GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spud's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spud's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spud's UE Diary

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Halifax Credit Card

Start: June 2001
      Balance: £11283
      Last Full Payment: Nov 2011
      Present: £1.00 Month Token payment

Jan 05th
      Missed payment letter received
      Jan 16th
      Jan 18th
      Jan 20th
      Change of circumstances letter sent
      Feb2nd
      Letter detailing last 2 missed payments
      Feb 2nd
      Missed payments letter received
      Feb 9th
      Response to my change of circumstances letter
      Feb 9th
      Another response to the above letter !!!
      Feb 9th
      Yet another response to the above same letter !!!!!!
      Feb 9th
      You wont believe this… Yes yet another response to the above letter !!!!!!!
      Feb 14th
      Default Notice received
      Feb 28th
      Termination notice received
      March 9th
      Income & Expenditure request letter
      March 15th
      Albion Collections – Welcome letter
      April 2nd
      Albion Collections – Call us letter – Still not paid
      April 3rd
      Letter detailing the two last missed payments
      April 12th
      Albion Collections – Pay now or further action letter
      April 19th
      CCA Request letter sent
      April 20th
      Albion Collections – Income & Expenditure required letter
      April 23rd
      Albion Collections – Pay now before action letter
      April 24th
      Halifax acknowledgement of CCA request letter
      May 2nd
      Albion Collections – Threat of doorstep collector letter received
      May 11th
      CCA Received
      May 14th
      Albion Collections – Threat of doorstep collector letter received
      May 18th
      Formal Complaint – Harassment by telephone and doorstep collector
      June 2nd
      Letter detailing last two missed payments
      July 4th
      Formal complaint – Continued harassment after previous complaint
      July 10th
      Blair Oliver and Scott – Introduction letter
      July 23rd
      Blair Oliver and Scott – Threat of Doorstep Collectors letter
      August 14th
      Blair Oliver and Scott – Door step Collector threat o Gram
      August 31st
      Blair Oliver and Scott – Phone us letter
      Sept 18th
      Blair Oliver and Scott – Phone us letter
      Oct 8th
      Blair Oliver and Scott – Phone us – Doorstep Collector threat o Gram
      Oct 9th
      Blair Oliver and Scott - £1 pcm Token payment is acceptable

Feb 6th
      CCA sent to Niddy - Niddy says
      Last edited by Spud; 7 February 2013, 02:00.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA Credit Card

Start: Jan 2002
        Balance: £2708

Jan 20th
        Change of circumstances letter sent
        Jan 24th
        Over credit limit letter received
        Feb 8th
        Reminder – Payment not received
        Feb 8th
        Account restricted letter
        Feb 22nd
        Arrears notice received
        March 8th
        Arrears letter received
        March 21st
        CCA Request Letter sent
        March 27th
        Most recent terms and conditions received…..
        March 30th
        Payment due immediately letter
        April 3rd
        CCA Reply received
        April 4th
        Missed payments letter received
        April 13th
        April 24th
        Notice of sums in arrears
        May 10th
        Imminent termination of agreement letter
        June 1st
        June 7th
        Default notice received
        June 23rd
        Notice of sums in arrears
        July 27th
        Call us letter
        August 15th
        Account terminated letter
        Sept 13th
        Acknowledge my complaint – I hadn’t made a complaint – Just a strong letter!
        Sept 21st
        Still investigating complaint letter received

Feb 6th
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Barclaycard Mastercard

Start: Pre 2006 – Will update
          Balance: £7800 ( Sept 2012 - No contact/Statements since)

Jan 20th
          Change of Circumstances letter sent
          Feb 8th
          Letter received agreeing to token Payments
          Feb 22nd
          Further contact letter sent – Thankyou for Token payments ect
          April 8th
          Mercers - Default notice Received
          April 10th
          Mercers – Immediate action needed – Threat of Doorstep Collector
          April 18th
          Resolvecall Introduction letter
          April 21st
          Reply to Resolvecall – Prove it letter
          April 27th
          Mercers – 48 hours notice of doorstep collector
          May 4th
          Resolvecall – No longer dealing with account
          June 6th
          Mercers - £1.00 Token payment offer letter
          August 8th
          Phonecall asking to confirm address – We’ve got a parcel to deliver - Capquest
          August 9th
          Capquest – Doorstep visit threat o gram letter
          August 24th
          Capquest – Letter before action letter threatening Bailiffs ect
          Sept 8th
          Capquest – Letter confirming no interest or fees added to account
          NO DATE ON LETTER
          HL Legal – Court proceedings May be taken letter
          Sept 23rd
          Capquest – Apparent we need to start litigation/ Reduced offer letter
          Last edited by Spud; 11 February 2013, 08:24.

Comment

I will be sending off for a CCA on this account over the next few days

Couple of questions:

August 8th - Partner received a telephone call saying they had a parcel to deliver and could we confirm the address - Got the number off the phone - Capquest !!

Is this regarded as misleding activity?

I also wonder about the tone and content of Capquests letters - Threatening bailiff action and walking possession orders ect if successful at court before we have been anywhere near a court!

I'll have to post them up on here - They seem just a bit too strong if you know what I mean and I believe Capquest have been known to be a bit heavy handed ! - It would be nice to have a genuine cause to complain - Ammo for a case ect

Another thing - The Letter from HL Legal ( Which I believe are a £35 solicitors letter hire firm) has no date on it yet it threatens that if not paid/Settlement by a certain date - Court proceedings may be issued..... And then details what the court costs will be ect

Surely it would be reasonable for a "Genuine" Solicitors letter to contain a date - Especially if threatening a "pay by date"

I wonder If HL Legal just sell them the letterheads and they just print away?

Comment

Barclaycard Visa

Start: Pre 2006 – Will update
              Balance: £350 - Not much I know but still a lot to me!

Jan 20th
              Change of Circumstances letter sent
              Feb 8th
              Token payments accepted letter
              April 3rd
              Formal payment plan offer letter
              April 8th
              Mercers – Default Notice
              April 22nd
              Mercers – Can we help – Doorstep collector threat
              May 4th
              Complaint and remove access to property letter sent
              May 11th
              Confirm complaint received
              June 6th
              Complaint reply – Have removed tel. Nos ect
              June 6th
              Barclaycard – Token payments offer accepted
              Oct 10th
              Confirm telephone no’s removed from account letter
              Nov 18th
              Mercers – Default notice received

Jan 3rd
              Mercers – Token payment offer accepted

Will be sending off the CCA request letter shortly

Feb 23rd
              Last edited by Spud; 23 February 2013, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post

Couple of questions:

August 8th - Partner received a telephone call saying they had a parcel to deliver and could we confirm the address - Got the number off the phone - Capquest !!

I also wonder about the tone and content of Capquests letters - Threatening bailiff action and walking possession orders ect if successful at court before we have been anywhere near a court!

I'll have to post them up on here - They seem just a bit too strong if you know what I mean and I believe Capquest have been known to be a bit heavy handed ! - It would be nice to have a genuine cause to complain - Ammo for a case ect

Another thing - The Letter from HL Legal ( Which I believe are a £35 solicitors letter hire firm) has no date on it yet it threatens that if not paid/Settlement by a certain date - Court proceedings may be issued..... And then details what the court costs will be ect

Surely it would be reasonable for a "Genuine" Solicitors letter to contain a date - Especially if threatening a "pay by date"

they are letterheads for rent Spud

while it's all against the guidelines, it's horribly common, keep everything in a big file, if you ever need it, you have it, the point of UE is to prepare for court in the hope that you'll never need the preparation

xx

Comment

Thanks Mrs D

My file is growing nicely... If it were a tomato plant I would be really pleased with it !

I Keep everything filed away in date order - Took some time to set up but its worth it.

Completely agree with your summary - I ( Would... Eventually !) like to have all the arguments set out and ready to go... Even If I dont need them, Thats just the kind of person I am.

I might look further into this - As you say, It may have possibly breached the guidelines - Nothing major I know but 100 minor breaches that I detail and research may just swing things in my favour one day if that day ever comes !

Thankyou

Comment

they tend to say (on telephone) much worse

as long as you have everything, that's fine, our preferred legal eagle just loves this sort of stuff if it goes to court, but that's the last option so try no to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post

Couple of questions:

H.L. letters for Hire @ 75p, but state do not reply to them but the address below:- DCA chasing you, I use to send response to H.L. and then get a letter from them stating they forwarded to DCA as I had not followed Instructions on base of letter, hence their 75p credit has been more than spent by them responding to me and forwarding to DCA.
                      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 11 February 2013, 08:53.

Comment

I haven't got time to read through the whole thread, but why in the name of Beelzebub are you making token payments on Sharklaycards which were taken out before 2006? This achieves absolutely nothing. It doesn't stop the possibility of litigation, it doesn't stop the threats and harassment, and it doesn't even reduce the alleged balance by anything worth mentioning. All it does is continually restart the limitation clock and push into the future the date when you might be free of all this.

The chances of the agreements even existing are slim. If they did exist, they would probably be unenforceable, and even if they weren't you could probably blag it with the type of clowns you are dealing with here.

Get s. 78 requests off and start the ball rolling on UE. It is almost certain to succeed in these cases.

SH

PS The default notice received in November - have you retained it with the envelope? Has anyone seen and it and said whether or not it is compliant?

Comment

I like it... A nice sneaky way of costing them some money!

I did'nt reply - Researched them - On here I think It was.. and it said just as you had done - Letterheads for hire

Never thought of replying to them so that it may actually cost them.... Not that I would of course .......

I'm just quietly gathering every small snippet of evidence I can against all these DCA's ect - I could just be the straw that broke the donkeys back

Comment

SH - Thankyou

I fully appreciate what you are saying. I know you hav'nt read the full post - Basically

I went through a "Bad" patch and the token payments were just a way to "buy" me a few months where the Creditors backed off a bit ect Just could'nt cope with the continued contact - Especially Barclaycard who turned up on my door ( Soon sent them off though )

I'm now feeling quite a bit better, Have eventually joined this site ( After lurking for months) and am activly looking at the UE route.

CCA's for these 2 Barclaycard accounts will be posted off within the next few days. As soon as I receive them... I will then again Spam Niddys inbox ( Sorry Niddy ) and send a copy of the default notices ect

I have heard that Barclaycard are one of the worst CCA wise... Not counting my chickens but fingers crossed

Comment

Its interesting to see someone entering the UE journey and someone reaching the promised land of UE.

The initial stopping of payments when you start just seems plain wrong. Our mindset clouded by bank and DCA contact and yes the wider public moral tells us this.

What seems incomprehensible to one seems very sensible to another and vice versa.

We being cautious in nature took ages to cancel the payments then agonised afterwards what we had done. Whats happened? We had been led to believe hell and damnation just to start would be our fate. But the reality is we have so far got one solitary letter. The we are off to look for the CCA letter. The other ones the cat got their tongue.

Every debt is personnal. Even one that is small on here is big to us just because its there and part of our overall problem.

I understand both positions but do think the more immersed into UE we become the more our mindset changes.
                              The start is a scarey time, the end I can only imagine.

Comment

Thats very true Ken - Wise Words

I can see... In my case at least that not stopping payments when I first started looking at the UE route a year ago means that I now have a year longer to wait as it were... But different situations for different people I suppose.

I'm not too bothered about stopping the payments as I can prove beyond any reasonable doubt that I cannot even afford to pay the token payments but have been doing so out of our already tiny groceries budget.

I am keen to look at any negative influence that witholding payment may have should I ever come to court, Not as a reason to keep paying but so I can get a good counter argument in place should that day arrive.

I've been reading with interest, "Pauls" posts about keeping a contact with creditors and what he says about witholding payments ect.

I'm just one of those "Got to get the plan sorted first" type people I guess

Comment

Working...
                                X