no responsibility or liability for a merchant refusing to accept your Card or failing to cancel an authorisation.
        13.9 The Financial Services Compensation Scheme is not applicable for this Card. No other compensation schemes existto cover losses claimed in connection with this Card.This means that in the unlikely event that AFL becomes insolventyour funds may become valueless and unusable and as a result you may lose your money.
        13.10 The funds on your Account are held in trust by Royal Bank of Scotland, 5-10 Great Tower Street, London, EC3P 3HX.
        13.11 If you purchase your Card using a debit card and your Account balance subsequently becomes negative you authorise Us to claim

the amount of the negative balance from your debit card.
        14. HOW WILL YOU KNOW ABOUT ANY CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
        14.1 Changes to these Terms and Conditions including changes to the figures in the Fees Summary and Clause 3.2 will be postedon the Members’ Area. Except in exceptional circumstances, e.g. customer fraud or a security breach, we will give you 60 days’notice of any material change. Changes will be deemed to have been accepted unless you notify us to the contrary before theproposed date of the change. Rejection of any proposed changes will amount to rejection of these Terms and Conditions andnotice of termination without charge.

Express Access1

Total Access2

Maximum Balance

£2,000

£5,0003

Maximum Top up

£2,000

£5,0003

Maximum Annual Top up/Spend

£2,000

Unlimited

Maximum Spend Per Transaction

£800

Available Balance

Maximum ATM Withdrawals Per Day

£250

£500

Maximum Annual ATM Spend

£8004

Unlimited

Maximum Additional Cards

Not allowed

Four

Top up – Bank Transfer

Not allowed

Allowed

Top up – Wages

Not allowed

Allowed

Top up – Retail Outlets5

Allowed

Allowed

Top up – UK Post Office® branches5

Not allowed

Allowed

1 Express Access customers can get Total Access by providing proof of their ID and/or Address
        2 Total Access customers have full use of all the features of their card. The MasterCard Moneysend feature can also be used,

although additional restrictions may apply to support fraud management
        3 Higher limits may be made available at card issuer AFL’s sole discretion
        4 The £800 limit includes quasi-cash purchases – see Clause 3.4
        5 Please see our website for details of daily and individual top up minimum and maximum limits. Limits are subject to change

without notice. It is outside of Our control if a specific top up outlet refuses a top up transaction with or without a reason disclosedat the time.
        1. 3.3 Funds in your Account will not earn interest.
        2. 3.4 Quasi-cash purchases include merchandise and services provided by financial institutions such as Travellers Cheques, foreigncurrency, loan fees and counselling fees.
        3. 3.5 You can use your Card with your personal identification number ("PIN") to withdraw cash from ATMs and at bank counters, wherethe bank permits it. A withdrawal fee will apply (see Fees Summary).
        4. 3.6 We may i) block, ii) decline or iii) apply special security procedures in respect of transactions, by category, location or merchant,where fraud is suspected. Similarly we may not allow Express customers to undertake transactions in certain specified merchantcategories.
        5. 3.7 If you wish to use your Card for pay-at-the-pump fuel or car hire you must contact Customer Services who will advise whether thisfacility is available to you.
        6. 3.8 If you wish to find out details of transactions on or information about or view/amend features of your Account you can do so 24/7via the Members’ Area of the website.
        7. 3.9 Payments using your Card will be made in line with the MasterCard system. Where applicable the exchange rate will be thewholesale rate applied by MasterCard adjusted by a percentage set from time to time by the Issuer (see Fees Summary).
        8. 3.10 Funds to cover the authorised transactions received by us will be paid over to the merchant acquirer within three days following
          the receipt by us of the instruction to make payment. A transaction (the payment order) will be received as follows: for purchasesand ATM transactions, at the time we receive the transaction instruction from the merchant acquirer or ATM operator; for othertransactions which are communicated directly to us, at the time you ask us to complete the transaction.
        9. 3.11 Any refunds for goods and services purchased with your Card will be made in accordance with the refund policy of the provider.
        10. 3.12 We reserve the right to require you and any additional cardholders to register for, and use the enhanced online transaction
          security system referred to as MasterCard Secure Code.
        11. 3.13 If a Direct Debit payment falls due and the Account has insufficient funds available to cover the full payment, the payment will be
          declined and AFL reserves the right to have the instruction to pay removed from your Account. In this event, the instruction will
          only be reinstated on receipt of a new mandate from the originator. Fees will be applied.
        12. 3.14 If the available amount in a Card Account is less than the purchase value of an item, some Merchants may not allow the
          cardholder to combine multiple payment types to complete the transaction.
        13. 3.15 If you are eligible and have opted to have additional cardholders on your Account we may require them to provide proof of identity
          and address.

4. KEEPING YOUR CARD AND PIN SAFE
        1. 4.1 Using your Card and the unique PIN which we provide to you to authorise transactions and to withdraw cash from an ATM willbe the primary way for you to take money out of your Account. Once your PIN has been accepted the transaction or withdrawalcannot be cancelled. However, the following transactions may be withdrawn if you give notice to the supplier (providing a copy ofthe notice to us):
          - any transaction which is agreed to take place on a date later than the date it was authorised as long as notice was provided nolater than the close of business on the business day before it was due to take place;
          - bill payments or Direct Debits if they are to occur after the date of the withdrawal.

2. 4.2 Keep your PIN safe, by memorising it, never disclosing it to anyone, or by letting anyone see you enter it. We recommend youdo not write it down. If you do write your PIN down or disclose it to any other individual, you may be held liable for any fraudulenttransactions made using your card.
        3. 4.3 If you suspect that someone else knows your PIN, change it as soon as possible. If you are not able to do so, please contact usimmediately to discuss. Additionally you should check recent transactions and monitor transactions over the next few days usingthe Members’ Area. If you do not recognise a transaction, then report it immediately (see Clause 5 below).
        4. 4.4 Keep your Card safe at all times. Never give it to anyone.

5. REPORTING LOST AND STOLEN CARDS
        1. 5.1 If your Card is lost, stolen or you suspect it is being used in an unauthorised manner call us immediately using the telephonenumber provided online. We will take immediate action to protect the money in your Account.
        2. 5.2 If there is money in your Account we will cancel your Card and issue a new Card to your current address within seven days. ACard replacement fee will apply (see Fees Summary).

6. REPORTING TRANSACTION DISPUTES
        1. 6.1 For information on reporting transaction disputes see the website.
        2. 6.2 If you believe that any of the transactions on your Account were unauthorised or incorrectly posted to your Account, you must notify us
          as soon as you become aware but not later than 13 months of the date of the debit. If the transaction in dispute is one where the exactamount of the transaction was unknown at the time of authorisation (e.g. car hire) the dispute must be advised to us within eight weeks ofthe date of the debit after which your right to challenge a payment will end. In all instances we will attempt to assist you with any qualifyingdispute under the MasterCard scheme regulations. Any cash withdrawals and loads made at the Post Office will not be covered underthe MasterCard scheme regulations.
        3. 6.3 Unless we have reason to suspect fraud, or deliberate or grossly negligent behaviour on your part we will refund the amount of thetransaction.We will require your written confirmation of the disputed transaction on a form that we will provide you.If i) written confirmationis not received or ii) a refund is made in respect of a transaction that later turns out to be genuine, we will re-deduct the amount of thetransaction from your Account plus, in the event of ii) only, we will charge you a fee of £20.00.
        4. 6.4 If our investigations show that there have been unauthorised or incorrectly executed transactions on your Account then so long as yourclaim is made within the time limits specified in 6.2 you will not be liable for these sums.

7. ADVISING CHANGES OF PERSONAL DETAILS OR FINANCIAL SITUATION
        1. 7.1 If you or an additional cardholder change name, address or contact details such as telephone numbers or email address you mustnotify us within 14 days.
        2. 7.2 It is also important to tell us of any changes to your financial circumstances without delay.

8. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR CARD EXPIRES?
        1. 8.1 We may automatically renew your Card on the same pricing plan as the expiring Card unless requested otherwise.
        2. 8.2 The Card replacement fee (see Fees Summary) will be charged within seven days of issue of your replacement Card.

9. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
        1. 9.1 We are the data controller of personal data given to us in connection with your Account and that we collect for marketing purposes.We may use third parties to process personal data on our behalf.
        2. 9.2 We will process and retain personal data in order to open, administer and run your Account and to deal with any enquiries youhave about it.
        3. 9.3 If we suspect that we have been given false or inaccurate information, we may record our suspicion together with any otherrelevant information.
        4. 9.4 If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, we may pass details to Fraud Prevention Agencies (“FPAs”).
        5. 9.5 Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
        6. 9.6 We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
          • Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities• Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities

MAR.CON.T&C.B.1306.02.14

FEES SUMMARY

Activeplus:

Flexiplus:

Account fee1 – except when youravailable balance is zero

£4.95 per month

N/A

UK purchase transactions in Sterling (£)

FREE & unlimited

£0.99 each

Electronic payment fee (Direct Debit,Payments and Transfers)2

FREE

£0.99 each

Card issue fee

As communicated when purchased

As communicated when purchased

Additional card2 and replacement

£4.95

£4.95

Top up at Cashplus retail stores3

FREE

FREE

Top up at UK Post Office branches2

FREE

FREE

Top up at other retail outlets3

£3.00

£3.00

Top up electronically (including banktransfer and wage payment)2

FREE

FREE

Online account management – 24/7

FREE

FREE

ATM withdrawals UK (Non UK)3

£2.00 (£3.00)

£2.00 (£3.00)

Cash withdrawals at bank/Post Offices orquasi-cash purchases3

£3.00

£3.00

Cancellation fee where applicable (forrefund of cash value in the Account)

£10.00

£10.00

Account maintenance (only applies ifAccount has no transactions includingTop-ups for a period of 120 days fromdate of last transaction and continuesuntil you make a payment or yourbalance reaches zero)

Up to £4.95per month

Up to £4.95per month

Foreign transaction fee as % of amountwithdrawn/spent4

2.99%

2.99%

Direct Debit Rejected Payment Fee(maximum charge per month)

£10.00 (£20.00)

£10.00 (£20.00)

1. 1 This fee applies from when you first top up your Account and will be charged on the same day each month as you activated your Account.
        2. 2 Only available to customers with Total Access.
        3. 3 Some financial institutions or associations, or top up outlets may charge additional fees. Please check at the time you withdraw or top up
          your Account.
        4. 4 Transactions in a currency other than pounds sterling will be converted to pounds at the exchange rate applicable at the time (see Clause 3.9).

Comment

Sorry looks like this bit was missed off my last post showing t&cs

MAR.CON.T&C.B.1306.02.14

Comment

I think this is the sticking point but could be wrong
            Account maintenance (only applies ifAccount has no transactions includingTop-ups for a period of 120 days fromdate of last transaction and continuesuntil you make a payment or yourbalance reaches zero)
            it reads as tho if the balance is higher than 0 they charge a monthly fee
            Surely this isn't fair?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They state on mine & advertisement no charge on £5.00 or under>>???

Comment

Yeah cashplus is under many different companies and I guess they each have their own set of terms. I think mine says there's no fees at all other than usual set up fee. I'm trying to remember who issued mine. The card is at my mother's house so will check monday

Comment

Hi Guys

my card started out as a Cashplus master card. (from Cashplus.co.uk) the card expired this year, so they sent me an email stating that to get a renewal card i had to pay them £5. This was done, so new card comes. original has been kept. just compared to new card is Cashplus Gold master card. Not sure if this is some sort of upgrade - point is, if so i didn't ask for or expect an upgrade. i only signed up for the basic account with no fees and paid the renewal to continue the same.

i never applied for credit builder, overdraft, or iadvance. so majorly unhappy that they have pocketed my pre loaded money which i paid in addition to the £4.95 start up fee.

why on earth would a company charge you to have money sitting inactive in your account? Charging dormancy is also out of order. i have not cost this company anything, no paper statements, no postage, no transfer of funds - they have never even sent me online statements of account. i don't understand how i have been a cost to them?

to add insult to injury, being talked at like dirt by their customer services team means i am reluctant to continue any verbal communication with them and have requested further contact be made by email. i asked for the name and contact details of the CEO, i was given the name but not how to contact him.

Comment

Current Officer Name Appointed Current/Dissolved Resigned Total Mr David Charles Pusinelli 01-09-2012 4 6 10 BUY NOW Mr David Edward Rodwell 02-03-2015 1 0 1 BUY NOW Mr Paul Schooley 05-08-2008 1 0 1 BUY NOW Mr Richard Thomas Wagner 15-12-2006 2 0 2 BUY NOW Mr Robin Keith Dear 15-12-2006 3 10 13 BUY NOW Mr Simon Timothy Talbot Knight 01-01-2012 2 0 2 BUY NOW

Read more at: http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06...rs-secretaries

APS FINANCIAL LIMITED 06029941 Registered Address: 6th Floor, One London Wall, London, EC2Y 5EB

Read more at: http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06...rs-secretaries
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 1 May 2015, 10:30.

Comment

Hi again

i now understand the importance of keeping all the original documents (including emails) when setting up an account. The fact that i have kept the information in relation to this account will help ensure i get my money back.

you may not be surprised to learn that Mr Glass has responded by stating that despite my original doc not having any mention of fees, its doesn't matter because Cashplus do not run fee free accounts and fees are mentioned in the t&c's - surely there is a contradiction there or breach of trading standards through lack of transparency/misleading information(?)

Comment

I'll ask some other mods and experts to come take a look at this thread and see what they think. From my opinion and I'm not an expert in this I'd imagine they would have to state their fees before you accept the card. However that being said there's no credit facility so doubt it falls under the consumer credit act so your protection is probably limited.

Comment

Hi

how much have they taken? Let's first establish facts. How much did you pay in the account?

Your problem lies within this term, as SXguy stated

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

with benefits and features

• Instant Approval
                            • 100% Guaranteed*
                            • No Credit Check to open

Choose the right Cashplus Account for you

We offer monthly, fee free and annual account options for you to choose from.
                            The Cashplus prepaid Gold MasterCard® is one of the most awarded in the UK, and one of the most innovative prepaid cards out there.
                            What is a prepaid card?

Cashplus prepaid cards work just like a High Street bank debit card – you just top up the card with your own money and use it for anything from purchases and cash withdrawals, to bill payments. The Cashplus prepaid card is also jam packed with valuable benefits and features and there are no credit checks needed to get one.
                            So if you’re after a great alternative to a bank account, our prepaid card offers the lot.
                            A Cashplus prepaid card offers all the online features of a High Street current account

Seems they are Advertising 3 different Pre Paid Accounts; ;-

PAY MONTHLY

Activeplus account

• Great alternative to a credit or debit card
                            • Free unlimited UK purchases
                            • No fee if no balance
                            • Add on Creditbuilder at no extra cost

PAY MONTHLY

Deluxe account

• Great alternative to a bank account and credit card
                            • Free ATM withdrawals in the UK
                            • Free Direct Debits and Standing Orders
                            • Free unlimited UK purchases
                            • No fee if no balance
                            • Add on Creditbuilder at no extra cost

PAY AS YOU GO

Flexiplus account

• Ideal for occasional use
                            • Popular with teens and students too
                            • Pay a small fee for each purchase or transaction

Comment

nightmare

Comment

Working...
                              X