GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Old Next account with moorcroft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Next account with moorcroft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Next account with moorcroft

Hi all, my wife has been trying to negotiate a payment plan she can afford with Next catalogue for a while but they wont entertain it and just ignore any letters and budget sheets she has sent. Now she has a had a letter from Moorcroft on behalf of Next which says it is a notice of intended litigation and payment is need in 7 days etc etc. Mind you it was sent second class in a nice yellow envelope!

But the question is, she hasnt sent a cca request for this so is that where she starts? Even though there is a mild threat of court?

The balance is about 450 quid and the account was opened in the mid nineties

thanks all

Re: Old Next account with moorcroft

i would send them the CCA request, must say next doesn't have a great record of producing any paperwork. Send in the first place to moorcroft, that'll puzzle them for a few days.

Comment

Thanks evenless, will do that tomorrow :-) Just wanted to be sure.

Comment

Moorcroft are fairly easy to get shot of when there's no paperwork... or cack paperwork; I've dealt with them re. three different accounts... lucky me!

The yellow envelopes that look like sick (appropriate) seem to be a recent touch.... but the pre-court rubbish has been going on for years.....as has their A J Martin (signatory) who they still haven't put out to grass yet apparently.....
        Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks P1. He is indeed the signatory lol.
          You must be the cag P1 mustnt you?

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
            Thanks P1. He is indeed the signatory lol.
            You must be the cag P1 mustnt you?
            Yes.... 'tis me.... the very same...
            Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi JSW,
              Yep Little Miss trouble is here..yea!!

Next accounts are rubbish with paperwork...their presumptuous practice of automatically setting up accounts when someone only ever intended to buy a one off item is biting them in the derriere.
              Definitely send a CCA request!

Shepherdess x
              Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 10 November 2011, 08:26. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Thanks Shepherdess, we will wait and see what they come up with! It was only about 6 months ago they sent her a fresh credit agreement to sign before they could allow her to enter into a payment plan lol. Of course that was never signed or returned.

Comment

I will say they defaulted me because I was late with one payment on my payment plan and was ccj d within 2 months

Comment

Originally posted by mrs_m View Post
                    I will say they defaulted me because I was late with one payment on my payment plan and was ccj d within 2 months
                    Blimey.... that was rushed through quickly!!!

Who got the CCJ and how long ago did all this happen?
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by mrs_m View Post
                      But did you challenge it? I'm quite surprised the judge even allowed it, as normally they don't even default the account until three payments have been missed. Seems a bit harsh to me!

Comment

you can be defaulted a day after first missed payment - bear in mind the provisions of s.87/88 ie time for remedy etc but otherwise, it would not be able to have proceeded "properly" in that time, ie this may be able to be appealed....
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
                          Hi all, my wife has been trying to negotiate a payment plan she can afford with Next catalogue for a while but they wont entertain it and just ignore any letters and budget sheets she has sent. Now she has a had a letter from Moorcroft on behalf of Next which says it is a notice of intended litigation and payment is need in 7 days etc etc. Mind you it was sent second class in a nice yellow envelope!

But the question is, she hasnt sent a cca request for this so is that where she starts? Even though there is a mild threat of court?

The balance is about 450 quid and the account was opened in the mid nineties

thanks all
                          Other than this almost certainly being

they cannot just ignore reasonable efforts to settle the debt (debt collection guidance) , plus the balance is too small to go for anything via the courts, so really - fuck em *pardon the language!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Tbh I cant remember too much about it I know that I made a payment arrangement I believe in the November and was 4 days late paying in the december then bang default refused further payments and ccj I only wish I knew what I know now, um well the ccj comes off in 2013 so this all happened very early 2007, worst thing was I had just split from ex and explained this to them but they too no notice.....on the plus side this is the last bad thing on my file only wish I would have got a note put on my file that it was satisfied but I threw out or mislaid all the paperwork.x

Comment

I'd just leave it then if you're not paying the CCJ

* hope for SB in 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X