GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Time to get a grip! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to get a grip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to get a grip!

Hello all,

As the title says, time to get a grip on everything.
    Have spent the last few hours reading up on all the stuff here, from Unenforceability, Defaults and all the template letters, which are fabulous.
    But, my head is booming now.....
    In a nutshell, it may be that I have to go back to the very beginning with UE, I do have two CCA's that were UE two years ago, am assuming that hasnt changed.
    But now that they have defaulted me, will obtain credit report tomorrow, my OH got a mortgage application declined as a result, even though it wasn't a joint application..............so time to take action and I'm hoping the good folks here will help me through it??
    It sometimes does take a shock to shake you out of it, doesn't it?!

Haven't set up a diary as yet, but my eyes are droopy now and tomorrow I will set it up and lay it out like Niddy suggests.
    I'm sure i will have loads of questions, please be gentle!!!!

Bedtime methinks,

Back tomorrow

DH x

Re: Time to get a grip!

Hi DH, I'm pleased you have found us and here is a recap of Niddy's post on how to set up your UE Diary tomorrow.

Best wishes on your UE journey
    IF…x

To help me, to help you, please provide the following information for each account:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Providing the above information, for each account helps me. Then, when you start the process lay your diary out in a format like this example
    All you have to do is read down, you'll see Pixie has placed each account in its own post with updates in colour under each so when she updates these, it is easier for me to spot any changes and advise accordingly.
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hello IF,

Thanks for the welcome.
      To start, can I ask a couple of questions please?
      Ok - am I in the right section, UE? I am assuming that the CCA's I have are UE, as they were deemed as such two years ago so nothing would have changed. But as there will now be defaults, should I just start again from the beginning, ie requesting CCA'S or can I skip a step or two? I don't want to clog up the section with stuff that I already know or have had confirmed.
      Looking at what I have at the moment - I'm probably at the stage of account sold in dispute, as evidently that's what they have done. Errr, think I'm answering my own question here!!!! For the benefit of others, it's probably best I start again, with what I have and be guided by you guys.
      Now, I spent the morning taking through tons and tons of rubbish.........and what I have so far are two CCA'S and two copies of the letters sent back saying there are no prescribed terms so go away, it's unenforceable. I suspect there has been a cull of accumulated rubbish as that's all I can find, ooh dear , not good! Slaps self around head with a mallet!
      And for years I have poked fun at OH and his wee book, where he records all financial transactions..........yup, who is laughing now, hmmm Dunderheid!!?

Ok enough of the poking myself with a stick, time for a wee coffee and a hunt about the house for more......

DH x

Comment

Others may think otherwise but if you have lost paperwork etc you may be well served by starting over again.

You do have 2 CCA's. Who's to say they havent been just as remiss as you have?

More to the point maybe something has surfaced that wasnt around back then.

Are you paying towards them?

The UE diaries are set out as they are so the team can see at a glance where you up to. I am asking questions already lol

Comment

Originally posted by dunderheid View Post
          Hello IF,

Thanks for the welcome.
          To start, can I ask a couple of questions please?
          Ok - am I in the right section, UE? I am assuming that the CCA's I have are UE, as they were deemed as such two years ago so nothing would have changed. But as there will now be defaults, should I just start again from the beginning, ie requesting CCA'S or can I skip a step or two? I don't want to clog up the section with stuff that I already know or have had confirmed.
          Looking at what I have at the moment - I'm probably at the stage of account sold in dispute, as evidently that's what they have done. Errr, think I'm answering my own question here!!!! For the benefit of others, it's probably best I start again, with what I have and be guided by you guys.
          Now, I spent the morning taking through tons and tons of rubbish.........and what I have so far are two CCA'S and two copies of the letters sent back saying there are no prescribed terms so go away, it's unenforceable. I suspect there has been a cull of accumulated rubbish as that's all I can find, ooh dear , not good! Slaps self around head with a mallet!
          And for years I have poked fun at OH and his wee book, where he records all financial transactions..........yup, who is laughing now, hmmm Dunderheid!!?

Ok enough of the poking myself with a stick, time for a wee coffee and a hunt about the house for more......

DH x
          DH This is where the UE diaries are

------ > Unenforceability Diaries - allaboutFORUMS

Please start a new thread there and for each debt set out as Niddy has suggested. Not sure if the CCA's you have are UE but put everything down and Nid will say yay or nay

Comment

If you have accounts for which you already have a copy of an unenforceable CCA, then whatever you do don't request another one. They could reconstruct something which would appear to be enforceable, and leave you in a far worse position. Just begin the fight based on what you have already been given, and wait for them to come to you. Don't go chasing them if they are not sending you anything.

If there are accounts for which you have no paperwork, and for which you are being harassed, then you will need to send off an appropriate request (s 77, 78 or 79).

SH

Comment

Okee dokey.....thank you IF, will do as you've suggested.
              BBL, as this Xmas thingy is fast approaching and I've done didley squat!

DH x

Comment

Think alot of all this depends on where the OP is with this we just havnt got enough info yet

If they paying? Is the account disputed? Whos it with? Are they already in contact. Why is it UE. Who gave them this info? The questions are endless.

Like anything bad facts can lead to bad advice.

Comment

Originally posted by dunderheid View Post
                  Okee dokey.....thank you IF, will do as you've suggested.
                  BBL, as this Xmas thingy is fast approaching and I've done didley squat!

DH x
                  No worries come back later and do your diary in your own time.

This Xmas thingy is approaching fast, just about done things here.......although there are always the last minute 'bits' to get

Comment

Your old thread is here --> dunderheid UE Diary - - allaboutFORUMS

Better to update that really....
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I can really see why this takes so long to wade through, i have just spent about 6 hours just reading through one diary........seriously, i dont know how Niddy manages to keep up with it all!!
                      So as he says, my diary from 2 years ago has been merged to form one, some questions posted by others may be answered ie where did the UE advice come from.

DH

Comment

Working...
                      X