GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tastyjane's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tastyjane's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tastyjane's UE diary

• Capital One Credit Card
    • Date commenced - I think 2005
    • Approx balance - £4860.46 (although DCA claiming £4835.46)

• Date last paid - October 2008
    • Not Paying

• Status - about to be served a Statutory Demand
    • CCA applied for today - 31.01.13

• Account owner - Lowell Portfolio I
    05.01.13 - SD served dated 15th January - emailed over to Niddy
    Last edited by tastyjane; 5 February 2013, 18:31. Reason: SD received

Re: Tastyjane's EU diary

Egg Credit Card

Date commenced - 18/10/2001

Approx balance - £10275.33

Date last paid - October 2008
    Not Paying

Status - Default
    Send CCA request today 31.01.13

Account owner - Not sure if its Aktiv Kaptial or Equidebt - both are sending correspondence.
    Last edited by tastyjane; 2 August 2013, 18:14. Reason: amended date

Comment

Egg Money Card

Date commenced - 14/07/2005

Approx balance - £10391.54

Date last paid - February 2009
      Not Paying

Status - don't appear to have been contacted by anyone since 2009 when they wrote to accept my offer of £5 per month, I stopped paying in Feb 2009.

Account owner - I am assuming still Egg
      Last edited by tastyjane; 2 August 2013, 18:14. Reason: amended date

Comment

Platinum MasterCard (I think it was a Morgan Stanley card originally)

Date commenced - Circa 2002
        Approx balance - £6300.21

Date last paid - October 2008
        Not Paying

Status - not sure if I have received letters recently as I went through a phase of just throwing them away

Account owner - Not sure

Comment

Lloyds TSB Credit Card

Date commenced - 1985
          Approx balance - £10619.54

Date last paid - they say 15/04/09 I believe it was Nov 2008
          Not Paying

Status - Not sure although TSB issued me a default Notice which was not dated back in December 2008

Account owner - Not sure, again I had a tendency to throw away letters

02/09/13 account was sold to Lowell CCA applied for lowell confirmed today its not available due to the age of the agreement and have closed my account
          Last edited by tastyjane; 2 September 2013, 13:36.

Comment

I hope I have done this right - what a couple of days, it is the first time I have actually written down all I owe and to be honest it seems a huge amount of debt! I do however feel pretty empowered after sending off for 2 CCA's today. I am not sure what to do about the cards I don't seem to hear from at the moment, should I let sleeping dogs lie or apply for the CCA's anyway?

Jane x

Comment

That's set out fine jane

When replies start coming in, I find it's easier to have one colour for letters received and another for letters sent.

The amount of debt might seem huge but there are users on here with debt many times that!

Doesn't it feel good to start fighting back? You can start sleeping at nights now.

I wouldn't worry too much about the cards you haven't heard from for a while (though someone else might have a different opinion.) I would wait until you hear from them and then send cca requests.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done Jane

I agree with Pixie, don't prod the ones that aren't contacting you, just keep a low profile if you can until your 6 years is up...and you're well on the way there!

I started off with about £10K more than you..had £20K written off with Niddy's help, and the rest rarely contact me as mostly unenforceable. I've just got till Jan 2015 to go for most off mine to drop off.

I found it helped to get a few ringbinder folders/dividers and put all the letters for each debt together. I actually enjoyed doing it, very empowering and helps to organise your thoughts.

The CCA's you've sent...staple the receipts for PO and Rec Del onto a copy of the CCA for your folders. Check online with Royal Mail tracking and print out a screenshot to prove receipt too, for your folders.

Keep us informed on everything they send and we'll help you deal with it

Comment

Re: Tastyjane's UE diary

Trust me, my mothers debt is way bigger than this, and a fraction is enforceable. So dont worry!

We will need to sort out your SD if it arrives though.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Jane.

Good luck with the journey and you have found a great crowd of supportive people here.

Not only are they supportive they know their stuff too.

Little bit of hope for you as there are two Egg cards in that lot.

Researching Egg and its demise you will find there are a number of us who seem to have not been transferred to Barclays (The ones who had defaulted and werent paying it fully back)

Egg itself doesnt exist anymore and these dead eggs are being run by Citi who of course Egg were part of. The company dealing with things is Canada Square Operations.

Canada Square seem to be busy with the shredder to avoid PPI claims. If you dont have proof and they have no record well there aint no claim game over.

But while shredding they seem to have been shredding other stuff. Some of this other stuff is CCA's.

Now you will learn that every debt behaves differently and this might not apply to you but that quiet egg could well be one of these dead ones.

So as already advised dont prod this one for sure. It could get smelly if you do. I am also hoping for you the Aktiv Egg is actually a dead Egg too, just it has some rather excitable children playing with it

Good luck and only worry about whats infront of you. Not the quiet ones. To start with there is always a flurry of shouting and screaming from the DCA's before they realise you arent the person you were last week and now intend to fight them.

Comment

good luck Jane, i started my ue route last June and out of £37,424 £26,100 is ue

Comment

Well I have checked that all the CCA letters have been delivered and captured the screen prints to show confirmation that they have :-) I have started a file for each and have pulled together the little bit of paperwork I have at the moment (threw most of the letters as part of my ostrich approach).

I feel a little like I have just lit a firework :-)

Jane x

Comment

Well done everything filed in date order (with Envelopes attached) and written in each one date of receipt, attached any Recorded delivery receipts off the Royal Mail site to the back of the letter as further evidence.

Comment

well done you!

Not so much a firework, think of it as laying the first bricks in a protective wall.
                            (plenty of labourers around on here to help you build it too )

Comment

Is it wrong to be enjoying this a little

Jane x

Comment

Working...
                              X