GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spud's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spud's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spud's UE Diary

Update

Well - Nothing at all from Lloyds regarding my Overdraft CCA request - Been about a month now!

This is the first month without making a token payment and true to form....As some users have said.......The sky has'nt fallen in ...

I have had a letter from Natwest - Were dissapointed that I hav'nt made a payment and kept to our agreement - They finally accepted token payments after a year of asking.....

Well They dont know yet....( Letter being sent tomorrow) But I'm really dissapointed that they are trying to enforce and collect on a debt that was improperly executed..... It seems that they will be in for a lot of dissapointment
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am wih you Spud.

The act of stopping paying seems so wrong. But once its done and for the reasons so supported on here you realise everything was built on a con.

The fear of hell and damnation keeps joe public compliant as the toffs and chosen ones continue to scam us left right and centre.

Wonder how many savings accounts are in for raiding next few days.

Keep it in the bank its safer they say. Now is it?

Comment

No, the sky is at the same height it's always been!

I think that the banks don't really know what to do with Overdraft CCA requests, you start quoting legislation at them and they run away.....mine did.

Maybe time to get ready for the first DCA to come along and bunp-start the merry-go-round!

Comment

Thanks

Yes another DCA next - Natwest said non payment would leave them no alternative than to instruct an external DCA - Which I'm looking forward to so I can lead them a merry dance and send them some letters that will have them tied up in knots..... And then return back to Natwest.....

Its the waiting until they correspond that is the hard bit.... and the waiting between letters - Deliberatley to draw the time out !!!!!!

I've got an army of letters to send but got to wait for them to make the first move as it were
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
            Thanks

Yes another DCA next - Natwest said non payment would leave them no alternative than to instruct an external DCA - Which I'm looking forward to so I can lead them a merry dance and send them some letters that will have them tied up in knots..... And then return back to Natwest.....

Its the waiting until they correspond that is the hard bit.... and the waiting between letters - Deliberatley to draw the time out !!!!!!

I've got an army of letters to send but got to wait for them to make the first move as it were
            Hi Spud, You have come such a long way since the first post and it is great to see, as many of us on hear have experienced, getting some control back in your life is exhilarating and you want more, "keep calm and carry on" cheers Pez

Comment

Thanks

If this helps I look on it as time well spent, as more time has elapsed towards the statute-barred date!

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
                If this helps I look on it as time well spent, as more time has elapsed towards the statute-barred date!
                Im 100% behind that way of thinking - Just eager to get the ball rolling.

I've got the letters ready - Just need a date and hit print....But I'm waiting for them to make the next contact....If it takes four weeks then thats four weeks closer to smoking my cigar !!!

Pezman - Thankyou, I do appreciate the support. I'm getting better at this everyday. Not 100% confident to advise others yet but I chip in where I can ect

Comment

Spud, mate...

Just chill a bit. You don't need an army of letters mate.

We're changing our templates next week so you'll notice loads of simpler templates which allow more freedom to personalise etc and in doing so you can easily merge one into another so if you're using our templates try and chill cos they'll be totally different come tomorrow/next week.

Just try and reply as and when it's needed. You've come a long way, please don't get too complacent cos that's when the fuckers get you by surprise. It ain't over till the fat cats are broke...

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps eager & unenforceability don't belong in the same sentence
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy

Thankyou - I appreciate what you say

I am very cautious when it comes to sending letters - And I will certainly be using one or two of your exellent templates ect

I'm just keen to at least get the first letter off to each DCA/Creditor so that it starts to get the ball rolling and set the precident as it were. But I'm going to let them come to me first and then reply.

I'm certainly not going to go in all guns blazing - Sorry just re-read my post and it comes accross a bit "over confident".... Just a sign that I'm getting on top of things I think

Comment

Am I right in thinking you've literally just started fighting CCA's!?

Lol - sorry mad busy week

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Am I right in thinking you've literally just started fighting CCA's!?

Lol - sorry mad busy week
                          Kept the Creditors/DCA's at bay with token payments for the last year whilst I was'nt in the best place as it were

Feeling much better about things now and moving forward following the U/E Route

CCA replys are all back and certified by your good self as U/E

This is the first month of non payment so obviously the " You hav'nt paid us" letters and phonecalls will re-start again

No problem sorting out the harassment side but I will be happy when thet have all had a stage 1 letter ( No pescribed terms ect) and they start the DCA merry-go-round as time ticks slowly away

I'm going to start as I mean to go on though.... And I'm waiting for them to contact me first, Before waiting around 10 days to reply ect

I'm not after bringing the fight to them but will feel happier when the ball has started rolling as it were.

Comment

Know what you mean Spud

Twice in one day lol

Feels sorta exposed dont it.

I put it down to the transit from being a totally cowed meek and mild client to one who sees another way forward. One that gives you life back.

Its that what have I done moment.

But when you look around at the longer at it posters you see it seems to all come so natually to them.

Oh yeah blah blah blah. Have this ya goons. Shut em up for another few weeks

Comment

Ken

Exposed is exactly the word - Thankyou, I could'nt think of a suitable word

They have no idea yet that I will be fighting this in a sensible, Controlled and logical way. Taking small steps and counter arguing their points at every step.

Challenging them at their own game and with a wealth of experience behind me ( The posters on this forum...Not me !!) making them re-assess their position.

At the minute, I am just Johnny debtor trying it on with a £1 month token payment. They may decide to strike whilst the iron is hot and try a sneaky move as I've literally just stopped payment!

Give it a few months and I'm sure they will see me in a different light - As somebody to be cautious around, A person who will not fall for their lies or be duped by misleading legislation ect

I will feel less exposed and more confident when things are underway and the message has carefully, Skillfully and well and truly rammed home

Comment

Ken

Exposed is exactly the word - Thankyou, I could'nt think of a suitable word

They have no idea yet that I will be fighting this in a sensible, Controlled and logical way. Taking small steps and counter arguing their points at every step.

Challenging them at their own game and with a wealth of experience behind me ( The posters on this forum...Not me !!) making them re-assess their position.

At the minute, I am just Johnny debtor trying it on with a £1 month token payment. They may decide to strike whilst the iron is hot and try a sneaky move as I've literally just stopped payment!

Give it a few months and I'm sure they will see me in a different light - As somebody to be cautious around, A person who will not fall for their lies or be duped by misleading legislation ect

I will feel less exposed and more confident when things are underway and the message has carefully, Skillfully and well and truly rammed home
                                Hi Spud, the really good bits are when they change their approach from "Gimi Gimi Gimi, take take take, want want want -- You then take control with the template letters and the CCA requests and they suddenly realise they cant control you any more and they become: sorry sorry sorry - suck suck suck - please please please and you become ---- Sod off you knobs, I got my life back. We are all learning on this site, even the boss - often wrong but never in doubt, he just gets "less" often wrong and "more" never in doubt, with you all the way, Pezman

Comment

Working...
                                X