GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Allthatglitters' Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allthatglitters' Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allthatglitters' Diary

A bit lost, but think this is what I'm supposed to do:
    • Type of account: Unsecured Loan

• Date commenced: April 2005

• Approx balance: £12,000

• Date last paid: Aug 2009 (It think)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying: Was on arrangement but now not paying (since August 2012)

• Account owner: Initial lender sold debt to DCA (Hillesden/DLC)

Contacted by solicitor on behalf of DCA in early December 2012 threatening legal action

10/12/12

Sent CCA request to Hillesden first class recorded with £1 postal order.
    Wrote to solicitor advising that communicating directing with DCA.

14/12/12
    Letter received from solicitor demanding income/expenditure details or else action will be raised.

20/12/12
    Copied CCA request to solicitors and requested they cease harassment until client resolves CCA request.

25/01/13
    Letter received from DCA asking me to contact them urgently via telephone. No mention in letter of CCA request and no CCA provided.

14/02/13
    After a couple of answering machine messages
    from the DCA, asking me to contact them urgently, I sent a reminder letter that they haven't adhered to my CCA request. Told them not to phone and to only write to me if in connection with the CCA request.

19/04/13
    Letter received from solicitor with a copy of a CCA, and income and expenditure forms to provide proposals for payment. Demanding response within 7 days.

22/04/13
    Niddy says CCA enforceable.
    Last edited by allthatglitters; 26 April 2013, 10:04.

Re: Allthatglitters' Diary

That's set out great atg...though I find it easier to have letters sent and letters received in different coloured fonts.

Just wait and see what you get back in response to your cca request.

Is this your only debt?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I've changed the font colour as suggested.

I have one other debt, which is in default but being paid back by arrangement and which will, all things being equal, be paid off this year.

Is there anything else I should be doing at the moment in view of the fact the DCA hasn't responded to my CCA request?
      Last edited by allthatglitters; 10 January 2013, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by allthatglitters View Post
        Is there anything else I should be doing at the moment in view of the fact the DCA hasn't responded to my CCA request?
        Did you send the letters recorded delivery so you've got evidence that they were sent?

If so, you don't need to do anything else.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
          Did you send the letters recorded delivery so you've got evidence that they were sent?

If so, you don't need to do anything else.

SH
          Yes.

Thank you.

Comment

Still nothing from DCA.

Incidentally. I note that the loan is no longer showing on any Equifax, Experian or Noddle reports.

I have only recently checked them.

I checked Experian some time back (maybe couple of years ago) and I'm certain it was being recorded then.

Wonder why its disappeared now? I was paying under arrangement until about 5 months ago. But no record of this on any Credit reports.

Anyone care to suggest why this is the case?
            Last edited by allthatglitters; 24 January 2013, 10:43. Reason: spelling

Comment

Do you know what was the date of your default? If it is over 6 years ago then it will have gone off the CRA's.

Dont confuse this with the debt has gone tho.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                Do you know what was the date of your default? If it is over 6 years ago then it will have gone off the CRA's.

Dont confuse this with the debt has gone tho.
                Default was September 2009. So 6 years hasn't passed.

Comment

That is indeed strange.

The only time that has happened to one of our debts was when it was assigned to a DCA.

The OC's record went to a closed account and the DCA's record didnt appear for two months.

Am sure someone will come up with a plausable reason.

Comment

Originally posted by allthatglitters View Post
                    Default was September 2009. So 6 years hasn't passed.
                    When (if) it does reappear check that the date is still correct. It is not unknown for DCAs to alter it (always forward ).

In fact, checking DN dates on CRA files against you own paperwork is also a good idea. I have just found two that were defaulted in Dec 2006 but showed as defaulted in 2008. Needless to say, the appropriate letters have been sent.

Comment

Allthatglitters is in Scotland

5 years to SB

Comment

Letter received from DCA asking me to contact them urgently via telephone.

No mention of CCA request (7 weeks ago) and no CCA provided.

Dont think I'll bother, thanks.

Comment

hilliesden are known to ignore response to a request until they provide the docs unless you follow them up with a reminder letter telling them they are in default.

Had a fair bit of expierence with DLC over the last year.

They threaten all sorts but will backdown if you get heavy.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                            hilliesden are known to ignore response to a request until they provide the docs unless you follow them up with a reminder letter telling them they are in default.

Had a fair bit of expierence with DLC over the last year.

They threaten all sorts but will backdown if you get heavy.
                            Think I might fire one off to them.

Cheers.

Comment

Still no CCA.

After a couple of answering machine messages from DCA, asking me to contact them urgently, I sent a reminder letter that they haven't adhered to my CCA request.

Told them not to phone and to only write to me if in connection with the CCA request.

Comment

Working...
                              X