GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jonny8oys UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonny8oys UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonny8oys UE Diary

DMP with Payplan started June 2007 for all accounts

1) Northern Rock LOAN (re-signed agreement to remove insurance Jan 2010 - oops!)
    Outstanding amount: 15,283
    Last paid full amount: June 2007
    Defaulted, own by Northern Rock (Asset Management) plc

Action: No action yet. Will let recently resigned CCA be checked first..
    **UPDATE (18/01/11)** Action: CCA is , therefor the plan is to start with a 30% offer once funds available.

--------------------------

2) Egg LOAN, now with Apex Credit Management
    Outstanding amount: 993
    Last paid full amount: Jun 2007
    Defaulted, own by Apex Credit Management

Action: Sent CCA letter request (29/11/10)
    Received: Letter to say account referred back to Egg to provide CCA agreement (account on hold!)
    **UPDATE (18/01/11)** Received: CCA received from Egg via Apex - sent to Niddy for checking.

3) Halifax LOAN
    Outstanding amount: 404
    Defaulted, own by Halifax Plc (Bank of Scotland) contact through Blair Oliver & Scott

Received: Copy of original CCA agreement received, along with loan conditions (on a seperate sheet) and statements from loan start. Sent to Niddy for checking.
    **UPDATE (18/01/11)** Result: Niddy says loan is sadly . Car long gone (went with ex-wife!)

4) Cahoot Flexi LOAN
    Outstanding amount: 4,070
    Defaulted, own by Santander UK Plc

Received: Copy of original CCA agreement received. Sent to Niddy for checking.
    **UPDATE (18/01/11)** Result: Niddy says loan is . Great news!
    Action:

5) Halifax CREDIT CARD
    Outstanding amount: 8,983
    Defaulted, own by Halifax (Bank of Scotland)

Action: Sent CCA Letter request (29/11/10)
    Received: Copy of reconstitued agreements and original T&Cs..Ummm, thanks Halifax. CCA requested with relevant department.
    **UPDATE (18/01/11)** Received: Copy of CCA. Sent to Niddy for checking.

6) MBNA CREDIT CARD
    Outstanding amount: 4,344
    Defaulted, own by MBNA Europe Back Ltd

**UPDATE (18/01/11)** Action: Nothing received to date, so reminder letter will be sent.

And there's my story so far. These debts are personal and from overcommitment through some difficult personal circumstances. I have been on a DMP program now for just over 3 years and am starting to look for a quicker way out considering the amounts left I have to pay. All the loans are unsecured and I don't currently own my own home. Once I receive the agreements, I'll email them on. Until then I'm playing the waiting game in the snow!

Many thanks for allowing me to post my debts and to attempt the CCA route.
    Last edited by jonny8oy; 18 January 2011, 13:36.

Re: Jonny8oys UE Diary

Welcome Jonny8oy to AAD

We are a friendly Bunch here, Site Administrator is Orange or any questions feel free to contact Blue Moderator or a Green Global Moderator who may be able to help or assist you in the mean time, please check out the below Information on our forum from Chat, Newbie Areas, about and What is UE

To help you navigate around the Forum, please check out:
    The Newbies Chat Thread Area: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=669
    All About Welcome to Forum: viewforum.php?f=74
    More about UE:
    Help with Unenforceability: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny8oy
      DMP with Payplan started June 2007 for all accounts

1) Northern Rock LOAN (re-signed agreement to remove insurance Jan 2010 - oops!)
      Outstanding amount: 15,283
      Defaulted, own by Northern Rock (Asset Management) plc

Action: Plan to send them a F&F settlement offer of 50%
      What a bummer - they suckered you into re-signing arghhh!

Its an expensive mistake! When you say they removed insurance, how exactly, and what is this all about? I am specifically asking did you reclaim or do a PPI complaint? What happened, did they refund you (or the balance of the account) or have they simply just "stopped it"?

Please tell us more. In the meantime, DO NOT make a silly 50% offer. That is nuts

More on next steps later, in the meantime please confirm above points.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

2) Egg LOAN, now with Apex Credit Management
        Received: Letter to say account referred back to Egg to provide CCA statement (account on hold!)
        3) Halifax LOAN
        4) Cahoot Flexi LOAN
        5) Halifax CREDIT CARD
        Action: Sent CCA Letter request (29/11/10)
        6) MBNA CREDIT CARD
        All the above, do nothing. Once they respond, then just update this thread with a new post and email me the agreement as per my signature.

Cheers
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi, welcome to the best site, listen to Niddy and you will be fine.

When I was reading your diary saw that you want to offer Northern Rock 50% don't do it :bad

We had a loan with Northern Rock and had also resigned the year before (duh) anyway we were able to raise some money last year and only after missing 4 months of payments Northern Rock accepted a F&F of 30%. This was before we found Niddy, but this one would have been anyway.

So please listen to Niddy but if offering F&F go really low :yeah :yeah

Comment

Thanks Mrs SnS - I remember this...... bummer of bummers eh? BUT 30% is still a good offer, although still too high for my liking lol.... gh

Comment

Niddy and Mrs SnS

Thank you both for your thoughts and comments so far...Things are happening slowly but I'm encouraged! Diary is updated above. Niddy, I have the agreement from Halifax (loan account) which I'll email to you..

With regards to the NR loan, first off I haven't made an offer. It was just something I was considering, but reading both your comments it seems if it does come to that then I can cut them very low - I'll try the UE route but fear I'm clutching at straws with this one..

@Niddy> It was actually my own silly mistake in trying to reduce the loan amount by removing insurance! As I'd paid most of the insurance already (it seems this sits like cream on the top and is skimmed off first..) but still some left I removed it to reduce, slightly my loan amount. If only I'd known more about UE earlier!! No complaint or PPI has been made - is it too late for this now the original loan is closed?.

NR simply stopped the insurance payment by closing the account and then re-opening a fresh loan account, with a fresh agreement which of course was re-signed by me. I'll scan and send the agreement for you to check UE if you have a moment.

Comment

Hmmm, not much we can do being you openly signed a new agreement (no email received as yet either)...

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                  Hmmm, not much we can do being you openly signed a new agreement (no email received as yet either)...

Thanks Niddy - that's kinda what I thought... A lesson learned the hard way on that one. ;D Thought I was saving myself a bit but that's before I discovered the world of UE's! :hello Once the train has gained momentumn I think I'll chase the low offer route with NR. Irony that this is my highest loan!!

I've forwarded the Halifax CCA on again to 'never-in-doubt@live.co.uk' No bounce backs so not quite sure what happened with that one. Another from Cahoot is on it's way too..

Comment

Hi Niddy, hope the snow is giving some enjoyment and not travelling misery! ;xm46

Know you're super busy but just wondering if you received the credit agreements I emailed to you? Sent you the one for my Cahoot loan and one for my Haliax loan, both mailed and am now hoping and waiting for the next step!

Comment

Hiya

Sorry I have had issues with my emails, please re-send me the stuff and then i'll sort things for you, i'm back up-to-date now!

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Niddy - emails with CAHOOT flexi loan and HALIFAX loan CCA's sent..

Maybe others have seen such a cover letter with their CCA requests from Halifax Credit Cards (by far my not so favourite creditor :grumble)...It's interesting to see they make a comment in the last couple of paragraphs about how any UE still means that the money is owed (of course) but it's written in a scaremonging way that ensures the less brave continue to pay without challange.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Last day at work today! It's all good for now.. Merry Christmas Niddy et al..

Comment

Thanks Niddy. Well, it seems Photoshop has moved on a bit! I scribbled them out with pen before scanning them!! Appreciate you removing the file. Thankyou..

PM'd CAHOOT (flexi loan) and HALIFAX (loan) CCA's

Have a Very Merry Christmas and take a break, relax and congratulations on all the hard work you've done this year! It's a great forum with some truly helpful people...

Comment

ya Happy New Year Niddy and all, imagine it was a busy break but I'm sure you're back to the grind working hard!

Did you receive my PM'd CCA's Niddy?

Comment

Thanks Niddy. Well, it seems Photoshop has moved on a bit! I scribbled them out with pen before scanning them!! Appreciate you removing the file. Thankyou..
                              I meant my photoshop could have removed it, lol - not that I tried to remove it!!

As it happens, even if you'd done it by hand it is still quite easy to wipe it and see the original etch underneath (as you can micro-zoom and see 100x closer).... just be careful is all i'm saying

Comment

Working...
                              X