GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spud's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spud's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spud's UE Diary

Originally posted by Spud View Post
    I might sniff the cigar once in a while..... But I've got to wait 6 years to smoke it
    Yes, it is a long journey, and not necessarily an easy one. But, as someone who has successfully reached the six year milestone without ever paying a penny to a debt collector (other than £1 statutory fees, of course), I can promise you that it is possible.

There are no guarantees, but there is plenty of support on here to help you get over any hurdles which may appear. Good Luck.

SH

Comment

Thankyou

I do appreciate all your support

If I was'nt on this forum I would'nt be anywhere near this point by now

Knowledge is Power - Onwards and upwards......
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
        2001? No chance, whatever they have sent you is probably a "fairy story" to stop you from sleeping. Have a bad night!

Don't believe a word.

Barclaycard are as my mother used to say.

A bigger liar than cracker Dan!

Still don't know who Cracker Dan was though.
        Found Cracker Dan! Dictionary of Potteries Slang and common sayings.

Comment

Beat me to it..... I was going to look that up sometime this weekend

Some of the old slang and sayings are quite funny really when you think of them - Its quite interesting to see how they originated

A bit like the saying " Daylight Robbery" - Very interesting how that came about yet we all use it without knowing its true meaning/How it originated
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Best of luck on the rest of your UE journey Spud. May the bumps in the six-year road be little ones.

Comment

Thankyou

Dont worry........ Niddy gave me the keys to the AAD Steamroller

Comment

Dont worry........ Niddy gave me the keys to the AAD Steamroller
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Barclaycard have today sent me another nice letter..... I'm getting popular

It states, "Thankyou for contacting Barclaycard, Arrangements have been made to send a copy of your original agreement via seperate cover"

Now I wonder if this refers to my Recon agreements I have already received....Passing them off as "original" Or they have actually found my application forms from 2001 ish - Which in some ways could be more useful.

Has anybody else managed to get the original out of Barclaycard from these dates?

How interesting.... Barclaycard have sent me a copy of my original Application form ( And that is all it is - Clearly states that at the top) and not agreement as the stated in their letter

Does anybody know why this could be........ Mmmmm

Strange thing is, The application form ( Before I had the card) has the Account number filled in..... In what appears to be my handwriting....

I had'nt even been accepted at this point, So How would I know what my account number would be ???

Could this be a little bit of Blue Peter cut and paste?

Seems very strange - Has anybody else seen this before?

Comment

nope but then nothing surprises me anymore

when the templates up I'd pop off "it's an application form you goons"

Comment

• Re: Spud's UE Diary

Barclaycard told me that the "application form" becomes the agreement. Obviously once signed and dated by both parties, (not in my case) they also said that the prescribed terms are on the rear of the "application form" although in my case there is no reference to them. Did your application form also contain the wording, "when we consider your application" by any chance?

Comment

Mrs D - thankyou... Will do

Enforcer - Its that bad a copy you cannot really make out the words - I will try to see if it has that wording though.

This one is unsigned by Barclayard as well

Very strange about the Account number - Im almost positive it is my own writing.... Its that bad a copy

Comment

Well I sent a copy of this Application form to Niddy - As I suspected... Changes nothing - Still

I looked long and hard at this application form last night

It turns out the writing for the account number is mine....

I had a Barclaycard visa and this was a quick application for a Mastercard version

So basically all i had to do is fill in my name, Address, Visa account number and send it off. So literally just an application - No terms ect

With this and a dodgy, Uncompliant recon for this account.... I must confess this account is looking pretty good.

The account dates from 2001 and from what people say, Although not impossible... Its unlikely they would have the agreement tucked away somewhere in the dark and damp basement at Barclaycard towers

Is it wrong to walk around with abit of a smirk on your face when things like this fall into place?

Comment

Sorry to double post.... try not to where possible

I have an old current account with Lloyds that had an overdraft - Overlimit and account now closed ect

I sent the Overdraft CCA Template letter (Ammended to suit) about 3 weeks ago (Recorded delivery)

I have had no contact or even reply from Lloyds regarding this - Which is good in some ways ( Ignoring my letters ect)

But what would be the next course of action for this?

Obviously with the other CCA Request letters (Credit cards ect) We send the reminder ect - I presume an ammended reminder letter would be in order

Just wondering if there is something specific that needs to be included?

Comment

no reminders necessary for anything

if they don't reply with some odd bits of paper from the bottom of the bin or thereabouts, they are in default, just sit tight until they do reply, with any luck at all, they won't ............ever

Comment

Mrs D

Does that apply to Overdraft CCA's as well - I thought there was some differences in this and they would not really be in default?

I am aware, Its a bit of a blag in some ways.

Although them not contacting me and ignoring my letters is good - And could come in handy one day......

As you say, Think I will wait to see what they kindly send me next........Hopefully that may be some time

Comment

Working...
                                X