GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spud's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spud's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spud's UE Diary

NatWest Credit Card

Start: Feb 2002
    Balance: £ 4083.21 ( As of 16th Nov 2012 – They do not send statements)
    Last Full Payment: Approx Nov 2011
    Present Situation: £1.00 Token payments that they say they cannot accept – but do

Dec 16th
    Default Sum notice received – Late Payment/Over limit

Jan 17th
    Letter received asking for account to be credited with missing payment
    Jan 20th
    Letter sent to NatWest advising of financial hardship and asking to consider token payments
    Feb 8th
    Request for financial Statement - Sent
    Feb 17th
    Letter detailing two missed payments
    Feb 22nd
    Letter sent to NatWest asking for a couple of weeks “Breathing space” to come back to them with a repayment offer
    March 21st
    Reply to my above letter – Need complete financial statement – Sent again!!
    March 21st
    CCA Request Sent
    April 5th
    Token Payment letter sent with Payment – Contact only Via letter ect
    April 16th
    No CCA Received to date – Reminder letter sent
    April 17th
    Letter received detailing two last payments
    April 17th
    Reply to my CCA request – Requesting Signatures ( They kept my £1 P/O)
    April 19th
    Letter sent – No signature required ect – Asked them to comply with request as they still had my payment
    April 24th
    Reply to my letter – They state No £1.00 enclosed !!!!! ( As they kept it) and signature required!
    May 2nd
    Letter sent advising that I have made two Requests for CCA – They kept my fee ect – A formal complaint will be raised if they fail to comply.
    May 17th
    Account in Dispute letter sent
    May 31st
    CCA Reply – Copy of CCA/Terms ect
    June 15th
    Letter received detailing last two missed payments
    June 28th
    Another CCA received – Copy of CCA/Terms ect
    July 12th
    Letter received stating they had not received Financial information/S.O.A.
    July 18th
    Formal complaint made – Not complying with CCA request/ Asking for details I had sent/Refusal to reduce interest ect
    July 24th
    Response to my Formal Complaint – Skirting around the issues and not answering my complaint – They cannot agree with the complaint!
    Sept 4th
    Default Notice Received
    Sept 17th
    Default Sum notice Received
    Sept 26th
    Account Termination Notice Received
    Oct 22nd
    Token Payment letter Sent
    Nov 16th
    Letter – Not prepared to accept token payments
    Nov 17th
    Token Payment Letter Sent
    Dec 18th
    Token payment letter sent
    Dec 29th
    Letter – Not prepared to accept token payments – Being passed to “our” Debt recovery Department and will “Default” account

Jan 22nd
    Letter – Please complete a financial statement and an offer of repayment
    Last edited by Spud; 4 February 2013, 02:46.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Spud's UE Diary

lot of work in that Spud

have you sent what they say is a CCA (quite a collection there) off to Niddy?

Comment

This is my First Thread on the U/E Road

I will try to improve it as I go along - Computers are not my first love but I'm getting better

Just starting out with my first card - more to follow ( Read too many !!)

I have limited access and time to use the computer so please be patient - I will always get back to you and do really appreciate all your help ( In Advance ) that is !!

Background

Debts were built up mainly from taking time out of running my own business to care for a couple of members of my family who were seriously Ill ( Now Departed )

And then my parents with various stages of illness ( Still not right but getting better)

Had serious issues with Work/ Threat of redundancy that lasted near a year.

Kept my job but had to take a major drop in Salary so paying the mortgage/Feeding the children became the priority and paying the Cards had to stop.

Was going to persue the U/E route last year but with caring for family ect - Put on hold till now

I will be sending the CCA received off to Niddy ( Sorry Nidddy - Quite a lot!!)

Watch this Space!
      Last edited by Spud; 30 January 2013, 20:09.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Are you still making token payments? You would be a year nearer to SB if you weren't!
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Still making the token payments on all the debts - That may soon change !!

My head has been a bit cloudy the last couple of years and to be honest - I've been suffering ( No sympathy needed or expected) from the effects of the last few years ( Not been good) Which has really affected me. Unfortunately - I'm the person people turn to to sort the issues out so no time for issues of my own!

I have to admit that I have took the feeling that as long as they hav'nt been hassling me, ( Some have but I soon sorted that) Whilst I've been sorting things out, I have been happy with that.

Now that I am feeling a bit stronger again in myself, Its time to get this sorted.

I have to look at the U/E route or realistically Bancruptcy

Obviously the U/E route is the preferred option but with Bancruptcy my only other realistic option ( Apart from a string of CCJ's) I've got nothing to lose really. I would like to get a definate solution in place.

Once I know the unenforcability status of each Debt - I can then make an informed decision. Completely get where you are coming from though - It could be viewed as a year lost!

Comment

2 x CCA Replys for this account Sent to Niddy ( As long as it sent ok due to file size )

A fair bit of bedtime reading - Sorry Niddy

Fingers crossed with this, My first account in the list

Comment

Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Thanks Ken

It would be nice for the first one at least

Start as you mean to go on and all that !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                  2 x CCA Replys for this account Sent to Niddy ( As long as it sent ok due to file size )

A fair bit of bedtime reading - Sorry Niddy

Fingers crossed with this, My first account in the list
                  Good luck with this Spud, but even if it is not it aint all over. You will get back control of your life, and things will get better. I had a few years back in 2010 when it felt too much to cope with, then I found Niddy and the crew. My life has changed and I can actually say I now have a life. You are not alone and as long as you want you got us. Keeping it all crossed - Pezman

Comment

Thanks Pezman, I appreciate the thought

I think many are or have been in the same boat. I'm behind this site 100%. The help it and the members has given me ( Even before I joined) has made a huge difference to me already.

When I was being hassled 20 times a day - Without this site quite literally I would'nt have had a clue where to start!

Hopefully - Given a bit of experience, I could then go on to help other people who are where I am now!

I'll certainly keep you posted

Comment

good luck spud , it gets easier as the months pass by and you feel more in control than ever before , its a great feeling being back in control

Comment

American Express Credit Card

Start: Feb 2003
                        Balance: £845.40 ( July 2012 - No contact/Statements since)
                        Last Full Payment: Nov 2011
                        Present: £1.00 Month Token payment
                        Status: Defaulted. Terminated, With External DCA (Allied)

Jan15th
                        Notice of default sums received
                        Jan20th
                        Change of Circumstances letter sent
                        Feb 15th
                        Notice of Default sums received
                        Feb 22nd
                        No correspondence received letter – Complaint ref. telephone harassment
                        March 3rd
                        Arrears notice letter
                        March 1st
                        Default notice received
                        March 7th
                        Formal complaint – Harassment by Telephone
                        March 17th
                        Notice of Cancellation received
                        March 18th
                        Overdue account letter from Newman ( Assigned whilst in dispute )
                        March 29th
                        Newman threat’o’gram – Notice of Legal action – Blah Blah…
                        March 30th
                        Letter – Still investigating your complaint
                        April 5th
                        Newman – Threat of field agent visit……..
                        April 12th
                        Newman – Notice of Further action Threat’o’gram
                        April 19th
                        Newman – Attention – Cannot accept your token payments letter
                        April 19th
                        CCA request sent
                        April 28th
                        Formal complaint still under investigation letter
                        April 30th
                        Newman – Legal action Threat ‘o’ Gram – A bailiff will be coming to seize my goods
                        May 10th
                        CCA Reply received – Copy of application form
                        May 12th
                        Reply to formal complaint – Skirting around the issues
                        June 28th
                        Notice of referral to external Collections Agency (Allied Credit)
                        July 9th
                        Allied International Credit introduction letter received

Feb 6th
                        CCA emailed to Niddy - Niddy says
                        Last edited by Spud; 4 July 2013, 17:24.

Comment

Been making token payments to the Amex Account £1.00 per month

Heard nothing from them since July 2012 - Not even a statement

CCA reply was copy of "60 Second Application form" and old terms that appear to be on a seperate form + New terms

CCA to be sent to Niddy for Checking over next few days

Comment

Tesco Credit Card

Start: July 2000
                            Balance: £3500 Approx
                            Last Full Payment: Nov 2011
                            Present: £1.00 Month Token payment

Jan 17th
                            Default sum notice received
                            Jan 20th
                            Change of Circumstances letter sent
                            Feb 1st
                            Arrears letter received
                            Feb 8th
                            Financial statement request - Sent reply
                            Feb 18th
                            Letter received detailing last two payments
                            Feb 28th
                            Default notice received
                            March 20th
                            Letter aknowledging my token payments
                            March 21st
                            CCA Request letter sent
                            April 5th
                            Token payment letter sent
                            April 16th
                            CCA reminder letter sent
                            April 17th
                            Letter received dertailing my last two payments
                            April 18th
                            Letter asking for signature ref CCA request - Declined
                            April 19th
                            Termination letter received
                            April 24th
                            Letter asking for my signature ref CCA request
                            May 2nd
                            Formal complaint - Not replying to my letters - Kept my £1 CCA fee ect
                            May 17th
                            Account in dispute letter sent
                            May 29th
                            CCA Reply Received - Application form & terms (missing date!)
                            May 30th
                            Account in despute letter sent - Cannot read terms sent ect
                            June 7th
                            Letter received - Cannot yet respond to formal complaint
                            June 14th
                            Another ( Same) copy of application form received
                            July 17th
                            Default sum notice received

Feb 6th
                            CCA emailed to Niddy - Niddy says
                            Last edited by Spud; 7 February 2013, 02:04.

Comment

Been making token payments to the Tesco Account £1.00 per month

Heard nothing from them since August 2012 - Not even a statement

CCA reply was copy of Application form and Funny modern looking terms that appear to be on a seperate form as they bear no resemblance to Application form format

CCA to be sent to Niddy for Checking over next few days

Comment

Working...
                              X