GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JULES3107 UE DIARY OLD DEBTS 1997 onwards. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JULES3107 UE DIARY OLD DEBTS 1997 onwards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JULES3107 UE DIARY OLD DEBTS 1997 onwards.

Hi everyone

Before anyone gets confused I am going to number all Aktiv Kapital Accounts as I have 4 of them. I have started all this at the same time, so they don't get a chance to pounce on the rest of the accounts one by one.

Type of account - CREDIT CARD - GE Capital (Hubby's)
    Date commenced - 12/04/1996 then agreement to AK for £1 a month
    Account Commencement Date: 12/04/1996
    Approx balance - £1730.57
    Date last paid- approx 2000
    Are you on arrangement or not paying - paying £1 a month since above date.
    Status - Default 28/06/2000
    Account owner-Aktiv Kapital 1

17th Sept 2004 – Paying a £1 a month payments still in force.
    3rd Dec 2013 – Sent SAR request, also requesting CCA to be included with SAR.
    18th Dec 2013 – SAR came back minus the CCA requested to be included. AK have cancelled our agreement as I have not kept up with payments? Payments still in force, their financial history on the said account proves them to be lying. That particular letter was dated the 4th October 2013 and came with the SAR (Yet I never received it via the postal service FUNNY THAT?)
    30th Dec 2013 – Sent off CCA Template letter and included £1, sent via Recorded Delivery
    31st Dec 2013 –Aktiv Kapital received the CCA, Track and Trace confirmed.
    3rd Jan 14 - Send for Credit report.
    8th Jan 14 - Reply from AK - RE CCA - they state and I quote " Unfortunately, we have been advised by the Original creditors that the documentation is NOT AVAILABLE.
    Last edited by jules3107; 8 January 2014, 13:36. Reason: update

Re: JULES3107 UE DIARY OLD DEBTS 1997 onwards.

Type of account - CREDIT CARD - First National Tricity Finance (Hubby's)
    Date commenced - 09/05/1997 - 1st April 2004 from when AK took over account and payments commenced.
    Approx balance - £1014.81
    Date last paid- 01/08/2001
    Status - Default many years ago
    Account owner- Aktiv Kapital 2/Paying IQOR whom are sending payments to - Aktiv Kapital 2

1st April 2004 – Paying a £1 a month payments still in force.
    18th Dec 2013 – SAR came back minus the CCA requested to be included. AK have cancelled our agreement as I have not kept up with payments? Payments still in force, their financial history on the said account proves them to be lying. That particular letter was dated the 4th October 2013 and came with the SAR (Yet I never received it via the postal service FUNNY THAT?)
    30th Dec 2013 – Sent off CCA Template letter and included £1, sent via Recorded Delivery
    31st Dec 2013 – Aktiv Kapital received the CCA, Track and Trace confirmed.
    3rd Jan - Send for Credit report.
    8th Jan 14 - Reply from AK - RE CCA - they state and I quote " Unfortunately, we have been advised by the Original creditors that the documentation is NOT AVAILABLE.

Comment

Type of account - CREDIT CARD - Time Retail Finance (Hubby's)
      Date commenced - 18/02/1998
      Approx balance - £2293.93
      Date last paid- 1999/ 2000
      Status - Default 25/03/2000
      Account owner- Aktiv Kapital 3

10th March 2011 - Aktiv Kapital sent a letter asking us to release equity in our home to pay a this debt? Ummm one word NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Type of account - CREDIT CARD - Time Retail Finance (Jules/Mine)
        Date commenced - unknown more than likely 1997 onward yet no later than 2002
        Approx balance - £1500.00
        Status - Default not sure of date.
        Account owner- Aktiv Kapital 4

I never sent off for a SAR on this account so not sure when the default was first placed onto account.

Comment

Type of account - CREDIT CARD - Associates (Hubby's)
          Date commenced - approx 2000 Awaiting a SAR request to come back
          Approx balance - £1919.46
          Status - Default not sure of date. Probably 2000
          Account owner- CABOT

1st April 2004 – Was paying £1 a month up until April 2013 then started paying a £5 a month payments still in force.
          3rd Dec 2013 - Requested SAR for other Cabot account, yet I guess they send ALL info on all accounts, as I found out with AK last month. This what I requested -
          1. I require as follows: - The name of the Original Creditor and the Original date this agreement was taken out.
          2. The original “TRUE” copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement
          3. Statement of Account
          4. Case Notes
          5. All Letters from myself to you and vice versa.
          6. Details of the named person/persons on this account
          28th Dec 2013 - Their letter was dated the 23rd Dec 2013. Acknowledgment received today from Cabot stating that the SAR will be sent in the form of a CD. Nothing back yet.
          Whilst nothing can be done on this account, I am guessing Cabot will send the SAR for this account as well as the other account even though I did not ask for it
          on this one.
          Cabot also state the following - Please be advised that Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd ("Cabot") may not hold information such as your credit agreements or Statements on file. In order to obtain this information, we recommend you contact the original lender, CitiFinancial (formally Associates) and Halifax, who will hold this information as the original data controllers.
          Now forgive me if I am wrong here yet when a DCA buys debts (even in bulk), why do they not hold this information? Basically they are not buying anything just bullying people to pay them from the way I see it from that letter.
          30th Dec 2013– Sent off CCA Template letter and included £1, sent via Recorded Delivery
          31st Dec 2013 – Cabot received the CCA, Track and Trace confirmed.
          3rd Jan 14 - Send for Credit report.
          7th Jan 14 - still nothing,I think its another 6 day left to get the SAR to me and about the same amount of time to get the CCA back to me also? I also sent to Halifax same time SAR.

Date Commenced NOV 1997 - Sent SAR Request December 2013
          Approx balance - £10,500
          Date last paid- approx 2003
          Are you on arrangement or not paying - CCJ court ordered £5 per month (was already paying that anyway).
          Status - Default not sure of date. Probably 2003 APPROX
          Account owner- CABOT 2 (CCJ)

2003 - Arrangement in place for a reduced payment plan via HALIFAX, £5 per month was accepted
          November 2008 - Halifax sold off debt to Cabot
          Dec 2008 - Made same arrangement with Cabot, change standing order to pay Cabot instead of Halifax.
          Jan/Feb 2010 - Received Court Papers? Didn't understand why as I never missed a payment. This can be proved via Halifax SAR bank statement's.
          Feb 2010 - Appointment with CAB, they did all the paperwork and sent it off to the courts. CAB never questioned I have not missed payments in court, neither did they ask for a true copy of a CCA or P&T's.
          March 2010 - The courts granted Cabot a CCJ on the account minus a CCA and no P&T's. Cabot told the court that they became assignee's of the debt in November 2008 and after numerous letter we had failed to make payments on the account?PAYMENTS NEVER STOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH???
          March 2010 - Copy of CCJ came (I did not know it was a CCJ until last week Dec 2013, yes I am thick).
          Never asked for the SAR to be on this account yet looks like its the norm to send the info on ALL they hold on a person.

Last edited by jules3107; 8 January 2014, 13:38.

Comment

Hi Diddlydee

Thank You for that (editing my Diary), I really don't have a clue.

Jules xx

Comment

Originally posted by jules3107 View Post
              Hi everyone

Before anyone gets confused I am going to number all Aktiv Kapital Accounts as I have 4 of them. I have started all this at the same time, so they don't get a chance to pounce on the rest of the accounts one by one.

Type of account - CREDIT CARD - GE Capital (Hubby's)
              Date commenced - 17th Sept 2004 from when AK took over account and payments commenced.
              Approx balance - £1730.57
              Status - Default 28/06/2000
              Account owner-Aktiv Kapital 1

17th Sept 2004 – Paying a £1 a month payments still in force.
              18th Dec 2013 – SAR came back minus the CCA requested to be included. AK have cancelled our agreement as I have not kept up with payments? Payments still in force, their financial history on the said account proves them to be lying.
              31st Dec 2013 –Aktiv Kapital received the CCA, Track and Trace confirmed.

Please clarify the actual start date of the agreement, not the start date it ended up with a dca as that affects things

Look ok at post 1 I've added a new line, please add the commencement date and do this for each account. Thanks

Its likely this will be UE so if it were me I'd send off a CCA request to Aktiv and cease payments now.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Type of account - CREDIT CARD - First National Tricity Finance (Hubby's)
                Date commenced - 1st April 2004 from when AK took over account and payments commenced.
                Approx balance - £1014.81
                Date last paid- 01/08/2001
                Status - Default many years ago
                Account owner- Aktiv Kapital 2/Paying IQOR whom are sending payments to - Aktiv Kapital 2

18th Dec 2013 – SAR came back minus the CCA requested to be included. AK have cancelled our agreement as I have not kept up with payments? Payments still in force, their financial history on the said account proves them to be lying.
                As above, in my last post.....

Its likely this will be UE so if it were me I'd send off a CCA request to Aktiv and cease payments now.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Type of account - CREDIT CARD - Time Retail Finance (Hubby's)
                  Date commenced - 3rd April 2003 from when AK took over account and payments commenced.
                  Approx balance - £2293.93
                  Date last paid- 1999/ 2000
                  Status - Default 25/03/2000
                  Account owner- Aktiv Kapital 3

10th March 2011 - Aktiv Kapital sent a letter asking us to release equity in our home to pay a this debt? Ummm one word NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  ditto - again

this will be unenforceable, guaranteed so you can stop paying thIs but please edit your posts and add a new line on each with the actual account commencement date please.

Comment

Type of account - CREDIT CARD - Time Retail Finance (Jules/Mine)
                    Date commenced - 3rd April 2003 from when AK took over account and payments commenced. This is an approximate date.
                    Approx balance - £1500.00
                    Status - Default not sure of date.
                    Account owner- Aktiv Kapital 4

I never sent off for a SAR on this account so not sure when the default was first placed onto account.
                    see above....

Comment

Type of account - CREDIT CARD - Associates (Hubby's)
                      Date commenced - approx 2000
                      Approx balance - £1919.46
                      Status - Default not sure of date. Probably 2000
                      Account owner- CABOT

1st April 2004 – Was paying £1 a month up until April 2013 then started paying a £5 a month payments still in force.
                      27th Dec 2013 - Cabot acknowledgement letter received to say they will send the SAR in the form of a CD.
                      30th Dec 2013– Sent off CCA Template letter and included £1, sent via Recorded Delivery
                      31st Dec 2013 – Cabot received the CCA, Track and Trace confirmed.
                      associates was taken over by Citi card who in turn sold out to progressive finance (opus) who won't have a copy of your agreement so this will likely be dead as well.

looking good all in all

Comment

Hi Niddy,

All done lol

I WILL get the hang of it I promise.

Thank You

Jules xx

Comment

Ok so we're awaiting cca requests now. That's it - email when they arrive

Comment

Evening/Morning all,

Yes I am a night owl, that when I do all my personal stuff IN PEACE (kids in bed).

One quick question.

I was reading through another members diary just now as saw something that relates to one of my debts. Namely Cabot.

So my question is ;- If an account is already in default and you have in place an arrangement to pay the DCA, plus you have already sent in an I&E. Can the DCA's ask for another I&E?
                            Do I have to legally provide another?
                            The reason for asking is, Cabot sent a letter back in October 2013, I could not do it then as I was in hospital undergoing major surgery, yet contacted them via e-mail informing them I was out of action so to speak. So they send again via e-mail an I&E, which I have filled in yet not sent off as of yet. If I do not have to send it back I wont

Many Thanks

Jules xx

Last edited by jules3107; 3 January 2014, 02:57.

Comment

Hi,
                              No dca is not legally entitled to an I/E only a judge can order one. If you have already supplied one and you are going to continue to pay them why not supply another and tweak it to your advantage? Niddy has the trigger figures somewhere and someone will point you to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X