GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pezman's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pezman's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pezman's Diary

Hi everyone - Had a few loans and credit cards during my life and did not see a problem with spending, working and playing, in 1998 developed a heart condition and had time in hospital and convalescence. Got behind and tried to sort it via DMC who promised the world and produced nothing. Have been paying back for last 12yrs only to find Paragon have been charging interest and not informing me until they had to in 2009 when the CCA74 was updated.They agreed vebally that interest would be frozen in 2000 and agreed in writing that no areers would be added if I sighned an new DD for the new amount. Now in an impossible position re paying back and receiving all sort of phone calls asking for more money and income and expenditure forms etc etc, health poor and concerned about leaving my wife with all this crap. Feel I have hope now I have found this site and have had support from lots of you for which I am very grateful. Below is some of the debts and I will update with the others as and when. Cheers to all Pezman

Type of account - Loan
    Date commenced - 11/09/1998
    Approx balance - £22.345 should be £1800 they have charged interest for last 12yrs
    Date last full payment - June 1999 was paying £10.60 month until today
    Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement until 29.08.12 now not paying
    Status - 29.08.12 cancelled DD
    Account owner - Paragon Finance

Key:
    Blue - Communication Sent
    Red - Communication Received

29.08.12 requested CCA and sent £1 po
    20.09.12 recieved agreement and conditions, emailed Niddy 2 docs.
    23.09.12 Niddy says UE and to send missing PT Template, sent 24.09.12
    16.10.12 Letter received stating they have fulfilled their obligation and will not release from obligation
    05.11.12 Sent SAR request.
    08.11.12 received default sums letter
    17.11.12 received letter in response to my SAR request with copy of UE agreement - UE conditions and 6 pages of accounting showing every payment and all interest and charges since inception of the loan.This is exactly what they sent in response to my CCA request.
    22.11.12 Sent Final Response SAR request
    03.12.12 Letter received stating "We have provided your loan agreement on 3 occasions and have complied with a subject access request fully complying with our obligations. Income and expenditure form enclosed, please complete and send back within 30 days.
    04.12.12 Sent ICO complaint
    18.12.12 Letter received from Paracrap stating arrears have increased to £42.40, they have charged me £10 to tell me this.
    18.12.12 Letter recieved from ICO telling me they have received my letter and will deal with it asap
    03.01.13 Income and exp form received from Paracrap, no other comments other than "please complete"
    04.01.13 Letter recieved from Paracrap: "You did not return your I&E form Please reply within 7 days or phone us. We have charged you £10 for this letter".
    04.02.13 Letters received from Paracrap, one default sums notice stating £20 has been added to account and one stating no payment plan in place please contact.
    04.03.13 Another default sums notice of £20 added to account.
    05.03.13 Letter stating they have responded to my CCA and SAR request. Request I&E to be filled in as they are willing to work with me to sort out a mutually acceptable arrangement. Nothing mutual about their arrangement!
    04.04.13 Parcel from Paracrap including Loads of photocopies and T/C transcripts but still very selective on what they have sent. None of the important stuff.
    16.04.13 Letter from ICO stating Paracrap have failed to comply with the requirements of the DPA, they agree that all the information was not disclosed to me within 40 days. However the ICO has decided not to take any further action as Paracrap have now stated they have sent all info and have now been disclosed to me (not)
    Letter received from Paracrap " We are satisfied that we have issued you with all correspondence and telephone transcripts we hold in relation to your account.
    21.06.13 Letter received from Paracrap, stating they will be sending me a Default Notice if I do not clear the outstanding balance.
    28.06.13 Letter received from Paracrap. Heading: This is a default notice served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
    06.07.13 Letter received from Paracrap stating this is a default sums notice, not a default notice as required by sec 87(1) of the CCA 1974.
    05.09.13 Statement received from Paracrap stating: "We are required to send you a statement every year showing all movements on your account" They have enclosed a statement with the letter.
    18.07.14 Letter received from Paracrap: Stating "Notice to Terminate your loan agreement" the amount they say I owe is £0.
    28.07.14 Letter recieved from Paracrap as above but stating the amount owed is now £5131.80

Last edited by pezman65; 2 August 2014, 09:33. Reason: Update

Re: Pezman's Diary

Type of account - Loan

Date commenced - January 1998

Approx balance - £8037

Date last full payment - 13.08.2000

Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement until 29.08.12

Status - Just cancelled DD

Account owner - Barclays 23

Key:

29.08.12 sent CCA request with £1 PO
    14.09.12 letter received with copy of agreement. Emailed Niddy.
    21.09.12 Niddy says UE to send missing PT template.
    22.09.12 Sent Missing PT letter.
    23.10.12 Letter received, looking into complaint and will contact me later
    03.12.12 Letter received from BC stating responsibility for collecting this outstanding debt has been passed to Credit Solutions LTD.
    15.12.12 Letter recieved from credit solutions stating they have been asked to recover the balance, failure to contact may result in 1) Doorstep visit. 2) Debt sold on to new debt owner. Please contact asap.
    18.12.12 Combined Sold on and doorstep template sent
    31.12.12 Letter received from CS stating they have never received a request for a CCA, they acknowledge that this may have been sent to their client but the need confirmation of this.
    03.01.13 Letter received from Power 2 Conect stating they have been instructed by their client to visit my address to dicuss repayment of the above debt.
    06.01.13 Threat of doorstep visit sent.
    19.01.13 Letter from CS stating awaiting a response from clients re CCA.
    11.03.13 Letter from CS stating awaiting a response from clients re CCA.
    02.04.13 Letter from CS stating awaiting a response from clients re CCA.
    26.04.13 Letter from CS stating they have raised the issue with client who state "They are not in reciept of any CCA request or £1 paid. They have asked for cheque number and proof of CCA request.
    27.04.13 Letter sent as suggested by SH with copy of original to show they received CCA request.
    02.05.13 Another letter from Power 2 Conect " Formal notice of intended visit" they have been instructed to visit.
    17.06.13 Letter received from Barcrap and Moorcrap stating now sold and purchased debt and requesting payment, sent sold in dispute letter.
    17.06.13 sent sold in dispute letter to Moorcrap.
    Last edited by pezman65; 17 June 2013, 10:28. Reason: updated

Comment

Type of account - Credit Card

Date commenced - March 1997

Approx balance - £1609

Date last full payment - March 2000

Are you on arrangement or not paying - arrangement till 29.08.12 now not paying

Account owner - Lewis Debt

Key:

10.09.12 letter recieved from Lewis debt demanding Sept payment and missed August payment, also threatening field agent visit to personally call round and collect the debt. No mention of CCA request.
      11.09.12 sent Harrasment and threat of doorstep visit letter.
      19.09.12 letter recieved from LD to Harrasment and threat letter stating they do not have CCA request (even though they have signed for it and cashed the £1 cheque) requesting copy. Copy sent.
      20.09.12 Sent copy of CCA request to LD.
      02.10.12 Letter recieved form LD stating they are not the creditor and I should apply to Dixons for the CCA request.
      05.10.12 Letter sent requesting them to get CCA
      26.04.13 Letter received from LD with copy of CCA agreement, sent to Niddy.
      28.04.13 Niddy say UE
      09.05.13 Letter received from Santander stating outstanding balance is being sold to Arrow Global Management on May 13th.
      03.06.13 Letter of assignment received from Arrow Gob.
      04.06.13 Sold in dispute template sent as suggested to AG
      Last edited by pezman65; 4 June 2013, 16:50. Reason: tidied up post

Comment

Hi

Just tidied your thread and posts up a little.... When you get the agreements back let us know, good luck.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy, thanks for the tidy up it did look a bit messy. Will my next loan diary follow on or will it drop in at the bottom of the page. Where can I find the Email CCA link, do I have to anonymise the paperwork it or leave it as it is with all the details on it inc address and full name, cheers Pez

Comment

Originally posted by pezman65 View Post
            Hi Niddy, thanks for the tidy up it did look a bit messy. Will my next loan diary follow on or will it drop in at the bottom of the page. Where can I find the Email CCA link, do I have to anonymise the paperwork it or leave it as it is with all the details on it inc address and full name, cheers Pez
            Send here when you get them back--------> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

Leave all paper work as it is...........very safe only Niddy can see
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Type of account - Credit Card

Date commenced -1998

Approx balance - £1861

Date last full payment - 2000

Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement until 29.08.12 now not paying (Cabot)

Account owner - B.O.Scotland / Cabot

Key:

04.09.12 requested CCA and sent £1 po
              11.09.12 letter recieved stating they do not have the info onfile but they have requested it from the original lender, account on hold for 40 days.
              07.12.12 Letter received from Crackpot stating they are unable to obtain CCA and as such the account is unenforceable. Please contact to arrange payment (Yea right)
              22.04.13 Large letter received from Crapbot complete with recon CCA agreement .... unfortunately (or fortunately) not mine. They have sent someone else's complete with all details inc address, phone number, employment and bank information complete with account numbers and signatures.I am sure this can not be right.
              13.05.13 Letter from Crapbot just asking to make contact, I will ignore for now, Yes?
              09.09.13 Letter from Crapbot requesting contact or else.
              16.09.13 Missing PT letter sent
              0411.13 Letter received from FIRE (Financial Investigation & Recoveries LTD) stating that despite repeated requests for payment I still owe etc etc.
              20.03.14 Letter received from Arrow Global with copy of agreement and T&C, sent to Niddy to check if UE.
              Last edited by pezman65; 21 March 2014, 14:23. Reason: update new letter

Comment

Type of account - loan

Date commenced - 1998

Approx balance - £5109

Date last full payment - 2000

Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement until 04.09.12 now not paying

Account owner - Barclaycard 84

Key:

08.09.12 letter received from Barclays dated 05.09.12. tranfering to RMA.
                02.10.12 Letter from BC stating again account passed to RMA.
                15.10.12 Letter recieved form RMA offering reduced settlement if I contact them asap or I will loose the offer.
                29.10.12 letter from RMA demanding payment or else.
                27.11.12 formal notice of potential doorstep recovery, no acknowledgement of my CCA request.
                01.12.12 Sent doorstep letter template.
                16.02.13 Letter from RMA headed "30 DAY NOTICE" This situation is unacceptable and cannot be allowed to continue.contact the office or they will pass back to BC and recomend they investigate legal action. Again no mention of my CCA request.
                18.02.13 sent unforcebility letter
                21.02.13 Received letter from BC stating account passed to Mackenzie Hall and a request to contact, also, if I dont call them they will call me.
                27.06.13 Letter received from Barcrap with hand written CCA and very faint T&C.
                04.07.13 Sent to Niddy to check.
                9.07.13 Niddy says its UE
                30.07.13 Missing P&T sent to B,Card
                12.09.13 Letter received from Barcrap, "we have looked into your complaint" etc etc - "you have no legal basis to contest" - "we have provided you with a true copy" - "this is our final findings so please make contact".

Last edited by pezman65; 13 September 2013, 21:41. Reason: Update

Comment

Hi Guys, just an update. Sent all the requests for CCA and am now just waiting, really scary, I have had several phone calls but just keep saying who are you and refusing to go through security, they get a bit cross and demanding but I hold the phone away so I cant hear them, I really feel in control at the moment, quite an adrenalin rush, that may change but hey ho, for now I am no longer a . To think I used to be terrified of them and used to grovel hoping they would accept my offers of payment, not any more . On another point I have tried to view some other diarys for confidence but I cant open some of the bold letters that Niddy suggests for other people, am I not allowed or have I got a problem on my PC. Speak soon, lovely sunny day, we are off to the park, Many thanks Pezman x
                  Last edited by pezman65; 8 September 2012, 07:08.

Comment

Hi Guys, letter received from Barclays dated 05.09.12. They state
                    "Due to non payment they have passed onto RMA" , they have not sent any CCA or even acknowledged my request that was sent on 29.08.12. They also state they will not accept any further communication from me and all communication needs to be through RMA. Usual requests re calling RMA to arrange immediate payment etc, I can expect RMA to make contact very soon but I now have a way to deal with phone calls and feel OK with this. Shall I send letter to RMA with copy of CCA request, thanks Pez

Comment

Originally posted by pezman65 View Post
                      Hi Guys, letter received from Barclays dated 05.09.12. They state
                      "Due to non payment they have passed onto RMA" , they have not sent any CCA or even acknowledged my request that was sent on 29.08.12. They also state they will not accept any further communication from me and all communication needs to be through RMA. Usual requests re calling RMA to arrange immediate payment etc, I can expect RMA to make contact very soon but I now have a way to deal with phone calls and feel OK with this. Shall I send letter to RMA with copy of CCA request, thanks Pez
                      Nope, just sit tight - they are still responsible for your s.78 request.... keep us updated and let us know when RMA contact you, until then chill
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, will sit very tight, Pez

Comment

Hi Guys, recieved a letter from Lewis debt today totally ignoring my CCA request sent on 29.08.12 and just demanding August and Sept payment or a field agent may call and collect the debt, they asked me to call if this was inconvienient, any action ?Cheers Pez
                          Last edited by pezman65; 10 September 2012, 21:17. Reason: update

Comment

If someone does turn up, make sure you ask them for identification before you tell them to F.O.

This may confuse them, or they may come prepared.........
                            Attached Files
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks Flowerpower and Saltnvinegar, will do, Pez

Comment

Working...
                              X