GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script bammers UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bammers UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bammers UE diary

Hi everyone, this is the first post in my diary - hope I've followed the instructions ok!
    I have a number of debts but it has been pretty quiet over the last 18 months so I wont post details of the others but I have recently had a few letters on this one so have given the complete background from my records below.

First post - #1 RBS / Mint Loan

Type of account: LOAN
    Date commenced: 12/2006
    Approx balance: £9,300
    Date last paid: LAST FULL PAYMENT 11/2008, LAST TOKEN (£1) PAYMENT 06/2009
    Account owner: Currently with Wescot on behalf of Arrow Global Ltd

07/2009 - Default Notice received
    08/2009 - Green & Co Solicitors - letter before action (I think)
    09/2009 - First Resolution - notice of intended recovery action
    09/2009 - First Resolution - requesting payment
    10/2009 - First Resolution - Notice of further action
    11/2009 - Arden Credit Management - notice of intended recovery action
    11/2009 - Arden Credit Management - follow up
    12/2009 - Arden Credit Management - Further follow up
    12/2009 - Arden Credit Management - Further follow up
    12/2009 - Earlswood & Co Solicitors - notice of intended legal action
    08/2010 - Earlswood & Co Solicitors - notice of intended legal action
    10/2010 - Arden Credit Management - chaser
    10/2010 - Arden Credit Management - requesting payments
    11/2010 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited - Notice of intended litigation
    01/2011 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited - Notice of intended litigation / request for offers
    01/2011 - Midal Legal Services - Litigation warning
    02/2011 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited - home collection warning
    08/2012 - Wescot - home collection warning
    08/2012 - Wescot - offer of discounted settlement
    08/2012 - Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors - warning of further recovery action
    09/2012 - Wescot - home collection warning
    01/2013 - Drydensfairfax Solicitors - warning of legal proceedings
    01/2013 - Drydensfairfax Solicitors - warning of further action
    01/2013 - Drydensfairfax Solicitors - warning of legal proceedings
    07/2013 - Rossendales Collect - notice of debt being passed to them
    2014 - no contact from anyone
    02/2015 - Arrow Global - tracing letter
    24/02/2015 - Arrow Global - Change of Agency (Idem Capital to Arrow Global Limited)
    06/03/2015 - Wescot - Notice of debt collection
    16/03/2015 - Wescot - Chasing letter
    26/03/2015 - Wescot - Reduced settlement offer please contact us (still ignoring)

I've not made any acknowledgement or contact since June 2009 so is it worth sending a CCA request now or shall I wait and see what else comes through over the next few weeks? Given the previous history I'm hoping it is unenforceable / no paperwork which is why it has never gone to court! Thanks in advance
    Last edited by bammers; 28 March 2015, 18:25. Reason: Updated diary

Re: bammers UE diary

I'd just wait and see for the moment, if it's SB in June, as long as there were no obvious threats in that letter from Westcot

Comment

Wow, you've managed to dodge four different solicitors with this debt. Well done you.

Have you moved house since 2009 hence the tracing letter?

I agree with MrsD that you are so close to SB that you should keep your head down unless you get any threats.

If legal proceedings are in the pipeline you should be sent a Letter Before Action which would be the time to send a CCA request as well as our LBA Response template letter.

When Wescot run out of steam they will return it to Arrow who may pass it to a solicitor such as Restons or Shoosmiths. With any luck the changeover will take weeks and the debt will have gone SB by then. Here's hoping

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Wow, you've managed to dodge four different solicitors with this debt. Well done you.

Have you moved house since 2009 hence the tracing letter?

I agree with MrsD that you are so close to SB that you should keep your head down unless you get any threats.

If legal proceedings are in the pipeline you should be sent a Letter Before Action which would be the time to send a CCA request as well as our LBA Response template letter.

When Wescot run out of steam they will return it to Arrow who may pass it to a solicitor such as Restons or Shoosmiths. With any luck the changeover will take weeks and the debt will have gone SB by then. Here's hoping
        Thanks MrsD and PlanB - makes sense and happy to let the days tick by for now... Yes - moved in 2009 but they picked up my new address from the electoral roll or CRAs back in 2010/11 so they've been sending letters to me here for at least 3 years so not sure what the tracing letter was about!

Comment

Post #2 - Lloyds TSB Current Account Overdraft

Type of account: Overdraft
          Date commenced: August 2001
          Approx balance: £5500
          Date last paid: Token payments until June 2009
          Not Paying / Never acknowledged
          Account owner: LOWELLS

Last contact prior to the below was sometime in 2013 - but can't seem to find the file at home for this one with any correspondence - think the last letter before was from Hamptons Legal
          17/033/2015 - Received a letter from Lowells offering to settle debt with a 75% discount (so will accept £1,375ish) - payable immediately or can be paid by instalments.

This is the biggest discount any of the collectors have ever offered which makes me wonder if the debt is a complete lemon but am a bit confused on how overdrafts are treated/enforced - would be grateful for any views or if anyone can point me in the right direction

Comment

Hi Bammers,
            Overdrafts are trickier than loans/credit agreements as there's often no definitive cut off point until they actually default and terminate. You can argue last payment but some DCA's will insist it's default date if that's after the last payment. Depends on the T&C's too. By this I mean the actual default date, not when it shows up on the CRA record, which can be months later.
            If the account had already been defaulted and terminated prior to your last payment then the day after that payment would be when the SB clock started

So this was defaulted on your CRA record in December 2009? Do you remember getting a Default or Termination Notice, and do you still have them?

We do have a special CCA Request for overdrafts, should it become necessary to buy you some time. Have a read here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information

For the moment I wouldn't do anything. I would wait and see what they do next...but do try and find the Default or Termination notice so you have all your ducks in a row if you need them.

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
              For the moment I wouldn't do anything. I would wait and see what they do next...but do try and find the Default or Termination notice so you have all your ducks in a row if you need them.

Elsa x
              Thanks Elsa - really appreciate the steer. I'll have a route around the office as I have kept all the correspondence but the file isn't where I was expecting it to be! Will post back with further details when I find it

Comment

Anything showing when they first demanded full repayment would be helpful. Did they do this before you made your token payments?

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                  Anything showing when they first demanded full repayment would be helpful. Did they do this before you made your token payments?
                  Hi Elsa, sorry for delay - found the file which I had mislabelled as Halifax!

Ok so the first letter I have on file is dated 12th February 2009 - anything before that was binned by me....

The 12th February 2009 letter refers to "your unplanned overdraft which we now require you to repay within 2 days of receiving this letter" but this only refers to an amount of £42.16 being due...

I then have some statements of charges for a few months before a letter dated 4 August 2009 was received referring to a new planned overdraft being setup on the account for £4890 (not requested or agreed by me - I had cut my ties with them almost a year before).

The next demand is dated 2nd November 2009 and this one is headed up Enforcement Notice (served under S76(1) of the CCA 1974) - but again this only refers to a payment of £165.45 (being the unplanned overdrawn balance) being required by the 23rd November 2009.

After that is just a selection of standard DCA type letters for the whole sum (£5,500ish) from Credit Security Limited, Wescot, Nelson Guest Solicitors, iQor, Fredrickson until it was sold to Lowells in June 2013.

Does that help?

Comment

Hi Bammers,
                    Does the November Enforcement letter state the consequences of not paying the unplanned OD?

In any event it's looking as if it was the end of 2009, but if it was me my initial strategy would be to wait and see what they send next, and at some stage send the CCA (OD) request to gain some time.
                    If it comes to legal threats use the date of last payment. It's up to them to prove otherwise, but this being Lowells they tend to argue it's the default/termination date because of a fairly recent court case (BMW v Hart).
                    However we have a response to this as Hart referred to a very specific set of terms within a Hire Purchase agreement.

In short, see what they send next and let us know

Elsa x

Comment

Hi Bammers

Any more updates on your accounts? Hopefully all nice and quiet

Best
                      SnV
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by bammers View Post
                        RBS / Mint Loan
                        Type of account: LOAN
                        Date commenced: 12/2006
                        Approx balance: £9,300
                        Date last paid: LAST FULL PAYMENT 11/2008, LAST TOKEN (£1) PAYMENT 06/2009

2014 - no contact from anyone
                        02/2015 - Arrow Global - tracing letter

I've not made any acknowledgement or contact since June 2009
                        This debt will go SB any minute if your last payment was in June 2009

What exact date in June was that last token payment made?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          This debt will go SB any minute if your last payment was in June 2009

What exact date in June was that last token payment made?

Plan B x
                          Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                          Hi Bammers

Any more updates on your accounts? Hopefully all nice and quiet

Best
                          SnV
                          Hi all,
                          Sorry I've not been on lately - hope everyone is well. Have checked through all the statements I hold and last payment to any of the accounts was on the 3rd July 2009 - I have one account where the default notice wasn't issued to me until October but everything else should be SB now no matter what date they try and use
                          Not had any correspondence or letters recently other than a tracing/enquiry letter the other day from DrysdenFairfax solicitors but not sure which one it relates to as no details provided - will wait a couple of weeks and see what follows it but assume I would be ok to start sending the SB letter soon

Comment

Default date doesn't matter. It's when you last paid anything that counts towards SB
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by bammers View Post
                              Hi all,
                              Not had any correspondence or letters recently other than a tracing/enquiry letter the other day from DrysdenFairfax solicitors but not sure which one it relates to as no details provided - will wait a couple of weeks and see what follows it but assume I would be ok to start sending the SB letter soon
                              Well I know what the mysterious letter was about now - today received a letter from Bank of Scotland / DrydensFairfax regarding a mortgage shortfall following repossession. The property was sold in August 2010 so well within 6 years and the apparent shortfall is just over £25k

I always thought there might have been a shortfall but had never received any requests/demands to repay it so assumed it had been written off.... Not sure how to approach this one as assume it will not be covered by CCA like the other ones - can anyone point me in the right direction or offer any tips/steers?

Comment

Working...
                              X