GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Equifax Works With Consumer Lenders To Share Income Data - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equifax Works With Consumer Lenders To Share Income Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equifax Works With Consumer Lenders To Share Income Data

Equifax Works With Consumer Lenders To Share Income Data

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 12th November 2012 18:29.

Leading consumer credit information and analytics expert, Equifax, has launched the Equifax Financial Stability Exchange to provide all sectors of...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Equifax Works With Consumer Lenders To Share Income Data

When they say work with I think they mean they will sell the data - twats as well!

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
      When they say work with I think they mean they will sell the data - twats as well!
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

they are going to share the data that "we" supply on various applications to verify that the consumer is not embellishing the figures to get a better deal....................

the answer would be "tell the buggers nothing"

Comment

haha yeah, they wont have real info about a persons income.

Employer wont tell them, hmrc wont tell them either.

The only way, would be from suverys, and amounts we state on loan/mortgage/credit card applications.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Next they'll be asking for cock size!! Sorry but get serious - what a joke.

One year I can earn £x the next it could be £xx or even £xxx - the point is do you take into account benefits and/or overtime and is this net or gross or post/pre private deductions (pension/school vouchers etc)...

It's flawed. Totally. A bit like the cra's as a whole really. Utter nonsense.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just another way they will use to refuse you credit in the future if they dont like the cut of your jib so to speak.

You can almost see it now, complaints the the CRA's and ICO about incorrect income data.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Next they'll be asking for cock size!! Sorry but get serious - what a joke.

One year I can earn £x the next it could be £xx or even £xxx - the point is do you take into account benefits and/or overtime and is this net or gross or post/pre private deductions (pension/school vouchers etc)...

It's flawed. Totally. A bit like the cra's as a whole really. Utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Next they'll be asking for cock size!! Sorry but get serious
                  But you're not far of the truth tbh which is the worrying thing.

When you now have local councils asking for information such as 'sexual orientation' how much longer will it be before we're being asked for penis or cup size?

We already have government departments sniffing around the CRA's as they realise the important data it may give them about voting demographics.

There is also the question of how useful would this information be to HMRC? If you're self employed and declare to the taxman you earn £xx but in your mortgage application state you earn £xx more no doubt you'll have HMRC inspectors looking through your accounts.

If I come across as paranoid its because I have absolutely zero trust in how our personal data is being used and for what purposes.
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Actually, in the past you would be right about mortgage aps and HMRC but you cant do that anymore.

Most mortgage lenders ask for proof of income, either a wage slip, or an SA302 which is a hmrc statement of account.

So you cant really lie anymore.

Comment

I know it's off topic a little (but not a lot) when are they going to include the word ENGLISH on these forms that ask for ethnic origin?
                      In a form from my own council I had to tick 'Other' and then write English, I am not British!
                      Scottish and Welsh appeared on a form from my doctors recently but not English, once again I have to tick other and then write English, when I queried this later I was told I had been put down as British as there was nowhere to include English.

Rant over

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                        But you're not far of the truth tbh which is the worrying thing.

When you now have local councils asking for information such as 'sexual orientation' how much longer will it be before we're being asked for penis or cup size?

We already have government departments sniffing around the CRA's as they realise the important data it may give them about voting demographics.

There is also the question of how useful would this information be to HMRC? If you're self employed and declare to the taxman you earn £xx but in your mortgage application state you earn £xx more no doubt you'll have HMRC inspectors looking through your accounts.

If I come across as paranoid its because I have absolutely zero trust in how our personal data is being used and for what purposes.
                        If I was asked sexual orientation I say I am queer, I like Women, surprising the looks you get then the penny drops.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                          Actually, in the past you would be right about mortgage aps and HMRC but you cant do that anymore.

Most mortgage lenders ask for proof of income, either a wage slip, or an SA302 which is a hmrc statement of account.

So you cant really lie anymore.
                          As if we use to!

Comment

I would guess that 99% of self cert mortgages, were aproved because people stretched the truth about their income!

There are ways around it now, i have known people, to time their mortgage applications with the submission of their accounts, increase their net profit, pay any additonal tax, and then they have proof of income great enough to be accepted.

You run the risk of an inspection or query though, so it isnt without risks.

Comment

Working...
                            X