GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceability/MBNA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceability/MBNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unenforceability/MBNA

Hi,

I have been trying to see if a MBNA credit card bill is unenforceable. The amount is £5,500.49.

They have sold the debt onto a DCA and I have received many demands from them.
    Recently they sent me a letter offering a £10 per month payment or 75% write off option
    Next they sent a threatening looking Notice of Debt Recovery letter which scared me into sending your CCA request letter.
    I then received an acknowledgment letter from Hillesden Securities.
    Since then they (DLC) have continued to send me more threatening letters but I still haven’t received a copy of my CCA from them.

I have attached all these letters and was wondering what my next course of action should be?

Many thanks!
    Alfieh
    Last edited by Deepie; 21 March 2012, 12:07.

Re: Unenforceability/MBNA

I've just removed your letter as it had all your personal info on
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Await the cca. It's UE until such time they comply and respond.

Who did you send cca to?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If you CCA'd DLC then send them this follow up ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat

If you sent to mbna resend to dlc with a new cheque for £1.

Has the other £1 been cashed and if so don't do any of the above.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thankyou In 2 Deep...I was very stupid there!

Hi Niddy, I sent the CCA to DLC (Direct Legal & Collections) and received the reply from Hillesden Securities.

Thanks
          Alfieh

Comment

I sent the £1 via postal order (so they didn’t have a copy of my signature) to DLC.

Comment

Ok so it's been received I presume; send the chaser to dlc.

Hillesdon is nobody

Ignore them for now. Just send the chaser.

Comment

ps hillesdon & dlc are one and the same. Just thought I'd clarify that

Comment

Thanks Niddy,

I’ll send the chaser and let you know what comes back!

Comment

Hi Niddy,

The chaser letter includes this sentence:

I also enclosed the statutory fee of £1.00.

Do I have to send them another postal order as I have already sent them one with the original CCA letter?

Thanks
                    Alfieh

Comment

Oops sorry.....just realised the magic word there is ’enclosed’ so no need to send another one!

Sorry!

Comment

Take that out - I thought it said "I sent the £1 fee"? ie you'd previously sent it.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfieh View Post
                          Oops sorry.....just realised the magic word there is ’enclosed’ so no need to send another one!

Sorry!
                          Lol yea I thought so! Slight wording difference but was same thing haha

Leave it in then!

Comment

i had the same situation with MBNA and DLC for my mothers debt.

They did at one point continue to send demands for payment whilst confirming they had no CCA and would continue to persue MBNA for it.

Some advise, the letters will drop off, i nor my mother have heard from DLC since early February.

Some advise would be, wait until you receive a letter from their solicitors (you will get this) send them the template letter threat before action, confirming no CCA, and attach a copy of DLC's letter that says they are still persuing MBNA for it.

You will get a letter back within 2 weeks from DLC apologising for the solicitor letter, and a reminder that you still owe the debt.

That will be the last letter you get from them.

Its been the same letters in the same order for me and another person on here so far, so you will be no different trust me
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you SXGuy, I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                              X